Pineco is a Bug-type Pokémon and lives on tree branches by attaching themselves to the branches using a sticky fluid they produce from their body. Multiple Pinecos are known to live on the same tree and if they are disturbed, they Ignite themselves and explode sending bark casings everywhere like projectile objects to defend themselves and their neighbors on the tree. It is weak against quite some different types of moves. We will discuss the best possible raid counters and movesets to defeat Pineco in Pokémon Go to finish the raid quickly and without any problem.
Pineco in Pokémon Go
Pineco is a Bug-type Pokémon which makes it weak towards Fire, Flying, and Rock-type attacks. It has a max CP of 1108 and it’s not much of a strong Pokémon. It is a Tier 1 boss which means it is very easy to beat it and players don’t even need to use the very best counters against it to achieve victory, almost any counter would be successful against it.
The best movesets for Pineco are Bug Bite and Return and both of them have a combined DPS of 62. It is the best combination to fight in PvP battles and Pokémon gyms. It’s a relatively weak Pokémon so players are recommended to not waste their resources by powering up this Pokémon.
Best counters against Pineco in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of counters that one can use against Pineco and guarantee themselves a win.
- Moltres: Wing Attack/Overheat
- Darmanitan: Fire Fang/ Overheat
- Reshiram: Fire Fang/Stone Edge
- Flareon: Ember/Overheat
- Ho-Oh: Incinerate/Brave Bird
- Darmanitan (Standard): Fire Fang/Overheat
- Tornadus: Air Slash/Hurricane
- Tornadus(Incarnate): Air Slash/Hurricane
- Blaziken: Fire Spin/Overheat
- Rayquaza: Air Slash/Hurricane
- Honchkrow: Peck/Sky Attack
- Entei: Fire Fang/Overheat
- Pyroar: Fire Fang/Overheat
- Chandelure: Fire Spin/ Overheat
- Rampardos: Smack Down/Rock Slide
- Charizard: Fire Spin/Overheat
- Braviary: Air Slash/Brave Bird
- Magmortar: Fire Spin/Fire Blast
- Delphox: Fire Spin/Fire Blast
- Arcanine: Fire Fang/Fire Blast
- Heatran: Fire Spin/Fire Blast
- Tornadus(Therian): Gust/Hurricane
- Yveltal: Gust/Hurricane
- Houndoom: Fire Fang/Fire Blast
- Tyranitar: Smack Down/Stone Edge
- Salamence: Fire Fang/ Fire Blast
- Unfezant: Air Slash/Sky Attack
- Lycanroc(Midday): Rock Throw/Stone Edge
- Lycanroc: Rock Throw/ Stone Edge
- Rhyperior: Smack Down/Stone Edge
- Incineroar: Fire Fang/Fire Blast
- Lycanroc (Dusk): Rock Throw/Stone Edge
- Typhlosion: Incinerate/Overheat
- Archeops: Wing Attack/Ancient Power
Pineco has plenty of counters which the players can use but even if they have any of the Pokémon listed above, they can still use any Pokémon capable of dealing neutral damage or others capable of dealing in super effective damages such as Flareon or they can use any other heavy hitting Megas too.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Pineco counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!