In the 3.3 Version update, Genshin Impact gives us another Interlude chapter after following the events of the Sumeru Archon Quest ACT V where the story concluded on a bittersweet note with Lesser Lord Kusanali and the people of Sumeru. This Interlude quest follows The Balladeeraka Scaramouche, the known Sixth of the Fatui Harbinger and his story of redemption and self-development is now calling himself the ‘Wanderer’. In this Genshin Impact Archon Quest Interlude ACT III Inversion of Genesis guide, we will be providing a direct Walkthrough of the quest along with an analysis and review of the storyline.
How to Unlock and Complete the Archon Quest Interlude Act III “Inversion of Genesis” in Genshin Impact
In order to unlock and have access to the new Archon Quest Interlude chapter, players must:
- Have to be at Adventure Rank (AR) 40 or above
- Completed the previous Archon Quest ACT V “Kasha Pulses, the Kalpa Flame Rises”
- Completed Kaedehara Kazuha’s Story Quest ACT I “A Strange and Friendless Road”
Genshin Impact Archon Quest Interlude ACT III Guide: Quest Walkthrough
Part I: The Night Bird Falls at the Curtain’s Call
Synopsis: In order to look for more information about your sibling, you and Paimon decide to visit Nahida in the Sanctuary of Surasthana once more. Along the way, you hear people discussing something.
- Go to the Sanctuary of Surasthana which is located in Sumeru City in Sumeru.
- Once you head towards the area you will enter a cut scene where two scholars are talking. Talk and interact with the scholars by the place.
- After talking to the Scholars you will notice a familiar figure heading to the entrance of the Sanctuary of Surasthana. Follow the figure you just saw to that location.
- Once you head inside the Sanctuary of Surasthana you will encounter Nahida. Go and talk to Nahida about the situation you just witnessed.
- As Nahida explains her situation, The Balladeer will interject and show himself. Talk to The Balladeer and listen to his explanation.
- Nahida will then instruct you to follow the Balladeer and keep an eye on him in the Irminsul. Once you reach inside Irminsul go and follow the Balladeer.
- Exploring the Irminsul will eventually lead you and the Balladeer to the heart of Irminsul. Continue to tread along the path with the Balladeer to reach the tree of Irminsul.
Once you reach the heart of Irminsul, Investigate the fragments of information from the Irminsul. The Balladeer will now reach into Irminsul to find the right information Nahida instructed him to find.
- As he does his own investigating inside the Irminsul, go and waits for a while.
- The Balladeer is struck with some unpleasant memories. He will then try to cut off Nahida’s communication. Talk to The Balladeer about the situation.
- After the Balladeer briefly discusses with you, he will then leave to the Irminsul and try to erase himself from existence.
- Discuss and explain the situation with Paimon and Nahida about what happened. Nahida will then instruct you to leave Irminsul as she will now try to stop the Balladeer’s plans.
- After leaving Irminsul abruptly, talk to Paimon. Both you and Paimon eventually drift to sleep.
- When you wake up, it seems as though Paimon does not remember the existence of the Balladeer which makes you think if the whole world truly forgot about him. You then head out to look for The Balladeer.
Part I Quest Rewards
- Adventure EXP x 1000
- Mora x 44,000
- Hero’s Wit x 4
- Mystic Enhancement Ore x 8
Part II: A Dance of Destruction
Synopsis: The Balladeer has caused a series of unexpected consequences within Irminsul, and you’re the only one aware of that. In order to ascertain the situation, you head off to Inazuma.
- Go teleport to Inazuma City at Inazuma to talk to Amenoma Tougo recalling the events regarding the Kabukimono.
- Afterward, go to the Yashiro Commission and talk to one of the soldiers guarding the place.
- Lastly, go to Tatarasuna to look for any clues regarding the events that happened in Tatarasuna.
- You will then meet Xavier. Go and talk to Xavier and recall the events.
Part II Quest Rewards
- Adventure EXP x 500
- Mora x 22,000
- Hero’s Wit x 2
- Mystic Enhancement Ore x 4
Part III: The Kabukimono’s Finale
Synopsis: The information you gathered left you with a heavy heart. You decide to return to the Sanctuary of Surasthana and tell Nahida about everything you learned.
