Vahn’s Quest, the most recent offering by game dev Super Planet, is now officially out on both iOS and Android. The game is an idle RPG game. It offers players a lot of options on how to play, what pace to play at, and so forth. With a vast collection of heroes that the players can take into battle, it is filled with a lot of things to do. In this beginners guide, we are going to take a look at the basic gameplay and tips of Vahn’s Quest, and help new players get a headstart.
Introducing the basics of Vahn’s Quest
The story of this game is set in the Republic of Trinity. This Republic is a sanctuary for saints and the people here are kind, good people. They live their lives in quiet peace. But, this peace wasn’t to remain for long. One of the ministers of the church, Father Demtoy, opened the gates of Hell so he could get rich and gain glory. The village was thrown into chaos until the Grave Keeper Knights stepped in.
They swore to protect their village and set out on a journey to obtain the legendary Vereth’s Sword, the only weapon that can overpower Father Demtoy. The gameplay has one main element: Infinite Growth. This means that the main character can never die. This fits the gameplay since it is an idle game. Even when the game is closed, our hero continues his journey to get stronger and faces great foes.
There are a variety of characters in Vahn’s Quest. These are all collectible characters. They are divided into different classes: Tanks, Ranged Fighters, and Melee Fighters/Brawlers. The tanks, as the name suggests, are characters with higher Health than the other classes. The Ranged Fighters stay in the back line and shoot enemies on sight. The melee fighters are the ones we start with, and they are a well-rounded bunch. They deal enough damage to slay enemies, while also being decently durable.
The characters mentioned above, as said before, are collectible. These characters are divided into 3 categories: 3-star, 4-star, and 5-star characters. They can be collected through summons. The summons can in turn be used in the form of Summoning Tickets. If we don’t have summoning tickets, we can use the premium currency of the games for summoning the characters.
The characters we summon can equip a variety of equipment. Ranging from gloves, jackets, shields, swords, and such. This equipment is useful to strengthen our characters and to ensure they progress without losing a lot of steam. Since Vahn’s Quest, is an endless RPG, having strong equipment plays a very vital role.
In this game, events are aplenty. AT any given time, we can find at least one ongoing event. This is helpful to new players, as it also involves a Beginners Event. This event awards new players with crafting materials, equipment, and even a little bit of premium currency.
Equipment in this game can also be crafted. Though new players can get enough for the first few stages through the beginner’s rewards, crafting becomes an essential part of the gameplay further on. Along with crafting, we can also dismantle the crafted equipment. This will grant us the spare parts that we can use to crat the equipment we require.
Dungeons are the random element of the game. Entering a dungeon requires keys, and the best way to get them is to clear stages. There are different types of stages that are part of the dungeon:
- Boss Dungeon
- Treasure Dungeon
- Relic Dungeon
- Daily Dungeon
Understanding the in-game Resources and Accessories
The currency and resources of Vahn’s Quest consist of the following:
- Gold: Gold is the primary currency of Vahn’s Quest. It is used to purchase wood, and to upgrade our characters. We can collect Gold through the “Gold Wagon” at the bottom right of the screen. As our idle gameplay progresses, we keep on collecting Gold, and it is stored in the Gold Wagon.
- Gems: Gems are the game’s premium currency. The main purpose of the gems is to help summon rarer heroes, and we can also buy rarer summons from the shop with gems.
- Keys: Keys are mainly obtained by clearing out Boss stages. These keys are useful for getting into dungeons.
- Knight Coins: Knight Coins are used to benefit the party of our fighters.
- Wood: Wood/lumber is used for upgrading our Gold Wagon. That is the only resource that can upgrade the wagon, and increase its gold-holding capacity.
Vahn’s Quest Beginners Guide: Tips and Tricks
Here are some of our tips in our Vahn’s Quest Beginners Guide to help you, newbies, to kickstart your journey.
- Once the game starts, check in regularly to fill up your Gold count.
- The Gold Wagon should be upgraded regularly, and the wood required for it goes on increasing as its levels increase in number.
- Never leave your party completely unattended.
- Though your party members cannot die, they have to be fitted with new equipment regularly to make sure they are defeating as many monsters as possible.
- When entering the Dungeons, make sure you’re fully prepared so that the threats in there are easy to take down.
- Since it is an idle RPG, you do not have to worry about endgame content as a beginner. Just jump in and play to your heart’s content!
So go ahead and give it a try! If you find trouble, don’t hesitate to fall back on this Vahn’s Quest beginners guide for tips.
That’s all from us for the Vahn’s Quest Beginners Guide! Did you find our Vahn’s Quest beginners guide helpful? Do let us know in the comments!