Quilladin is a Tier 4 raid boss who looks like a porcupine. It has two layers of colors, one being green and can be seen on the top of his body while the other being brown which can be seen below his waist. Its ears, nose, and tail are all orange in color and it also has spikes that are very sturdy and can be used to hurt its opponents. It’s a special-tier boss and shouldn’t be taken lightly at all as players need to be very careful while fighting against it. In this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters to defeat Quilladin in the best way possible.
Quilladin in Pokémon Go
Quilladin is a Grass-type Pokémon with a maximum boss CP of 19973. It is vulnerable to quite a several attack types such as Flying, Poison, Bug, Fire, and Ice. The battle raids against it can only participate by using in-person raid passes. It is a very serious opponent and even experienced players shouldn’t go alone for fighting it as they stand a better chance by teaming up with another player of their caliber while new players should go in teams of 3 or 5 people to ensure their victory.
The best moves from the moveset of Quilladin are Vine Whip and Energy Ball. Both of them have a combined DPS of 41.7. It is also the best combination of moves that can be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Other decent attacks from its moveset include Body Slam, Low Kick, and Gyro Ball.
Best counters against Quilladin in Pokémon Go
Here’s the list of the best counters that one can use against Quilladin and guarantee a win for themselves.
- Blaziken (Mega): Fire/Blast Burn
- Charizard (Mega Y): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Gengar (Mega): Lick/Sludge Bomb
- Charizard (Mega X): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Beedrill (Mega): Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Pidgeot (Mega): Wing Attack/Brave Bird
- Houndoom (Mega): Fire Fang/Flamethrower
- Scizor (Mega): Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
- Glalie (Mega): Frost Breath/Avalanche
- Reshiram: Fire Fang/Overheat
- Abomasnow (Mega): Powder Snow/Weather Ball
- Chandelure: Fire Spin/Overheat
- Alakazam (Mega): Confusion/Psychic
- Banette (Mega): Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Pheromosa: Bug Bite/Bug Buzz
- Moltres: Fire Spin/Sky Attack
- Darmanitan: Fire Fang/Overheat
- Latios (Mega): Dragon Breath/Psychic
- Darmanitan (Standard): Fire Fang/Overheat
- Ho-Oh: Incinerate/Brave Bird
- Rayquaza: Air Slash/Hurricane
- Nihilego: Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Entei: Fire Fang/Overheat
- Heatran: Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Blaziken: Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Venusaur (Mega): Vine Whip/Sludge Bomb
Quilladin is a tough opponent to fight against and players will need to carry their strongest Pokémon with just the perfect counters. It is also a limited-time raid boss which will be available for Community and taking part in these raids will make Chespin appear around the gym in more numbers.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Quilladin counters in Pokémon GO? Let us know in the comments below