Genshin Impact recently launched the highly anticipated Inazuma update. With this patch, miHoYo has introduced various mechanics and gadgets in Genshin Impact, one of which is the new crafting mechanic called Mystic Offerings that lets travelers craft an Artifact Strongbox.
The crafting system in Genshin Impact is very important. It allows players to improve their character’s potential by upgrading them and their equipment in addition to tools for easing exploration. With the new Mystic Offerings, players can now obtain 5-star artifacts apart from the artifact and trounce domains. This new system is very different from the existing ones.
Artifact Strongboxes can be created through Mystic Offerings. It is unlocked at AR 45. Players need to sacrifice three 5-star artifacts to obtain one artifact. The four currently available artifacts for conversion are Wanderer’s Troupe, Gladiator’s Finale, Noblesse Oblige, and Bloodstained Chivalry. There is a lot of skepticism around this mechanic, which we will clear in this article while providing pros and cons.
How To Convert Artifacts
Here is a step-by-step procedure on how to convert your artifacts into the Artifact Strongbox
- Head to the crafting table.
- Go to the third menu / the bottom most section/
- Select an artifact strongbox.
- Choose 5 star artifacts to sacrifice.
Pros of the Artifact Strongbox
The first thing that comes to mind is that the Artifact Strongbox is not good, since you need to provide 3 artifacts in exchange for getting 1 artifact. While this may sound bad at first, players need to understand that there are a lot of bad artifacts sitting in the inventory that is not worth leveling. Using these artifacts to get a chance of getting a new artifact will be a better bet than using them for fodder. Acquiring artifacts of the type that you need can be a headache sometimes.
- Grinding for Crimson Witch of Flames for weeks only to get Lavawalker can lead to head-scratching moments. This is where the Strongbox comes in handy as you can get your desired artifact types. We hope that miHoYo will release more artifact sets in the future to make this feature more useful.
- Gladiator’s Finale and Wanderer’s Troupe artifacts are obtainable only through Quests.
- Artifact Reliquary is obtained from Spiral Abyss, and defeating bosses. These bosses require extra resin compared to grindable domains. The Mystic Offerings allows players to trade unwanted 5-star Artifacts for a more desired type and provides a good value if players are farming for Wanderers or Gladiators.
- With the addition of Shimenawa set, Gladiators has lost its value as Shimenawa has the same two-piece effect and is grindable in Inazuma. Wanderers set still holds its value.
- Noblesse Oblige is a versatile set that is used by multiple characters in the game. While building support for the two teams, two characters ideally need the 4 piece bonus. Therefore, this highly contested set can be acquired using the Artifact Strongbox.
As players approach the endgame, the Artifact Strongbox starts providing more value as players would have a plethora of bad artifacts to use. Players that are still building teams should refrain from using this system. The artifacts that are rewarded in domains have similar distribution as the Artifact strongbox.
Therefore, one could just as easily farm 100+ artifact domains and get only one good flower out of it. The only difference is what you paid for that one flower is equal to 2000 resin, or 0 resin and a bunch of 5-star artifacts that weren’t going to be used anyway.
Cons of the Artifact Strongbox
- The biggest disadvantage of crafting Artifact Strongboxes is that the players sacrifice three 5-star artifacts for one. There is no control over the main stat or the substat that the artifacts will have. The only thing that players can freely choose is the artifact set. The problem with this is that travelers are unable to choose the specific type of artifact, meaning players looking for a Goblet could keep getting a Circlet.
- In the early game or midgame stages, using the bad artifacts as fodder for better artifacts and scrapping artifacts for Mora is better than using the random artifact generating system.
- Since the system is purely RNG, even after spending thousands of bad artifacts, players could land up with zero usable artifacts. Therefore before spending resources, keep this fact in mind to avoid frustration.
What do you think about the Artifact Strongbox guide in Genshin Impact? Let us know in the comments below!
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Google News, Instagram, and Twitter for quick updates.