Genshin Impact is an adventure RPG game released by miHoYo in 2020. In a short span of time, the game has become one of the most successful adventure RPG titles ever to have been released. This guide will be looking into one of the most popular characters in Genshin Impact, Xiao, and the best weapons, artifacts, and materials required for his ascension.
Xiao: Playstyle and skillset of the character
Xiao is an Adeptus and the last of the Five Great Yakshas sent by Morax to tame the demonic spirits that haunted Liyue. He is currently residing in Wangshu Inn, where he is isolated from crowds and human contact. Xiao is a 5-star Anemo polearm wielder, and his constellation is Alatus Nemeseos. The following are his talents, skills, and attacks:
|Name / Description||Type|
|Whirlwind Thrust||Normal Attack|
|Xiao performs up to 6 consecutive rapid strikes with his polearm.|
|Whirlwind Thrust||Charged attack|
|Xiao consumes stamina unleashing a quick upward strike.|
|Whirlwind Thrust||Plunge attack|
|– Xiao plunges from midair with her spear then hits the ground, dealing AOE damage. |
– Xiao does not take damage no matter how high he uses his plunge attack.
|Lemniscatic Wind Cycling||Elemental Skill|
|Xiao dashes forward dealing Anemo damage to enemies hit|
– Starts with 2 charges
– Can be used mid-air
|Bane of All Evil||Elemental Burst|
|Xiao wears the yaksha’s mask greatly increasing his power:|
– Converts attack damage from physical to Anemo
– Increases attack range and damage
– Greatly increases Xiao’s jumping ability
– Xiao continuously loses a percentage of his hp while in this state
- Transcension: Gravity Defier– Reduces climbing stamina usage by 20% for your own party members. Passive Talents that deliver the same effects cannot be stacked.
- Conqueror of Evil: Tamer of Demons– While under the influence of Bane of All Evil, Xiao’s DMG rises by 5%. DMG rises by 5% for every 3 seconds the ability is active. The DMG boost is limited to a maximum of 25%.
- Dissolution Eon: Heaven fall- Using Lemnistatic Wind Cycling raises the DMG of following Lemniscatic Wind Cycling attacks by 15%. This effect lasts 7 seconds and can stack up to 3 times. Gaining a new stack resets the duration of the effect.
Sets to farm for Xiao in Genshin Impact
There are two recommended artifact sets for Xiao. These two include Viridescent Venerer and Gladiator’s Finale. Both of these artifact sets are great on Xiao, each for different reasons. Gladiator’s Finale would greatly increase his overall damage potential. Viridescent Venerer, however, would greatly increase his Anemo damage, which in turn would greatly boost the damage potential of Xiao in his ult form.
Stats to look on artifacts
|Artifact||Main Stat||Sub Stat|
Attack % / Energy Recharge
Crit rate / Crit damage
Materials required for ascension of Xiao
The materials needed to ascend Xiao from level 1 to level 90 are as follows:
|1x||Vayuda Turquoise Sliver|
|9x||Vayuda Turquoise Fragment|
|9x||Vayuda Turquoise Chunk|
|6x||Vayuda Turquoise Gemstone|
|Experience||414 Hero’s wit, 13 Adventurer’s XP, 22 Wanderers advice, and 1,672,000 Mora|
Talent upgrade materials for Xiao
|3x||Teachings of Prosperity|
|21x||Guide to Prosperity|
|38x||Philosophies of Prosperity|
|6x||Shadow of the Warrior|
|1x||Crown of Insight|
Best weapons for Xiao in Genshin Impact
As Xiao being the main DPS character, weapons with Attack%, Crit rate, and Crit Damage would be a great addition to his abilities.
- Primordial Jade Winged-Spear (5*)
- Staff of Homa (5*)
- Crescent pike (4*)
- Deathmatch (4*)
All that being said, Xiao is a very fun character to play and master. He is also potent and very viable in the meta of Genshin Impact. However, always remember that the most important thing in Genshin Impact, or any game for that matter, is that the players have fun. No matter if they are meta slaving or being free with their decisions, there is no one correct way of playing a game as long as the player enjoys it.
What are your thoughts on this Genshin Impact Xiao Guide? Let us know in the comments below.
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Google News, Instagram, and Twitter for quick updates.
Any leaks on Xiao rerun ? I want him badly as i missed his banner the first time around.