Genshin Impact will be releasing their latest patch update, Version 3.6 “A Parade of Providence” around April 12th, 2023. The highly anticipated character Baizhu will finally be playable and introduced officially through the new patch. Along with Baizhu, another new playable character will be released. Called Kaveh, he is another pre-established character that has been seen previously in the Sumeru Archon Quests and with Alhaitham-related events. This guide provides the players with a rough estimate of how many free Primogems any individual may obtain if they play all the contents of the Genshin Impact 3.6 update.
Some re-run banners aside, this Version also released another Expansion Map of Sumeru in the Desert Region, along with some more packed limited content that is full of rewards with high amounts of Primogems being obtainable. Free-to-Play players should take advantage of the new update and collect those free Primogems.
How to get free Primogems with Genshin Impact 3.6 Update
1. Daily Commissions
The 3.6 patch will run for six whole weeks as usual. Players can gain 60 Primogems for a total of 42 days if they complete their commissions on time before the daily reset hits. A total of 2520 Primogems (42 x 60) can be obtained.
2. Spiral Abyss
The Spiral Abyss resets every 15 days from Floor 8 to Floor 12. Each Floor has three Chambers where they reward you with 50 Primogems if the player can finish the challenges on time. This is so because the players can obtain 150 Primogems on every Floor. A total of 600 Primogems are given each Spiral Abyss rotation. The Abyss will reset about three times during the 3.6 patch. This means that one can obtain a total of 1800 Primogems (600 x 3).
3. Paimon’s Bargains (Stardust Exchange)
In the Paimon’s Bargains Shop, there is a section called Stardust Exchange where players can purchase a total of 5 Acquaint Fates and 5 Intertwined Fates in exchange for Stardust (which is obtained by Wishing). The Shop resets every month on the first day of the week so make sure you buy the Fates before that. According to the patch timeline, players can obtain 5 Intertwined Fates (800 Primogems)in the update during the May 2023 reset.
4. HoYoLAB Daily Check-In
Genshin Impact has a Daily Check-In reward system each month at their HoYoLAB website where players can obtain a total of 80 primogems just by checking in the HoYoLAB App or Website. One tip to remember is that, if players don’t need to complete the whole month to acquire 60 primogems each, only check in for 18 days straight.
5. Version 3.6 Update Compensation
When a new patch update hits, Genshin Impact takes a few hours (mainly around 5 hours) for maintenance of the update. After maintenance is done, players can log in to enjoy the fresh new patch update and also receive compensation in their Mail for the maintenance (600 primogems). Be warned that players should claim this mail during the update or else it will expire.
6. Version 3.7 Livestream
To bring excitement and hype around new updates, Genshin Impact usually hosts a Livestream for the upcoming patch and reveals bits through trailers and discussions. During the Livestream, they bring out three Codes to redeem where each code rewards you with 100 primogems. A total of 300 primogems can be obtained. Be sure to redeem the codes as soon as possible as they expire after 24 hours or less.
7. Test Runs
Each five-star they run banners for during the updates has a Test Run where players can check out the playable characters and how they function. After completing the Test Runs, players can claim 20 Primogems plus ascension materials for said characters. Characters such as Nahida, Nilou, Baizhu, and Ganyuwould have banners during the 3.4 updates hence a total of 80 Primogems can be obtained.
7. Quests and Hangouts
A new update means new Quests to complete and this update has a bunch of them. World Quests aside, this patch will introduce us to a new playable character that players are quite familiar with during the Sumeru Archon Quests and Liyue Event Quests. Baizhu will be released in this patch which means a new Story Quest is on the way called‘Lagenaria Chapter: ACT I’.
Additionally, Nahida is re-running this patch and as such she will be receiving a second Story Quest of the chapter ‘SapientiaOromasdis Chapter: ACT II’. A total of 120 Primogems can be obtained through the Story Quests. The new Sumeru 4 stars released will be getting their own Hangouts, as such this update introduces Layla’s Hangout Story Quests called which brings in a total of 60 Primogems. A total of 180 Primogems can be obtained through these Quests and Events.
