Rec Room, the top platform for virtual worlds, games, and user-generated content, unveiled significant news and accomplishments during the keynote speech that opened its cherished virtual event, Rec Con 2022. Co-founder and CCO Cameron Brown, commonly known as Gribbly, gave the opening remarks and reaffirmed Rec Room’s continuous dedication to creating a friendly environment for varied groups of players and creators to interact, play, and collaborate.
Rec Room Studio, which will put top-notch visuals and animations at the fingertips of the creator community, was also unveiled by the firm. Rec Room, which celebrates the rise of the community, creators, and the platform, is also now directly downloadable on PC.
Rec Room announced the Rec Room Studio during the Rec Con 2022
Rec Room Studio is a Unity-based feature set that gives artists brand-new, potent creation tools to design and distribute rooms using the Unity Editor’s capabilities. Built-in collaboration with Unity, developers can easily add items and components to pre-existing rooms as well as make and share their own custom textures, animations, and other elements.
The Maker Pen allows for collaborative editing of Rec Room Studio projects with other players, making the use of expert tools to produce high-quality material even simpler. Anyone interested in checking out the early private beta program for Rec Room Studio can sign up for further information. Milestone highlights for Rec Room include:
- In the last six years, Rec Room has welcomed more than 82M lifetime users to the platform, creating, sharing, and playing games and other digital experiences.
- Creators have built more rooms in Rec Room than apps on the iOS App Store.
- Players have been supporting more and more user-generated content with $1M paid out to creators by Rec Room in the first quarter of 2022.
- This year’s Rec Con will house panels, events, giveaways, and more than 300 activity booths throughout the weekend for creators and players.
Rec Room brings Rec Room Original experience during the Rec Con 2022
The next Rec Room Original game, a cooperative multiplayer adventure in which four survivors band together to thwart a player-controlled monster and flee its perilous lair, was also teased by Rec Room. The upcoming Rec Room Original presents the neighborhood with brand-new difficulties as well as plenty of territories to explore and incentives to earn. We’ll shortly provide more information about the gameplay. Through September 25, Rec Con will host a range of interactive events all weekend, featuring:
- Void Resonance featuring Mithlox and Masix, an intergalactic musical performance
- Multidimensional Sentient Living Organisms featuring HTB, an abstract experience featuring a custom chill house mix
- Into the Retroverse featuring Angle, a retro roller cage party
- Talks, panels, workshops, and more
- Ink Showcase, a collection of upcoming rooms in Rec Room
- Special appearances by YouTube and TikTok creators including Nathie, Vbunny Go, Boethiah, Gecko VR, and Soul Fox Gaming.
The Haunt Society and Rec Room will bring players the frights and chills of the season starting next month, including a virtual showing of the found-footage horror movie The House October Built and the first virtual haunted house ever approved by the Haunt Society, which is only accessible through Rec Room.
Are you excited as Rec Room reveals major updates during the Rec Con 2022 Let us know in the comments below!
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Google News, Instagram, and Twitter for quick updates.