Genshin Impact recently released Version 3.6 packed with some fruitful content including a new Sumeru Boss called the ‘Iniquitous Baptist’. The boss has obvious ties with the Abyss and can wield many different elements at once which may prove to be difficult to handle at first. The Baptist is located in the new Desert update expansion of the Sumeru map.
- How to find and unlock the Iniquitous Baptist Boss in Genshin Impact
- Genshin Impact Iniquitous Baptist Boss: Quick Overview
- Materials and items dropped by the Iniquitous Baptist Boss
- How to Defeat the Iniquitous Baptist Boss in Genshin Impact
- Recommended Team Comps for the Iniquitous Baptist Boss in Genshin Impact
As of the current Version 3.6, Baizhu is the only playable character that would require the ascension materials dropped from the boss. In this guide, we will be discussing and giving tips on how to defeat the Iniquitous Baptist in Genshin Impact, along with recommending what characters one should use in the boss fight.
How to find and unlock the Iniquitous Baptist Boss in Genshin Impact
The Iniquitous Baptist is located in the Sumeru Desert, particularly around the Gavireh Lajavard and Realm of Farakhkert. To access the boss, players need to unlock the Sumeru region, specifically the Gavireh Lajavard and Realm of Farakhkert regions. Unlocking the Sumeru region will easily let the Adventurer’s Handbook locate the Iniquitous Baptist for the player. There are nearby teleport waypoints where players can get close as possible to the boss’s location.
Unfortunately, there is no direct teleport waypoint to the Setekh Wenut boss, but there is only 1 way to locate the boss’s cave. Players can teleport here on the top of a cliff and then jump down. Then, players will see a series of paths extending to different locations, go take the path on the far right and keep following the trail which leads to an underground cave. Follow this path, till it leads players to the Iniquitous Baptist boss. It is recommended that players teleport to this path as it is a lot easier and less time-consuming.
Genshin Impact Iniquitous Baptist Boss: Quick Overview
Description: This Iniquitous Baptist hails from the Abyss and possesses multiple limbs that it has acquired through its evolution. It wields various forms of elemental power, which have been subsumed by the Abyssal will. Although the nature of the Abyss is incompatible with the elements, it can trap and manipulate elemental energies to serve its purposes.
In practice, the abilities of the Abyssal powers do not seem to differ significantly from elemental objects, ranging from minor items like the Treasure Hoarders’ elemental containers to powerful objects such as Visions. This Abyssal creature has undergone an evolution empowered by the stygian powers of the dark, resulting in the acquisition of additional limbs. It possesses the ability to wield various forms of elemental powers, even though the Abyss is fundamentally at odds with elemental energies.
Materials and items dropped by the Iniquitous Baptist Boss
- Character Ascension Material: Evergloom Ring
- Artifact Sets: Berserker, Instructor, Adventurer, Gladiator’s Finale, and Wanderer’s Troupe
- Ascension Gems: Vajrada Amethyst Sliver, Shivada Jade Sliver, Agnidus Agate Sliver, Varunada Lazurite Sliver, Vajrada Amethyst Fragment, Shivada Jade Fragment, Agnidus Agate Fragment, Varunada Lazurite Fragment, Vajrada Amethyst Chunk, Shivada Jade Chunk, Agnidus Agate Chunk, Varunada Lazurite Chunk, Vajrada Amethyst Gemstone, Shivada Jade Gemstone, Agnidus Agate Gemstone, Varunada Lazurite Gemstone
How to Defeat the Iniquitous Baptist Boss in Genshin Impact
The Iniquitous Baptist can use a mixture of three elemental powers simultaneously, which can include Cryo, Electro, Hydro, and Pyro. Before the start of the battle, the swirling crystals at the creature’s spawn point indicate the specific elemental combination that it will employ. The elemental combination changes daily, although not necessarily at daily reset, and remains consistent across different players’ worlds. The exact time of the reset for the elemental combination is currently unknown.
Attack Patterns and Abilities
Elemental Rings: At the start of the fight, the Iniquitous Baptist creates nodes that gradually accumulate energy and create elemental rings upon reaching full charge. These rings then detonate, inflicting 200% ATK as AoE damage of their corresponding elemental type. While executing this move. However, players can immobilize the Iniquitous Baptist by destroying all nodes through the use of appropriate Elemental Reactions. Remember to always initiate this attack at the start of the fight.
The Iniquitous Baptist is a creature of the Abyss that can use a combination of three of the following elements at once: Cryo, Electro, Hydro, and Pyro. Before the fight begins, the elemental combination is indicated by the swirling crystals at its spawn point, and it changes every day. The elemental combination is the same across different players’ worlds.
