Tepig is a fire-type Pokémon who looks like a pig and is generally orange in color. It has oval eyes, a red colored nose with long pointed ears which are placed closely. Tepig has short legs and the upper portion of the head is dark brown. It has a deep yellow stripe on its snout and its curly tail is finished with a confounded red sphere. In this Pokémon Go Guide, we will go over the best movesets and counters for defeating Tepig.
Tepig in Pokémon Go
Also known as the Fire Pig Pokémon, it is vulnerable to Water, Ground, and Rock and is capable of powering up his Fire-type move when his HP is low. At Level 17, the Pokémon can evolve to Pignite at the expense of 25 candies, and at Level 36, the Pokémon will have the potential of evolving to Emboar costing 100 candies.
It can be obtained from 571 to 618 CP at level 20 with no weather boost. The Pokémon can also be obtained at level 25 with a CP value from 714 to 773 CP with the weather boost. Currently, in Pokémon Go, there are a total of 3 Pokémon in the Tepig Family.
Tepig is a tier 1 raid Pokémon that blows fire through its nose and can roast berries even before he/she gets to eat them. It is a shadow-type Pokémon that is exceedingly expensive to power up and specific events are essential to remove frustration with a Charge TM.
The best movesets for Tepig are Ember and Flamethrower. The Pokémon’s quick moves include Ember and Tackle while the main moves consist of Flamethrower, Flame Charge, and Body Slam.
Best counters against Tepig in Pokémon Go
Below is the list of best counters for Tepig in Pokémon Go.
- Blastoise (Mega): Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Aerodactyl (Mega): Rock Throw/Ancient Power
- Gyarados (Mega): Waterfall/Aqua Tail
- Alakazam (Mega): Confusion/Psychic
- Gengar (Mega): Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Rampardos: Smack Down/Rock Slide
- Terrakion: Smack Down/Rock Slide
- Landorus (Incarnate): Rock Throw/Earth Power
- Rhyperior: Smack Down/Rock Wrecker
- Greninja: Bubble/Hydro Pump
- Landorus (Therian): Mud Shot/Stone Edge
- Kyogre: Waterfall/Surf
- Clawdaunt: Waterfall/Crabhammer
- Simipoar: Water Gun/Hydro Pump
- Floatzel: Water Gun/Hydro Pump
- Houndoom (Mega): Snarl/Crunch
- Beedrill (Mega): Bug Bite/Sludge Bomb
- Steelix (Mega): Thunder Fang/Earthquake
- Vaporeon: Water Gun/Hydro Pump
- Krookodile: Snarl/Earthquake
- Feraligatr: Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Kingdra: Water Gun/Hydro Pump
- Starmie: Water Gun/Hydro Pump
- Omastar: Water Gun/Hydro Pump
- Swampert: Mud Shot/Hydro Cannon
- Excadrill: Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Palkia: Dragon Breath/Aqua Tail
- Groudon: Mud Shot/Earthquake
Don’t forget to use these moves while facing the Tepig in Pokémon Go. Be extra cautious while facing the fireballs shot from its nose. The Pokémon is an easy defeat for any trainer.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Tepig counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below