Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent is an HD-2D enhanced pixel RPG game published by Square Enix for mobile devices. Since there is a heavy focus on formations and strategy for all sorts of game content like bosses and higher-level enemies, acquiring powerful characters at the start is very important for a relatively smoother game experience but it’s not necessary. With Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent launched recently, here is a brief reroll guide that will help you get started with good characters.
How to reroll efficiently in Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent
The game developers have given quite the leeway for rerolling and have not restricted any popular methods. However, players will only need one method which is Account Reset after each failed to reroll, which should be the fastest way for rerolling in this game.
Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent rerolling for Android Devices
- Start the game and make sure to log in to the game with a Guest account, the game will recommend players to start with a registered Square Enix member account. But, they can skip that and continue with the guest account.
- Playthrough the cutscenes and overall tutorial which should take about 8-10 minutes. Once it finishes, players can claim the premium currency i.e. the Rubies from the Mail Box, Mission and quest rewards, or any other source they can find. Rubies are the currency used for rolling gacha.
- Players can roll on their favorite banner. If players get the characters they wanted, they can bind the account, if not then continue.
- To reset the account, the game developers have given a straightforward method in the in-game settings menu, navigate to the game’s menu and from there head back to the title screen. Players can navigate to Options and then they will see a Delete Account option, simply tap on that and confirm all prompts which should give you a fresh start for rerolling.
Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent rerolling for iOS Devices
The same method as android one can be applied here, if that doesn’t work, then the only option is to delete and reinstall the game after each unsuccessful reroll.
How to reroll on an Emulator for Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent
Emulators are the go-to tools for rerolling most of the time, as compared to native Android and iOS devices. BlueStacks, LD Player and Memu are the most commonly used emulators on the market, select any one of them and continue. For general rerolling, emulators have all the features that are needed so no need to fret over the perfect emulator but do give a thorough read of the documentation for the one you choose, to get things done.
Octopath Traveler: Cotc developers have implemented strict restrictions against emulators and the game will instantly close when it detects its running on one. Thankfully a workaround has been found which will let you use at least one emulator to play the game. As of now, LD Player is the only emulator that can run the game smoothly enough, now in order to get the game running on LD Player follow the steps below-
- First, close the game and stop its process so that it doesn’t run in the background.
- Open LD player’s Main Settings and then navigate to the Network tab, here you will find the option to disconnect from the network, click on the checkbox and disable the network.
- Now, open the game and wait until you get an internal prompt that you are not connected to a network, simply navigate back to the Network tab and reactivate the network.
- The game should work properly now, however, this workaround may get patched anytime by the developers so if this method doesn’t work anymore, chances are it got patched.
Players can also try running the game on BlueStacks, but it’s a hit-and-miss case most of the time, as the game occasionally runs without issues, but other times simply just crashes.
If players got the game running on the emulator, they can start the rerolling with these steps:
- Players can first install the game on a 64-bit instance. 64-bit will provide better performance and stability as compared to the 32-bit ones. Most modern games can only run on 64-bit.
- They can install the game on the base instance, but don’t open the game. They can make clones of the base instance. Once there are 3-4 instances, players can use the workaround and start with rerolling on every instance except the base one.
- Since the game has an in-built reset account option, there will be two ways for efficient rerolling. One way is to simply delete the bad reroll accounts and clone them again from the base instance or reset the accounts each time in all the instances. The second method should be relatively faster and players should use that.
- When getting the perfect account with the best characters, players can bind the game to a Square Enix Bridge account.
Note: If the game crashes on the emulator during the opening of the account binding window, then all players have to do is set their emulator’s default browser to Google Chrome. They can modify this from the internal settings of the emulator.
How to bind a game account in Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent
On navigating to Game’s Settings, players will see the option for account bind in Back Up Data. The game does not allow any third-party account linking, but instead, has Square Enix Bridge which will store the data for safekeeping and protection once an account is created and linked with it. Account binding is highly recommended so that players can play the game across multiple devices.
What are your thoughts on our Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent reroll guide? Let us know in the comments below!