8. Exploration Content
A new expansion of the Map located in the Sumeru Desert region in Version 3.6 results in more ways to gain Primogems through exploration and unlocking places. To break-down:
- Unlocking Teleport Waypoints and Statues of the Seven: 60 Primogems
- Maxing the Statue of the Seven: 60 Primogems
- Unlocking Domains and clearing them: 100 Primogems
- Tree of Dreams Level Up Rewards (Cap Increased from Level 40 to Level 50): Two Intertwined Fates (320 Primogems)
- Chests and overall exploration of other mechanics: ~ 1200 Primogems (estimated)
- Completing almost all new World Quests this patch: ~ 510 Primogems (estimated)
- Amrita Pool Offerings: 600 Primogems
More achievement tasks are added to the new update of the game, including a whole new Achievement Category due to the new Desert Expansion in Sumeru for 3.6 being added in the game which entails to more exploration achievements. Completing them all would result in obtaining a total of 355Primogems.
10. Limited Events
- A Parade of Providence: This patch’s flagship limited event is called ‘A Parade of Providence’. Being a momentous celebration for the Akademia, this year’s Akademiya Extravaganza is extra lively. With competitions and amusements aplenty, meet with people from all across Teyvat and join a time of revelry. The Flagship limited event will give players a total of 970 Primogems.
- Brewing Developments: Paimon and Traveler meet a certain strange student by the Wall of Samiel to the southwest of the rainforest. She seems to be trying to test some kind of mysterious creation. Total Primogems to be obtained through this event. The total primogem count is a total of 420 Primogems.
- Fulminating Sandstorms: In response to the inexplicable dangers lurking amidst the sands, the Akademiya seeks to repel the threat using machines. The traveler encounter an anxious researcher near Aaru Village. Total Primogems to be obtained through this event. The total primogem count is a total of 420 Primogems.
- The Recollector’s Path: Though a dazzling title is appealing, a noble character of stalwart virtue is indispensable when faced with the totality of challenges. Therefore, trials must be undertaken to fully understand Sorush’s responsibilities. Total Primogems to be obtained through this event: 420 Primogems.
11. Miscellaneous Codes and Web Events
To bring promotion to each patch, Genshin Impact releases a few Web Events where players can play a few mini-games through the Genshin Impact website and obtain Primogems as they go by. Codes are also given randomly to redeem as a promotional method. An estimated amount of 200 primogems can be obtained through the events and codes. So keep your eyes peeled on Genshin Impact’s official Socials to learn more!
Maximum Primogems obtainable in Genshin Impact Version 3.6 Update
|Paimon’s Bargains Shop
|(5 Intertwined Fates x 160 Primogems) = 800
|HoYoLAB Daily Check-In
|Version 3.6 Update Compensation
|Nahida Story Quest ACT II
|Baizhu Story Quest ACT I
|Layla Hangout Quest ACT I
|Teleport Waypoints and Statue of the Seven
|Chests and Exploration
|Statue of Seven and Tree of Dreams Level-Up
|Domain Unlock and Cleared
|Amrita Pools Offering
|A Parade of Providence
|The Recollector’s Path
|Miscellaneous Web Events
Total Primogems = 11,995 Primogems (Approx. ~74 Intertwined Fates)
Therefore, as a Free-To-Play (F2P) Player, the total amount of free Primogems you would obtain is 11,995 Primogems (approx. 74 Free Intertwined Fates)
Therefore, as a Free-To-Play (F2P) Player, the total amount of free Primogems you would obtain is 11,995 Primogems (approx. 75 Free Intertwined Fates). Please note that this is just an estimated calculation and should only be taken as a reference, actual Primogems income can vary a lot with this estimated amount.
Did you find our guide on how to get around 11995+ primogems for free Genshin Impact 3.6 update useful? Let us know in the comments below!