Rainbow Story is a cute 2D style AFK MMORPG where you can cooperate with friends of multiple classes, explore the land of Tyre, team up to challenge the lord, and turn the tide of breathtaking battles with your clan. You can also build a warm community with your friends in-game! Trustworthy pets and mounts to keep you company on your relaxing adventures. This Rainbow Story beginners guide will help if you are still a newbie or if you want to start playing the game.
Understanding the basics of Rainbow Story
Creating your character
When you first launch the game, you will be presented with character customization. You must first pick your class in which there are 3 choices. They are Mage (Uses the Staff), Swordsman (Uses the Greatsword), and Archer (Uses the Bow). You can also choose your gender, hairstyle, hair color, and make-up according to your preferences.
The main part of the game. You can do the main quests, daily quests, side quests, and many other quests to earn a lot of rewards such as experience, materials, new equipment, and many other kinds of rewards.
Rainbow Story presented 10 different kinds of equipment that you can use for your character in the game. They are Weapon, Helmet, Armor, Necklace, Belt, Ring, Jewel, Relic, Bracers, and Boots. Equipment can generally be enhanced by consuming Enhance Stones.
They also come in different ranks, with each having its own color and prefixes (The highest rank has a different prefix for each class). From the lowest, they are :
- Grey : Adventurer
- Green : Adventurer
- Blue : Ethereal
- Purple : Vigilante
- Orange : Magister’s (Mage), Knight’s (Swordsman), and Warden (Archer)
It is a function that you can activate to let the AI automatically move your character and attacks enemies for you. Definitely, a super useful function that can help you get to rise up quickly in the game.
Mounts are creatures that you can ride that will ease your travels into another part of the world. There are 2 kinds of mounts, normal and special. Currently, the normal type has only one mount that you can choose, which is the Domestic Pig. However, there are several special mounts that you can unlock through rewards, payments, or events.
Each of the special mounts also has its own unique skill. They are :
- Whale : Assault Tempo, Increase Attack
- Mangy Dog : Holy Bath, Increase Healing Effect
- Black Panther : Swift Run, Increase Movement Speed
- Doge God : Blessing, will get a 10% of getting 50% more EXP when killing them.
- Alpaca : Deadly Tempo, Increase Deadly Strike Chance and Attack
- Adamantite Tiger : Raging Tempo, Increase Raging Blow Chance and Attack
- Blue Moon Tiger : Skill Reflect, have chance to silence the attacker when receiving damange
- Star-killing Scorpion : Weaken, have chance for attacks to cause Powerless on target
- Bone Rex : Redemption, Gain damage reduction when receiving a debuff
- Traveling Frog : Cleanse, have change for attacks to remove an enemy buff
- Polar Penguin : Thorns, have chance to reflect crititical damage.
- Astral Beast : Fight Harder, Increase damage for each monster killed
- Intercontinental Missle : Holy Blessing, Gain a stack of Bonus EXP after killing a monster
- Harley Motorcycle : Reset, have chance to immediately refresh ability cooldown.
- Golden Chick : Fierce Attack, Increase attack damage when carrying a buff
- Flying Dragon : Divine Shield, Gain one shielded stack each time damage is taken.
- Sparkling Dragon : Reborn, Revive on the sport and recover some HP
- Fantastical Butterfly : Butterfly Dance, Increase Movement Speed
- Elk Sleigh : Back in Time, Convert damage received into HP recovery when HP drops below 50%
- Three-tailed Fox : Bully, Increase Crit damage when attacking enemies with 50% or less HP
- White Rabbit Moon Chariot : Moon Power, Each Attack will increase damage
- Carp Streamer : Dying Instinct, Increase Dodge when HP goes below 20%
- Ice Wolf : Exploiting Weakness, The next attack ignores enemy Defense after evading an enemy attack.
Pets are companions that you can equip that will accompany you in fighting enemies. They have different ranks, the higher their rank the more powerful they will become. The ranks from the lowest are B, A, S, SS, and SSS. You can summon new ones in the Recruit section by using Pet Recruiting Ticket or Shells.
Your character also has a rank system, starting from the lowest rank and being able to go higher as you finish your qualifications. Rainbow Story has quite a long range of rank you can rise into, and from the lowest rank, they are Newbie, Beginner, Skirmisher, Mercenary, Warden, Adept, Elite, Courageous, Distinguished, Glory, Specialist, Master, Champion, Grandmaster, Baron, Challenger, Legend, Warlord, Maker, Mythical, Immortal, Demogorgon, Celestial, and lastly Astral. The higher your rank, the higher your increased bonus stats will become.
Artifacts are items that are permanently equipped to your character from the start of the game that will increase your stats by spending different kinds of Source Orbs. There are currently 4 artifacts present in the game with each being able to activate different kinds of abilities, they are :
- Cup of Life : Can increase HP and Defense by spending Source of Life. Their abilities are generally called Grail.
- Shield of Blocking : Can increase Block, Block Recovery, and Block Damage Mitigation percentage by spending Source of Block. Their abilities are generally called Aegis.
- Bow of Damange : Can increase Minimum Attack, Maximum Attack, and Fixed Bonus Damage by spending Source of Damage. Their abilities are generally called Eternal.
- Blade of Rage : Can increase Raging Blow Chance percentage and Raging Damage by spending Source of Rage. Their abilities are generally called Chaos.
You can battle against other players in the Arena. You want to make sure you battle players that have a significantly lower CP than you in order to manage a win.
In the EXP Den, you can battle enemies for a certain number of minutes in exchange for rewards that are mainly experienced. The better you perform in the battle (such as how powerful is your attack damage), the higher the rewards will be.
You can hire miners to dig for certain materials for a certain period of time. Examples of materials they can mine are the Enhance Stones.
There are mainly 3 main currencies that you can use to buy items and other stuff in Rainbow Story. They are Honor Points, Pearls, and Shell. For Honor Points and Pearls can mainly be acquired through farming Bosses. While Shells can rarely be obtained for free through email because of events. But of course, you can also buy Shells will real-world currency.
Bosses are huge enemies that have a lot of health that you can battle in order to get rewards and finish quests. There are quite different kinds of Boss battles, such as VIP Boss, Field Boss, and the Mayan Temple.
You can join a clan to be in a group with other players. The player can assist them in battles and they also can do the same. You can also buy items in the Clan Shop, fight Clan Bosses, and explore the Clan Realm.
You can buy all kinds of items and materials using your Pearls. Stuff that you can buy for example is Angels, Spirits, and Mounts.
Rainbow Story Beginners Guide: Tips and Tricks
Here are some of our tips in our Rainbow Story Beginners Guide to help you, newbies, to kickstart your journey.
1. Using the automation
If you want to easily and quickly get far into the game, then you will need to activate the automation function. You will be guaranteed to go beyond the level of 80 in under an hour if you activate automation.
2. Focus on clearing the main quests
With the main quests giving you a lot of rewards and certain features that can only be unlocked once you progress enough, you should focus on clearing the main quests first. Later when the quest becomes harder (as you are tasked to complete farming tasks), you can divert your attention to something else.
3. Joining a clan
Lastly, don’t forget to join a clan with active members. Since you can’t always win against Bosses, your fellow clan members (especially those with high CP) can help you clear them. You will also get other benefits depending on your status on the Clan so don’t forget to join one.
That’s all for today’s Rainbow Story beginners guide. Did you find our Rainbow Story beginners guide helpful? Do let us know in the comments!