The Railway system in Minecraft is a great way to travel faster and carry items easily. Minecraft is one of the best and arguably the most famous arcade game of all time. It is a sandbox construction video game developed by Mojang Studios. Gameplay involves players interacting with the game world by placing and breaking various types of blocks in a three-dimensional environment. In this environment, players can build creative structures, creations, and artwork on multiplayer servers and singleplayer worlds across multiple game modes. Players can build railway tracks and can place minecarts on those lines to start their own mine-train. Rails are non-solid blocks that provide a path along which minecarts can travel. In this article, we are going to discuss the ways to create a working railway system in Minecraft.
Equipment needed for creating railways in Minecraft
Essential equipment and components to create railways are discussed below
- Minecarts– These are the trains of the railway system. These carts will run on the tracks and carry the players and items.
- Rails– Basic rails on which your minecart will travel.
- Powered rails– These rails are activated by Redstone torches that will speed up your minecart and keep it moving. Powered rails that don’t have Redstone torches powering them will slow and eventually stop the minecart.
- Redstone torches– These Redstone torches are the primary power source for powered rails. Though these are not necessary for regular rails.
Recipes for making these items
In this section, we will be discussing the recipes of the aforementioned items-
Place iron ingots in this manner to create a minecart.
Place iron ingots and sticks in this manner to build rails.
Place gold ores, sticks, and Redstone in this manner to create powered rails Redstone torches
Place sticks and redstone in this manner to build redstone torches.
The process to create a railway system in Minecraft
Here comes the important part, in this section, we will discuss the process-
- Start putting basic rails in a straight formation.
- Place a powered rail after 5 basic rails.
- Keep a Redstone torch at the side of the powered rail to power it up.
- Place a solid block at the start and the end of the track, it will prevent the minecart to derail. Else you will have to build a new minecart.
- Place a lever at the start of the track and link it with the tracks using Redstones. It will help you to start the ride.
And that’s it! Your own Minecraft railway system is ready. Now you can travel and carry items a lot easier.
Did this guide help you to create a railway system in Minecraft? Let us know your opinions in the comments below!