The long-awaited Inazuma update for Genshin Impact has finally arrived, bringing with it a new set of Inazuma-themed weapons. Weapons are essential in increasing the versatility and stats of the characters like attack, energy recharge, etc. In Genshin Impact you can obtain weapons by pulling on any of three banners and getting the perfect weapon. This takes a lot of time based on the luck of the player and if you are looking for a five-star weapon the wait will be longer or you will have to invest a lot of money. For many players, it is more feasible to find good outside of the Gacha system. Luckily, Genshin Impact offers players the ability to craft weapons at the blacksmith’s shop. In this article, we will look at the craftable weapons in the Inazuma map in Genshin Impact, how to craft them, and compare them with the previously available craftable and F2P weapons.
All new Inazuma craftable weapons in Genshin Impact
Craftable weapons are forged using billets that are dropped by weekly bosses. One of each of these billets can be purchased from Minxing jewelry in Liyue. The drop rates for these items are low but over time with time-limited events and lots of runs in boss domains players can expect to accumulate multiple billets. Therefore it is easier to refine these weapons for better results which is one of the advantages of craftable weapons over weapons obtained from banners.
It’s highly recommended that players explore all of the islands first to make the hunt for the blueprints easier. Additionally, some regions are locked behind progression walls requiring the travelers to progress through the main quest.
1. Amenoma Kageuchi
After casting an Elemental skill, you can gain 1 succession seed. This effect can be triggered once every 5 seconds. Moreover, the succession seed lasts for 30 seconds. Upto 3 succession seeds may exist simultaneously. To obtain the blueprint you will have to complete the “Farmer’s Treasure” quest on Jinren Island. Players must complete the “Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual” quest before they can proceed to Jinren Island.
2. Katsuragikiri Nagamasa
This weapon increases elemental skill damage by 6%. After the elemental skill damage hits an opponent loses 3 energy but regenerates 3 energy per 2 seconds for 6 seconds. This effect can occur for 10 seconds. Moreover, it can also be triggered when the character is not on the field. To obtain the blueprint you will have to complete the “Tatara Tales” world quest series at Tatarasuna. Players must collect three keys and unlock a certain gate to unlock the weapon blueprint.
3. Kitain Cross Spear
This weapon increases elemental skill damage by 6%. After the elemental skill damage hits an opponent loses 3 energy but regenerates 3 energy per 2 seconds for 6 seconds. This effect can occur for 10 seconds. Moreover, it can also be triggered when the character is not on the field. To get this craftable weapon, you will have to complete the “Orobashi’s Legacy” world quest event chain given by the NPC Kaji, which is located at the western end of Kannazuka.
4. Hakushin Ring
After the character is equipped with this weapon, it triggers an electro elemental reaction. Through this, nearby party members of an elemental type involved in this reaction receive a 10% elemental damage bonus lasting for 10 seconds. To obtain this craftable weapon, you will have to complete the “Yougou Cleansing” world quest, which is part of the “Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual,”. Furthermore, you need to speak to the mysterious shrine maiden at Konda Village.
The Hamayumi weapon increases normal attack damage by 16% and Charged attack damage by 12%. Also, when the equipping character’s energy reaches 100%, this effect is increased by 100%. This weapon blueprint is obtainable mainly through exploration in Inazuma. Moreover, you will be offered a mysterious conch to Takashi near the Kannazuka Waypoint in Tatarsuna. After he accepts the conches players have the option to choose one of three common chests to available at his house. Doing this for seven days will unlock a hidden achievement “Thank You, Come Again”.
At this moment it is not known if the blueprint is awarded for the achievement of giving the bag of flower seeds (obtained from the chest at Takashi’s house) to Hanayama Karu. So keep doing this daily until you get the blueprint.
Comparison of new and old weapons in Genshin Impact
While equipping the Inazuma craftable weapons the secondary stats and passive are important considerations in Genshin Impact. Hence the choice for each character is dependent on their kit. Next, we have compared the old weapons and the new weapons that have arrived in Genshin Impact.
Prototype Rancour and Iron sting are the two old weapons present in the game. Compared to Prototype Rancour the base attack of Amenoma Kageuchi is lower but higher than the base attack of Iron Sting.
