Primeape is a Fighting type Pokémon found in Pokémon Go that gets its blood circulation boosted when it’s angry. In the process, its muscles become even stronger but at the same time, it also losses its intelligence to a certain level. Primeape is an easy opponent to beat on solo raids for most players including players with sub-optimal counters. Here’s the guide on some of the most effective counters to defeat it in Pokémon Go.
Primeape in Pokémon GO
Primeape is a Fighting type Pokémon with a max CP of 2288. It is vulnerable to Psychic and Flying type counters. Players can use pokemon like Mewtwo, Moltres, and Mega Pidgeot to name a few against it. Primeape is also weak towards Fairy, Flying, and Psychic attacks. As it has so many weaknesses, players can come up with a lot of different combinations in their teams to beat it.
The best movesets of Primeape are Counter and Close Combat. Both of them have an added DPS of 68.2. It is the best combination of moves in PvP battles. Primeape has pretty good Fast and Charge moves so the players need to select the right type of Pokémons in their teams to ensure victory.
Best counters against Primeape in Pokémon GO
Here is the list of best counters that you can use against Primeape, and guarantee yourself a win.
- Mewtwo: Psycho Cut/Psystrike
- Hoopa(Unbound): Confusion/Psychic
- Hoopa(Confined): Confusion/Psychic
- Moltres: Wing Attack/Sky Attack
- Latios: Zen Headbutt/Psychic
- Espeon: Confusion/Psychic
- Alakazam: Psycho Cut/Psychic
- Tapu Lele: Confusion/Future Sight
- Ho-Oh: Extrasensory/Brave Bird
- Metagross: Zen Headbutt/Psychic
- Gardevoir: Confusion/Psychic
- Azelf: Extrasensory/Future Sight
- Rayqauza: Air Slash/Hurricane
- Zacian: Metal Claw/Play Rough
- Staraptor: Wing Attack/Brave Bird
- Gallade: Confusion/Psychic
- Lugia: Extrasensory/Aeroblast
- Braviary: Air Slash/Brave Bird
- Xurkitree: Spark/Dazzling Gleam
- Honchkrow: Peck/Sky Attack
- Yveltal: Gust/ Hurricane
- Deoxys(Attack): Zen Headbutt/Psycho Boost
- Delphox: Zen Headbutt/Psychic
- Jirachi: Confusion/Psychic
- Exeggutor: Confusion/Psychic
- Meloetta(Aria): Confusion/Psyschock
- Primarina: Charm/Moomblast
- Tapu Koko: Volt Switch/Dazzling Gleam
- Togekiss: Charm/Dazzling Gleam
- Victini: Confusion/Psychic
- Zacian(Hero): Quick Attack/Play Rough
- Tornadus(Incarnate): Air Slash/Hurricane
- Zapdos: Thunder Shock/Drill Peck
- Latias: Zen Headbutt/Psychic
All of Primeape’s Fast moves and 50 percent of its Charge moves are Fighting type which makes it very easy to fight against and quite predictable. In cloudy conditions, Primeape’s Catch encounter level gets a boost along with its Fighting-type moves, thus giving out more damage. In windy weather, Psychic and Flying counters get a boost and help in speed raids. So players should keep all these things in their mind before building their team if they want an easy win.
What are your thoughts about our article on Primeape counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!