Marshtomp has a Tier 3 Raid Boss which is a bipedal amphibious Pokémon and resembles both a mudskipper and an axolotl. It’s turquoise in color with an orange belly and also has orange spikes on its cheeks. It has dark blue fins, one of them is sharply pointed while there are two rounded ones on its backside. It is one of the easiest Tier 3 available out there right now and one’s only concern should be to finish it quickly. So in this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters to defeat Marshtomp as quickly as possible.
Marshtomp in Pokémon Go
Marshtomp is a dual-type Water and Ground Pokémon and has a maximum CP of 2008. It is vulnerable towards against the best Grass type counters as it is their only weakness. But players need not worry as even though there is just one type of counter available, it is very effective against it. Seasoned players can easily solo this one while new players can do it too as long as they use the right counters.
The best moves from the moveset of Marshtomp are Water Gun and Surf. Both of them have a combined DPS of 57.9 and it is also the best combination of moves that can be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Other decent attacks from its moveset include Mud Shot, Mud Bomb, and Sludge.
Best counters against Marshtomp in Pokémon Go
Here’s the list of the best counters that one can use against Marshtomp and guarantee a win for themselves.
- Sceptile (Mega): Bullet Seed/Frenzy Plant
- Venusaur (Mega): Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant
- Kartana: Razor Leaf/Leaf Blade
- Abomasnow (Mega): Razor Leaf/Energy Ball
- Zarude: Vine Whip/Power Whip
- Latios (Mega): Dragon Breath/Solar Beam
- Roserade: Razor Leaf/Grass Knot
- Chesnaught: Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant
- Tangrowth: Vine Whip/Solar Beam
- Celebi: Magical Leaf/Leaf Storm
- Tapu Bulu: Bullet Seed/Solar Beam
- Breloom: Bullet Seed/Grass Knot
- Venusaur: Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant
- Sceptile: Bullet Seed/Frenzy Plant
- Exeggutor (Alola): Bullet Seed/Solar Beam
- Leafeon: Razor Leaf/Solar Beam
- Xurkitree: Spark/Power Whip
- Simisage: Vine Whip/Solar Beam
- Exeggutor: Bullet Seed/Solar Beam
- Torterra: Razor Leaf/Frenzy Plant
- Leavanny: Razor Leaf/Leaf Blade
- Victreebel: Razor Leaf/Solar Beam
- Shiftry: Razor Leaf/Leaf Blade
- Vileplume: Razor Leaf/Solar Beam
- Porygon-Z: Lock-On/Solar Beam
- Lurantis: Razor Leaf/Leaf Storm
- Meganium: Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant
- Decidueye: Vine Whip/Energy Ball
- Tangela: Vine Whip/Power Whip
- Carnivine: Vine Whip/Power Whip
- Genger (Mega): Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Serperior: Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant
- Maractus: Bullet Seed/Solar Beam
- Alakazam (Mega): Confusion/Psychic
- Solgaleo: Zen Headbutt/Solar Beam
Marshtomp’s counters won’t be of much use towards any Grass-type counters mentioned above except for Sludge. Other than that players can choose whichever Pokémon they want to and March towards an easy victory.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Marshtomp counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!