Guzzlord is a huge Dragon and Dark type ultra beast. The beast’s body is spherical with a large yellow mouth in the center. The inside of its mouth is bright blue and there are small spikes lined with the throat. Along with this, spikes are also edged with its black tongue. Guzzlord’s body is supported by two thick legs each with three claws and yellow zigzag markings across the knees. In this Pokémon Go Guide, we will go over the best movesets and counters for defeating Guzzlord.
Guzzlord in Pokémon Go
Also known as the Junkivore Pokémon, it is weak to Bug, Dragon, Fairy, Fighting, and Ice Type Pokémon and it has the ability to boost itself after every time it knocks out a Pokémon. Although this dangerous Ultra Beast has a high HP stat, it also has a miserable Defence stat. This is why in ideal weather conditions 2 to 4 trainers are enough to take it down in a tug. Guzzlord does not evolve and is blessed with a good moveset which makes it something extra-ordinary to catch.
Guzzlord’s fast moves include Dragon Tail and Snarl and its main moves include Dragon Claw, Sludge Bomb, Crunch, and Brutal Swing. Among all these moves, the best moves are Snarl and Brutal Swing and the amalgamation of these two moves has the highest total DPS.
The CP ranges of Guzzlord are 1565 to 1650 at level 20 with no weather boost and 1956 to 2062 at level 25 with fog or windy weather boost.
Best Counters against Guzzlord in Pokémon Go
Below is the list of best counters against Guzzlord in Pokémon Go
- Alakazam (Mega): Counter Fighting/Dazzling Gleam
- Altaria (Mega): Dragon Breath/Dazzling Gleam
- Latios (Mega): Dragon Breath/ Dragon Claw
- Latias (Mega): Charm/Outrage
- Gardevoir: Charm/Dazzling Gleam
- Togekiss: Charm/Dazzling Gleam
- Xurkitree: Thunder Shock/Dazzling Gleam
- Lopunny (Mega): Double Kick/Focus Blast
- Primarina: Charm/Moonblast
- Zacian (Hero): Quick Attack/Play Rough
- Granbull: Charm/Play Rough
- Sylveon: Charm/Dazzling Gleam
- Tapu Koko: Quick Attack/Dazzling Gleam
- Beedrill (Mega): Bug Bit/X-Scissor
- Charizard (Mega X): Dragon Breath/Dragon Claw
- Scizor (Mega): Fury Cutter/X-Scissor Bug
- Rapidash (Galarian): Fairy Wind/Play Rough
- Tapu Bulu: Bullet Seed/Dazzling Gleam
- Beartic: Charm/Play Rough
- Terrakion: Double Kick/Sacred Sword
- Florges: Fairy Wind/Moonblast
- Abomasnow (Mega): Powder Snow/Weather Ball
- Clefable: Charm/Dazzling Gleam
- Donphan: Charm/Play Rough
- Alakazam: Counter/Dazzling Gleam
- Ampharos (Mega): Charge Beam/Dragon Pulse
- Lucario: Counter/Aura Sphere
- Gyarados (Mega): Dragon Tail/Outrage
Remember to use these moves effectively when confronted with Guzzlord in Pokémon Go. Be careful of the Guzzlord’s best ability, that is the Beast Boost which boosts itself each time it knocks out a Pokémon.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Swalot counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below