Cobalion is a Tier 5 raid boss which is a legendary Pokémon with a goat-like physique. It is mainly aqua blue in color with 4 dots on each side of its body. It has a spiky tail and white fur covering its neck. The head is black in color while the rest of the face is light blue. It is a relatively tough Pokémon to fight against and experienced players who’ll go in a group of four or three trainers will have a chance of defeating it. So in this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters to defeat Cobalion easily during raids.
Cobalion in Pokémon Go
Cobalion is a dual-type Steel and Fighting Pokémon with a maximum boss CP of 7920. It is vulnerable to Fire, Ground, and Fighting type counters which means even though fighting it is tough, a number of options for counters make it relatively easier for the players to stand a chance against Cobalion in raids.
The best moves from the moveset of Cobalion are Double Kick and Sacred Sword. Both have a combined DPS of 67 and are also the best combination of moves that can be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Some other decent attacks from its moveset include Zen Headbutt, Metal Claw, and Close Combat among other good options.
Best counters against Cobalion in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of the best counters that one can use against Cobalion and guarantee a win for themselves.
- Charizard (Mega Y): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Charizard (Mega X): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Houndoom (Mega): Fire Fang/Flamethrower
- Lopunny (Mega): Double Kick/Focus Blast
- Alakazam (Mega): Counter/Focus Blast
- Gengar (Mega): Shadow Claw/Focus Blast
- Terrakion: Double Kick/Sacred Sword
- Reshiram: Fire Fang/Overheat
- Darmanitan (Standard): Fire Fang/Overheat
- Chandelure: Fire Spin/Overheat
- Latios (Mega): Zen Headbutt/Psychic
- Pheromosa: Low Kick/Focus Blast
- Conkeldurr: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Banette (Mega): Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Blaziken: Counter/Blast Burn
- Moltres: Fire Spin/Overheat
- Entei: Fire Fang/Overheat
- Excadrill: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Heatran: Fire Spin/Flamethrower
- Landorus (Therian): Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Charizard: Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Blastoise (Mega): Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Manectric (Mega): Thunder Fang/Overheat
- Groudon: Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Garchomp: Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Emboar: Low Kick/Blast Burn
- Flareon: Fire Spin/Overheat
- Landorus (Incarnate): Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Machamp: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Breloom: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Rhyperior: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Zapdos (Galarian): Counter/Close Combat
- Landorus: Mud Shot/Earth Power
Cobalion has a wide variety of counters available against it but it doesn’t mean that it is a weak opponent at all. So players should tread lightly and choose the right Pokémons in their team with the right set of counters. Some good options to have in one’s team are Lucario, Chandelure, and Darmanitan among others.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Cobalion counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below