Mega Glalie is a Mega Raid boss which appears to have a levitating face that also has ice surrounding its dark face. In its Mega form, its mouth gets dislocated which is told to be because of the huge surge of energy because of its Mega evolution. It normally has black horns which get covered in ice and a third spike grows out of its forehead as an additional horn. It is quite a tough opponent to fight against and players will need to have a good plan to fight against it. In this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters to defeat Mega Glalie in battle raids with ease and minimal effort.
Mega Glalie in Pokémon Go
Mega Glalie is a pure Ice type Pokémon with a maximum boss CP of 3651. It is weak towards quite a lot of counter types such as Fire, Fighting, Rock, and Steel. So even though it is a tough opponent to fight against and even seasoned players will need to go against it in groups of 3 to 5 players, the huge variety of counter types provides them with an upper hand in the fight.
Mega Glalie Movesets
The best moves from the moveset of Mega Glalie are Frost Breath and Avalanche. Both have a combined DPS of 53.3 and are also the best combination of moves that can be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Other decent attacks from its moveset include Ice Shard, Shadow Ball, and Gyro Ball.
Best counters against Mega Glalie in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of the best counters that one can use against Mega Glalie and guarantee a win for themselves.
- Charizard (Mega Y): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Houndoom (Mega): Fire Fang/Fire Blast
- Charizard (Mega X): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Aerodactyl (Mega): Rock Throw/Rock Slide
- Lopunny (Mega): Double Kick/Focus Blast
- Scizor (Mega): Bullet Punch/Iron Head
- Aggron (Mega): Iron Tail/Heavy Slam
- Alakazam (Mega): Counter/Psychic
- Terrakion: Double Kick/Sacred Sword
- Keldeo (Ordinary): Low Kick/Sacred Sword
- Keldeo: Low Kick/Sacred Sword
- Reshiram: Fire Fang/Overheat
- Gengar (Mega): Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Metagross: Bullet Punch/Meteor Mash
- Steelix (Mega): Iron Tail/Heavy Slam
- Lucario: Counter/Aura Sphere
- Darmanitan (Standard): Fire Fang/Overheat
- Darmanitan: Fire Fang/Overheat
- Chandelure: Fire Spin/Overheat
- Rampardos: Smack Down/Rock Slide
- Emboar: Low Kick/Blast Burn
- Pidgeot (Mega): Steel Wing/Brave Bird
- Latios (Mega): Dragon Breath/Psychic
- Blaziken: Counter/Blast Burn
- Heatran: Fire Spin/Flamethrower
- Entei: Fire Spin/Overheat
- Conkeldurr: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Dialga: Metal Claw/Iron Head
Mega Glalie is a strong Mega raid boss but it wouldn’t be too hard for experienced players to fight against it as long as they go in groups and with the right set of counters. New players should not try to be too heroic unless they are completely sure that they can defeat it.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Mega Glalie counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below