Raticate is a Tier 3 Raid Boss which is a predator and has vicious features to support that cause. It has large teeth which grow throughout its life along with fangs that are so tough that they can break through the concrete itself. It also has long whiskers along with a long tail. It is a decent enough opponent and players will need the right counters to fight against it. So in this Pokémon GO guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters to defeat Raticate with ease and quickly during raids.
Raticate in Pokémon Go
Raticate is a Normal type Pokémon with a maximum CP of 13104 and is vulnerable towards Fighting type counters. Its high amount of CP and less variation in counters makes it a pretty tough opponent to fight against. That’s why players with experience can fight against it solo if they have the right counters but new players will need to go in groups of 2 or 3 trainers even if they have all the right counters to ensure their victory completely.
The best moves from the moveset of Raticate are Quick Attack and Hyper Beam. Both of them have a combined DPS of 59.4 and it is also the best combination of attacks that can be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Other decent attacks from its moveset include Bite, Hyper Fang, and Dig.
Best counters against Raticate in Pokémon Go
Here’s the list of the best counters that one can use against Raticate and guarantee a win for themselves.
- Blaziken (Mega): Counter/Blast Burn
- Alakazam (Mega): Counter/Psychic
- Pheromosa: Low Kick/Close Combat
- Terrakion: Double Kick/Sacred Sword
- Lopunny (Mega): Double Kick/Focus Blast
- Pidgeot (Mega): Double Kick/Focus Blast
- Sceptile (Mega): Fury Cutter/Frenzy Plant
- Charizard (Mega Y): Wing Attack/Overheat
- Beedrill (Mega): Bug Bite/Sludge Bomb
- Manectric (Mega): Thunder Fang/Wild Charge
- Machamp: Karate Chop/Dynamic Punch
- Latios (Mega): Zen Headbutt/Luster Purge
- Zapdos (Galarian): Counter/Close Combat
- Swampert (Mega): Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Absol (Mega): Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Lucario: Counter/Close Combat
- Blastoise (Mega): Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Keldeo (Ordinary): Low Kick/Sacred Sword
- Heracross: Counter/Close Combat
- Keldeo: Low Kick/Sacred Sword
- Ampharos (Mega): Volt Switch/Focus Blast
- Venusaur (Mega): Vine Whip/Solar Beam
- Gyarados (Mega): Bite/Hydro Pump
- Charizard (Mega X): Ember/Overheat
- Latias (Mega): Dragon Breath/Mist Ball
- Blaziken: Counter/Focus Blast
- Sneasler: Rock Smash/Close Combat
- Toxicroak: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Houndoom (Mega): Fire Fang/Foul Play
- Alakazam: Counter/Focus Blast
- Conkeldurr: Counter/Focus Blast
- Emboar: Low Kick/Focus Blast
- Meloetta (Pirouette): Low Kick/Close Combat
Players should try to have their strongest Fighting-type Pokémons in their team as they are the only type that can truly overpower Raticate as it is a Normal type Pokémon. Some of the Pokémons that one should try to include in their team are Pheromosa, Terrakion, and Ampharos among many other good options.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Raticate counters in Pokémon GO? Let us know in the comments below