Tapu Lele is a Tier 5 legendary boss and has an inner body that is black in color with white markings around its eyes and torso. It has pink eyebrows and two long arms with pink wrists. The inside of its body is inside the lower, larger of its shell and the upper part of the shell is on its head. As it is a legendary Pokémon, players will need to be quite skilled against it and also have the right set of counters. So in this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters to defeat Tapu Lele with as much ease as possible.
Tapu Lele in Pokémon Go
Tapu Lele is a dual-type Psychic and Fairy Pokémon with a maximum boss CP of 3950. It is vulnerable to Ghost, Poison, and Steel-type attacks which gives a number of options for the players to keep in their team. Experienced players can defeat Tapu Lele with 3 to 4 trainers and newer players should go in teams of 6 players or higher.
Tapu Lele Movesets
The best moves from the moveset of Tapu Lele are Confusion and Future Sight. Both of them have a combined DPS of 68.3. It is also the best combination of moves that can be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Other decent attacks from its moveset include Astonish, Psyshock, and Moonblast among others.
Best counters against Tapu Lele in Pokémon Go
Here’s the list of the best counters that one can use against Tapu Lele and guarantee a win for themselves.
- Gengar (Mega): Lick/Shadow Ball
- Banette (Mega): Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Beedrill (Mega): Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Scizor (Mega): Bullet Punch/Iron Head
- Aggron (Mega): Iron Tail/Heavy Slam
- Alakazam (Mega): Psycho Cut/Shadow Ball
- Metagross: Bullet Punch/Meteor Mash
- Venusaur (Mega): Vine Whip/Sludge Bomb
- Charizard (Mega Y): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Steelix (Mega): Iron Tail/Heavy Slam
- Sceptile (Mega): Fury Cutter/Frenzy Plant
- Swampert (Mega): Mud Shot/Hydro Cannon
- Giratina (Origin): Shadow Claw/Shadow Force
- Nihilego: Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Hoopa (Unbound): Astonish/Shadow Ball
- Blaziken (Mega): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Chandelure: Hex/Shadow Ball
- Hoopa (Confined): Astonish/Shadow Ball
- Gengar: Shadow Claw/Sludge Bomb
- Aerodactyl (Mega): Steel Wing/Iron Head
- Pidegot (Mega): Steel Wing/Brave Bird
- Darkrai: Snarl/Shadow Ball
- Dialga: Metal Claw/Iron Head
- Houndoom (Mega): Fire Fang/Foul Play
- Zacian: Metal Claw/Iron Head
- Mewtwo: Psycho Cut/Shadow Ball
- Gyarados (Mega): Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Genesect (Normal): Metal Claw/Magnet Bomb
- Excadrill: Metal Claw/Iron Head
- Absol (Mega): Snarl/Payback
- Blastoise (Mega): Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Charizard (Mega X): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Genesect (Burn): Metal Claw/Magnet Bomb
- Geensect (Douse): Metal Claw/Magnet Bomb
- Overqwil: Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
As long players are using the right set of counters and have a backup with themselves in form of other teammates, they should face no issues defeating Tapu Lele even though it has a legendary status.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Tapu Lele counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Google News, Instagram, and Twitter for quick updates.