- Iron sting has elementary mastery as its secondary stats. This is suitable for characters who have damage potential based on elemental reactions. An example is Kazuha. Iron sting is viable with Kaeya support in melt compositions.
- Prototype Rancour has the highest damage 4-star weapon. So this is one of the best f2p options for characters whose skills are based on base damage or scale highly off the attack. The only problem with this weapon is its secondary stat as it is physical damage which is not required by a lot of characters.
For Bennet, this is the best in slot 4-star weapon since the damage bonus from his burst scales on the base attack. For physical built Keqing and Kaeya, Rancour with its high base attack and physical damage bonus is the best in slot f2p weapon.
- The new weapon Amenoma Kageuchi is the best blacksmith option for Ayaka. It can also be the best f2p weapon for Ayaka replacing black cliff longsword if the artifacts you possess have high crit damage substats. It is also a viable option for Kaeya, Jean as its low base attack is compensated by a high attack% secondary stat along with a great passive especially for Kaeya as his skill cooldown is low allowing him to abuse the passive.
The advantage of Amenona Kageuchi is that it has a good secondary stat and usually supports require energy recharge which is provided by the passive making it a generic weapon for a lot of characters. Therefore the amenoma is a great addition to the sword collection and will remain viable until players get their hands on better weapons from the gacha system.
For Xinqui and Qiqi none of the swords is a good fit. But among the three Amenoma Kageuchi will be the best since both of them need high energy recharge and both can utilize the atk% stat to great advantage. While for Albedo the best f2p is a 3-star weapon so he doesn’t need any of the blacksmith weapons.
With the addition of Katsuragikiri Nagamasa players now have four craftable weapons to choose from in Genshin Impact after the Inazuma update. Each of these has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
- Whiteblind has a defence secondary stat and is viable for Noelle and Xinyan. The passive of this weapon grants players with additional attack and defence on hitting normal and charged attacks and has a maximum of 4 stacks. While Noelle can fully utilize this weapon, Xinyan should use this claymore only if she is in the team for her shielding ability.
- Prototype Archaic has a high base attack and a secondary attack percent stat. This makes it one of the best 4 star weapon. The passive is also useful and at high refinement provides huge amount of damage. The weapon performs amazing on Diluc, Razor, Beidou and even Chongyun.
- Snow-Tombed Starsilver is another craftable weapon which is available at the blacksmith. It has a physical damage bonus as a secondary and its passive has a 60% chance to provide additional physical damage on normal and charged attacks (at refinement 1).
This weapon is good for physical DPS characters and has the same main attack stat as the Prototype archaic. It is a great weapon for DPS Razor, Beidou, Eula, and Xinyan. Eula can make better use of Snow Tombed as the passive has additional AOE damage on characters affected by cryo.
- Katsuragikiri Nagamasa is good for characters in the support role as the weapon has a energy recharge substat. It also provides additional elemental skill damage. The base attack is low as compared to snow-tombed starsilver and prototype archai therefore it is not good for main dps characters. The energy recharge stat is lower than favonious greatsword.
The only character in the game currently who can make use of this weapon is Beidou. This is because her burst is of 80 costs. So when using her as support without Fischl in the team, she needs a lot of energy recharge. Chongyun though mostly used as a supporting character does not need energy recharge because he generates a lot of energy from his skill and burst and his burst is of only 40 costs.
Hamayumi Bow is the latest addition to f2p obtainable weapons in the game. Previously we had two weapons from the blacksmith namely Prototype Crescent and Compound Bow. There is also a few Favonious Warbow available after completion of the “A Long Shot Archon” quest.
- Prototype Crescent has a atk % substat. Its passive grants movement speed and additional attack on hitting the weak points using charged attacks. The only downside is that passive is not that useful.The base attack is good bow for Ganyu and is good f2p option infact it performs only 10-15% worse than her best in slot weapon Amos Bow. Amber also finds use in Amber’s kit.
- Compound Bow has a physical damage substat with its passive giving an increase in atk percent and normal attack speed.Compond Bow is useful for Fischl main dps but on support Fischl it is not a good weapon. Compound Bow can be used for Childe as well.
