Hisuian Avalugg is a very powerful Pokémon because of its high CP and the ability to be an offensive and defensive Pokémon. But it also has some weaknesses which prove to be an issue in certain situations. For example, it is very weak to Steel and Fighting types and weak to Grass, Ground, Rock, and Water. They do have very good damage when they attack and have a good moveset depending on what you choose. The damage also depends on whether you want your Hisuian Avalugg to be defensive or offensive. Here’s our Pokémon Go guide about the best counters for Hisuian Avalugg and movesets to defeat this Pokémon.
Hisuian Avalugg in Pokémon Go
Hisuian Avalugg is a dual Ice and Rock-type Pokémon that was first found in the Hisui region. A tier 3 raid boss with a CP of 21854 and its best raid counters include powerful Fighting and Steel types, as it is 4 times weak to them, along with Ground, Rock Grass, and Water types, with a mixed range of different counters available to help you defeat it.
Hisuian Avalugg Movesets
Hisuian Avalugg’s fast moves include Bite, Tackle, and Powder Snow while its Charge Moves include Rock Slide, Blizzard, and Crunch.
Best counters for Hisuian Avalugg in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of the best counters against Hisuian Avalugg in Pokémon Go.
- Blaziken (Mega): Counter/Focus Blast
- Lopunny (Mega): Low Kick/Focus Blast
- Aggron (Mega): Iron Tail/Heavy Slam
- Scizor (Mega): Bullet Punch/Iron Head
- Terrakion: Double Kick/Sacred Sword
- Keldeo (Ordinary): Low Kick/Sacred Sword
- Keldeo: Low Kick/Sacred Sword
- Alakazam (Mega): Counter/Focus Blast
- Metagross: Bullet Punch/Meteor Mash
- Lucario: Counter/Aura Sphere
- Steelix (Mega): Iron Tail/Heavy Slam
- Swampert (Mega): Mud Shot/Hydro Cannon
- Sceptile (Mega): Fury Cutter/Frenzy Plant
- Conkeldurr: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Dialga: Metal Claw/Iron Head
- Breloom: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Blastoise (Mega): Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Meloetta (Pirouette): Low Kick/Close Combat
- Zacian: Metal Claw/Iron Head
- Pheromosa: Low Kick/Focus Blast
- Cobalion: Double Kick/Sacred Sword
- Aerodactyl (Mega): Steel Wing/Iron Head
- Machamp: Karate Chop/Dynamic Punch
- Buzzwole: Counter/Superpower
- Gyarados (Mega): Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Zapdos (Galarian): Counter/Close Combat
- Blaziken: Counter/Focus Blast
- Genesect (Normal): Metal Claw/Magnet Bomb
- Genesect (Burn): Metal Claw/Magnet Bomb
- Genesect (Douse): Metal Claw/Magnet Bomb
- Gengar (Mega): Lick/Focus Blast
- Virizion: Double Kick/Sacred Sword
- Excadrill: Metal Claw/Iron Head
- Sirfetch’d: Counter/Close Combat
- Jirachi: Charge Beam/Doom Desire
While heading into this battle raid players must make sure to come up with all the strategies before the raid commences. Prepare a good combination of counters to take down this fearsome Pokémon.
What are your thoughts about our article on Hisuian Avalugg counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!