- Return to the Sanctuary of Surasthana back at Sumeru City and talk to Nahida about the situation.
- As Nahida also forgot about the Balladeer, she brings out a Fairytale that she stored. Decode Nahida’s fairy tale.
- All of this information takes a toll on you, so you then take a walk around the Grand Bazaar to clear your head as suggested by Paimon and Nahida.
- You find the Balladeer only this time he refers to himself as the Wanderer and has no recollection of his memories. Follow this person to the Grocery Stall and listen to the conversation.
- As you confront the Wanderer and explain the situation to him, take him along to the Sanctuary of Surasthana and talk to Nahida about the situation.
- Nahida will then show a memory that she stored of the Balladeer. Go and enter the memory with the Wanderer.
- Examine the environment and continue exploring the memory. Keep encountering new memories and find the opponents as you go along.
- Continue exploring the Balladeer’s memories till you encounter his God form. A cut scene will take place where you play as the Wanderer to defeat himself.
- Afterward, talk to the Wanderer and leave the memory
Part III Quest Rewards
- Adventure EXP x 1125
- Mora x 49,200
- Hero’s Wit x 5
- Mystic Enhancement Ore x 9
Part IV: As Though Morning Dew
Synopsis: The puppet has given up his original name. Just as the title “Wanderer” suggests, he has truly become a person with no name.
- After leaving the memory you will then be transported back to the Sanctuary of Surasthana where you talk to Nahida recalling all the events that transpired.
- The Balladeer, who is referred to as the ‘Wanderer’ asks you to give him a new name.
- Talk to Nahida after naming him.
- As the Wanderer leaves, you shortly leave the place and encounter the previous Scholars. Listen in on the scholars’ conversation.
- Finally, you return to your resting place where a voice suddenly talks to you strangely.
Part IV Quest Rewards
- Primogems x 60
- Adventure EXP x 500
- Mora x 22,000
- Hero’s Wit x 2
- Mystic Enhancement Ore x 4
- Guide to Praxis x 5
- An Appellative Stroke x1
Genshin Impact Archon Quest Interlude ACT III “Inversion of Genesis”: In-Depth Review and Discussion
Wanderer has come a long way in his development where he went from the main antagonist in the recent Archon quests to a neutral ally of sorts in this new Interlude chapter. Although his redemption has long been hinted at since the early Sumeru quests, it does not feel satisfying to witness it during the Interlude chapter.
Hoyoverse, when it comes to villains, fails to properly redeem them and does not commit to their villain tendencies due to making their playable characters. Wanderer has faced a similar situation of bad writing during this Interlude quest.
Wanderer’s Redemption: Poor Writing Choices
Ever since the game introduced the concept of erasing memories and the existence of people in Irminsul, they seem to use that plot point to ‘redeem’ the Wanderer in this quest. The Wanderer erases his mere existence where ‘the Balladeer’ ‘Scaramouche’ and ‘Kabukimono’ does not exist.
As a result, the events in the game have drastically changed and new memories were produced and altered to fill in the gaps in the story. The Wanderer faces no consequences or repercussions for his actions back when he was the Balladeer. In fact, it seems as though Hoyoverse narrated the story in a way to blame it all on II Dottore as the main perpetrator and victimize the Wanderer, justifying all of his actions.
Wanderer himself loses his own memories of his past self but then gets them back afterward. He does not seem to have changed that much and eventually leaves the Sanctuary of Surasthana after his memories are back. All in all the story felt flat and underwhelming after months of hype about his character. Although his receiving his Anemo Vision was an interesting sequence.
It seems as though the Wanderer’s story is far from being finished and there seems to be hope for future encounters with him especially his involvement with taking revenge on II Dottore. Even though the Interlude was a mess of bad writing choices, the ending of the story with the mysterious voice and her analogy of time and space was intriguing enough to anticipate the future storyline.
What are your thoughts on our Genshin Impact Archon Quest Interlude ACT III ”Inversion of Genesis” Guide? Let us know in the comments below.