Baizhu, also known as Dr. Baizhu, is the newest 5-star Dendro Catalyst character in the open-world RPG Genshin Impact version 3.6. He is first introduced to be the owner of Bubu Pharmacy in Liyue. In this Genshin Impact guide, we will provide you with all the essential information about abilities, skills, talents, and more for Baizhu.
Baizhu is a good-natured person who is always bothered by something, but he doesn’t let that affect his work. He has a fascination with death and researches it thoroughly. However, he hates death and is committed to preventing it. According to Qiqi’s notebook, he is a good person who has a lot on his mind.
Genshin Impact Baizhu Guide: Abilities description
Talent upgrade priority
Burst = Skill > Normal Attack. The normal attacks are not that useful for Baizhu
Normal Attack: The Classics of Acupuncture
- Baizhu performs up to four attacks that deal Dendro (elemental) damage to opponents in front of him. The damage increases with each hit, and the final hit deals the most damage.
- This skill consumes a certain amount of stamina to deal AoE (Area of Effect) Dendro damage to opponents in front of Baizhu after a short casting time. The damage increases with the length of the charge.
- This attack allows Baizhu to plunge towards the ground from mid-air, dealing AoE Dendro damage to enemies in his path upon impact with the ground. Which is basically the same as most Plunging attacks of other characters.
- Baizhu controls a Gossamer Sprite that cruises and attacks nearby opponents, dealing Dendro damage. After it performs three attacks or if there are no opponents nearby, the Sprite will return, healing all nearby party members based on Baizhu’s Max HP.
If Baizhu is included in the team, interacting with specific harvestable items will recover 2.5% of the current character’s HP, which is determined by Baizhu’s Max HP.
Five Fortunes Forever
Baizhu receives different bonuses depending on the current HP of the active character:
- If the HP is less than 50%, Baizhu gets a 20% Healing Bonus.
- If the HP is 50% or higher, Baizhu receives a 25% Dendro DMG Bonus.
All Things Are of the Earth
Characters who are healed by Seamless Shields receive the Year of Verdant Favor effect: for every 1,000 Max HP Baizhu has (up to 50,000), Burning, Bloom, Hyperbloom, and Burgeon reaction DMG will increase by 2%, and Aggravate and Spread reaction DMG will increase by 0.8%. This effect lasts for 6 seconds.
Universal Diagnosis gains an extra charge.
When the active character strikes a nearby opponent, Baizhu unleashes a Gossamer Sprite: Splice, which deals 250% of Baizhu’s ATK as Dendro DMG and restores 20% of Universal Diagnosis’s Gossamer Sprite‘s normal healing. This effect can be triggered once every 5 seconds and is considered Elemental Skill DMG.
All Aspects Stabilized
Holistic Revivification’s level is increased by 3, with a maximum upgrade level of 15.
Ancient Art of Perception
For 15 seconds after Holistic Revivification is used, all nearby party members’ Elemental Mastery increases by 80.
The Hidden Ebb and Flow
Universal Diagnosis’s level is increased by 3, with a maximum upgrade level of 15.
Elimination of Malicious Qi
Holistic Revivification’s Spiritveins deal DMG equal to 8% of Baizhu’s Max HP. When a Gossamer Sprite or Gossamer Sprite: Splice hits opponents, there is a 100% chance of generating one of Holistic Revivification’s Seamless Shields. This effect can only be triggered once by each Gossamer Sprite or Gossamer Sprite: Splice.
Genshin Impact Baizhu Guide: Playstyle
Baizhu in Genshin Impact is a support character who can heal and debuff enemies while dealing damage. To make the most of his abilities, generating Cloudy Particles is key. These particles are generated when Baizhu’s attacks hit enemies affected by his Elemental Skill or Burst, allowing him to use his Burst more often.
It’s important to switch to the character that needs healing or will benefit most from the debuff, as Baizhu’s effects only apply to the active character. Baizhu’s playstyle is about balancing healing, debuffing, and damage.
Baizhu may seem like a decent option for a support character in a Physical DPS team, but his abilities don’t provide as much value as other buffers like Bennett or Xinyan. His Elemental Skill can reduce enemy DEF and increase the on-field character’s ATK, but it only lasts for a short duration and has a relatively long cooldown.
Overall, while Baizhu can be a useful support character in certain situations, players should be aware that he may not be the most effective option for a Physical DPS team. They should consider other support characters with more relevant abilities and stronger synergy with their team composition.
That’s all for today’s Genshin Impact Baizhu guide, which discusses his skillset and different abilities. Let us know in the comment section below!