Losing an account can be very much problematic. Be it on a mobile device or pc or console, for a player who is regular on a game and has spent a significant amount of time playing the game, they will be generally agitated when their account is lost. Many users who had uninstalled the game a long back, might find their old account overwritten to a fresh new account. So if you are among those who have lost his/her Genshin Impact account, we will explain how you can recover the account along with solving account-related issues.
How to recover a lost Genshin Impact or HoYoverse account
If you lost your account, you can get it back in many ways. First off confirm if your account is linked with an email or any trusted third-party account (Twitter, Google, Facebook, Apple). If so, you can review your account settings as well as reset your password on HoYoverse’s website.
If you find out that your Genshin account is not linked with an email or trusted third-party account, or if none of your login attempts works, then please follow the steps below.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Account Recovery” as the subject line.
- If sent correctly, you will receive an auto-generated mail with a form link labelled as “Account Retrieval”.
- Complete the form once with accurate and precise information, then submit.
- Sending multiple mails or filling up the form several times will not speed up the process.
- If you don’t remember or have information available for certain questions, answer them best to your ability. Do notleave questions blank.
- You will receive a follow up within 10 days of form submission, do not panic.
- Make sure you check your spam/junk folder every now and then when waiting for a response.
- Do not disclose your personal information on “help groups” or forums that promise to help you get your account back. Your ticket should only be handled by official Genshin Impact’s Customer Service representatives.
Below is a sample of the e-mail.
How to resolve account-related issues in Genshin Impact
You can contact customer support if you have any account-related complaints, the procedure is mentioned here.
Please write to customer support using the following format.
- “I have account issues regarding ***. I included the information below. Thank you!”
- UID/Account Nickname + Server.
- Email/Phone the account was registered with.
- Other authorized linked information the account was associated with.
- Date/Time/Location of your last login.
- Authorized device(s) used to access your account.
- Authorized transactions including: confirmation numbers, date/time, amounts.
- Other proofs of ownership.
If you do not have all the information as per the headings, then try to include as much info the verifies your ownership of your account.