At the beginning of the fight, the Iniquitous Baptist conjures nodes that charge up and form elemental rings, which explode and deal with AoE DMG of their respective elemental type. During this attack, the Iniquitous Baptist’s RES increased by 200%. Destroying all nodes using the appropriate Elemental Reactions will paralyze the Iniquitous Baptist.
After using Elemental Rings for the first time, the Iniquitous Baptist will begin cycling through 3 elemental shields. The order of the shield cycle depends on the elemental combination and is indicated by the 3 elemental crystals behind the Iniquitous Baptist. The currently active element is indicated by the crystal at the top, and the crystals rotate counterclockwise when a shield swap occurs. If a shield is destroyed, the Iniquitous Baptist will be paralyzed for a short period, and the destroyed shield becomes unavailable. If all 3 shields are destroyed, it will be paralyzed for a longer period and recover all shields afterward.
If the 1st or 2nd shields are not destroyed after 30 seconds, the Iniquitous Baptist will channel energy into 2 elemental orbs to detonate them, each dealing AoE DMG matching the elemental types of the current and next shields. Afterward, it switches to the next shield. If the 3rd shield onwards is not destroyed after 25 seconds, or if a shield is destroyed but the next shield in the cycle is unavailable, the Iniquitous Baptist will perform Elemental Rings using the available element.
- Cryo Phase: The Iniquitous Baptist has three different attacks in its arsenal. The first attack is called Dark Frost Icicles, in which it conjures four icicles and fires them at the player, dealing with Cryo DMG. If the attack hits the player, it will drain 80 Stamina. However, if the player gets hit again within 3 seconds of the first hit, only 25 Stamina will be drained. The second attack is called Icy Blades, where the Iniquitous Baptist shoots 2 to 4 ice blades at the player followed by a double blade. Each ice blade deals with Cryo DMG, while the double blade deals with Cryo DMG. The third and final attack is called Shattering Blast, which the Iniquitous Baptist will use when the player is close to it. This attack causes an explosion around the monster, dealing with AoE Cryo DMG.
- Electro Phase: Violet Beam fires a charged laser beam at the player, dealing Electro DMG. In addition to these attacks, the Iniquitous Baptist has its Elemental Rings and the ability to cycle through its shields. It can also use Abyssal Light, which fires three orbs at the player, each dealing Electro DMG and draining 20 Energy from each party member. The Iniquitous Baptist can also throw Lances of Retribution, two lances consecutively at the player, dealing AoE Electro DMG. Lastly, it can teleport away from the player if they get too close.
- Hydro Phase: Surging Tide can shoot multiple water blades at the player, followed by a double blade, dealing Hydro damage. If it hits the player, it also extends the ongoing cooldowns of all party members. Orbs of Cleansing attack conjures 4 water bombs that track the player and explode, dealing Hydro damage.
- Pyro Phase: The Iniquitous Baptist has an attack called Abyssal Flame which summons bursts of flame that deal AoE Pyro DMG and apply the Brand of the Abyssal Flame status to players damaged. This status shortly expires and drains HP from all party members, although shields and dash I-frames can prevent its application. The on-field character can use Elemental Burst I-frames to avoid HP loss, but off-field characters will be affected regardless. Off-field characters will not be drained below 15% Max HP by this ability. The Orbs of Incineration attack conjures four fire bombs that home toward the player, each dealing Pyro DMG. Achievements completed from the Iniquitous Baptist Boss Fight.
- Despite the Barrier Between Us: Defeat the Iniquitous Baptist without destroying its Elemental Shield.
- Proof by Exhaustion: Defeat Iniquitous Baptists of all possible elemental combinations.
- When You Say Nothing At All: Destroy all Elemental Rings to paralyze the Iniquitous Baptist when it begins to channel its attack.
Recommended Team Comps for the Iniquitous Baptist Boss in Genshin Impact
To prepare for the fight with Iniquitous Baptist, players can observe 3 swirling gems at the boss’s spawn location to determine their elemental combination. It is necessary to have a team that can break the shields of all three elements to create an opportunity to deal damage to the boss effectively. The most effective elements against each shield are Pyro for Cryo, Cryo/Dendro/Pyro for Electro, Dendro for Hydro, and Hydro for Pyro. Anemo characters are great for Swirl damage. In addition, bringing a healer or shielder is recommended.
A combination of Dendro, Pyro, and Hydro would be highly recommended to bring to take the 3 random Elemental shields down. If the player is unable to take the 3 shields on time, then they would have to fight all 3 phases of the boss’s shield as they battle.
What are your thoughts about the guide to beating Iniquitous Baptist Boss in Genshin Impact? Let us know in the comments below!