- Favonious Warbow is a support bow with a low base attack similar to Hamayumi. This bow is great for Diona as she requires high energy to spam her burst for better heals.
- Lastly, we have the Hamayumi bow. Currently we don’t have access to the bow but based on the stats it is a weapon made specifically for bow users who have their attacks focused on normal and charged attacks. The bow’s passive increases normal and charged attack damage. Additionally, on 100% energy, this effect is increased by 100% at refinement one.
The low base attack means the weapon is not the best for Ganyu. But based on the artifact substats it can be made viable if a lot of attacks is available on them. On Ganyu this weapon can outperform Prototype crescent if the players do not intend to use her burst regularly due to the weapons passive providing additional damage.
The bow is good on Childe and can only be outdone by prototype crescent if players are able to proc its passive continuously which is difficult. Amber can also make use of this bow since she does not use her burst often. Support characters like Venti and Diona can not utilize the bow’s potential and hence shall not be equipped with this weapon.
On Venti and Fischl Windblume Ode is the best f2p weapon. This weapon is technically f2p as it was obtainable for free during the Windblume festival which was in-game during patch 1.4
Kitain Cross Spear is a great weapon with a high base attack and provides a lot of damage with its passive and secondary stat of elementary mastery. The passive increases elemental skill damage and also provides energy recharge indirectly. It is comparable to Dragonspine making it easier for players to get their desired stats for free.
The weapons available from earlier patches are Prototype Starglitter, Crescent Pike, and Dragonspine spear.
- Prototype starglitter has lower base attack than Kitain Cross but its secondary stat of energy recharge is useful for support characters like Rosaria. The passive provides additional normal and charged attack damage after using the elemental skill. It is a good weapon for Xiangling support since she won’t be available to collect elemental orbs as she will be offield. Zhongli without a battery to grant him energy can also make use of this weapon. For Rosaria this is the best f2p weapon.
- Crescent Pike has the highest base attack for a 4 star polearm and its passive provides insane value. It is a good weapon for Xiangling physical dps. Zhongli can also make excellent use of this weapon but it is not good for increasing shielding potential.
- Dragonspine spear is not a good weapon and should not be crafted. It basically is the crescent pike with a different passive and lower base attack making it an inferior weapon.
- Kitain Cross Spear is broken for Xiangling as she can make use of both the elemental mastery and energy recharge. Hu tao can also use this weapon until players have access to Blackcliff pole or other gacha weapons.
The new catalyst Hakushin Ring competes with three catalysts Prototype Amber, Mappa Mare, and Frostbearer.
- Out of these Mappa Mare with Elemental Mastery is the best weapon as it has high base attack and elemental mastery substat making it a great weapon for support characters. Its passive also increasing Elemental Damage. This weapon is used for Sucrose and Mona. Yanfei can also make use of this weapon due its high base attack and since Yanfei is a pyro character she has a lot of elemental damage potential with Melt and Vaporize.
- Frostbearer provides attack percent substat and is viable for main dps characters like Ningguang and Klee. The passive also provides additional damage. Lisa support can also make good use of this weapon. This weapon is good if players don’t have access to 5 star weapons and 4 star gacha weapons like the widsith.
- Prototype Amber is not a great weapon overall. This is because its secondary stat of HP can be used by Barbara and even for her there are better weapons available.
- Lastly before coming to Hakushin Ring we have another F2P weapon Dodoco Tales. This was available for free during the “Midsummer Island Adventure” event in Patch 1.7. This weapon is great for main dps role and performs better than Frostbearer for Klee,Mona and Ningguang.
- Hakushin Ring is a niche weapon since main DPS don’t usually need energy recharge from the weapon. This is because they use other characters as battery for energy gains. Also the passive is usable only for Electro characters. This makes this weapon viable only for Lisa because she is the only Electro catalyst in the game till now. Maybe there is an upcoming Catalyst user who use this weapons potential so until then don’t craft this weapon.
What are your thoughts about the Inazuma craftable weapons in Genshin Impact? Let us know in the comment section below!