Shadow Skarmory is a Tier 3 Shadow Raid Boss in Pokémon Go. Shadow Raids allow you to fight against Shadow Pokémon and also give you a chance to capture them. It looks like an ostrich and a dinosaur at the same time and seems to be clad in an armor of steel. It also has long sharp talons on its legs and a head that looks like it’s wearing a steel helmet along with red feathers. Shadow Raids are a lot tougher than normal raids which is why you will need to be extra ready for this battle. So in this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters using which you’ll be able to defeat Shadow Skarmory in the best way possible.
Shadow Skarmory in Pokémon Go
Shadow Skarmory is a dual-type Steel and Flying Pokémon in Pokémon Go. It has a maximum CP of 2383 at level 50 and is weak towards Electric and Fire-type attacks. You’ll need to carry Shadow Shards and Purified Gems into the battle along with yourself as without these you won’t stand a chance against any Shadow Pokémon. Even with the right counters, groups of no less than two trainers are not recommended against Shadow Skarmory.
Shadow Skarmory Moveset
The best moves from the moveset of Shadow Skarmory include Steel Wing and Sky Attack. They have a damage-dealing capacity of 12.94 damage per second and a total damage of 321.1. They are also the best combination of moves that can used in both Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Other options from its movepool include Air Slash, Flash Cannon, and Brave Bird.
Best counters against Shadow Skarmory in Pokémon Go
Here’s the list of the best counters against Shadow Skarmory which will provide you with the best chances at winning.
- Charizard (Mega Y): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Blaziken (Mega): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Xurkitree: Thunder Shock/Discharge
- Reshiram: Fire Fang/Fusion Flare
- Manectric (Mega): Thunder Fang/Wild Charge
- Zekrom: Charge Beam/Fusion Bolt
- Charizard (Mega X): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Thundurus (Therian): Rock Throw/Wildbolt Storm
- Heatran: Fire Spin/Magma Storm
- Houndoom (Mega): Fire Fang/Flamethrower
- Groudon (Primal): Mud Shot/Fire Punch
- Ampharos (Mega): Volt Switch/Zap Cannon
- Magnezone: Spark/Wild Charge
- Raikou: Thunder Shock/Wild Charge
- Electivire: Thunder Shock/Wild Charge
- Zapdos: Thunder Shock/Thunder Bolt
- Darmanitan: Fire Fang/Overheat
- Entei: Fire Fang/Overheat
- Emboar: Ember/Blast Burn
- Salamence: Fire Fang/Fire Blast
- Moltres: Fire Spin/Overheat
- Blaziken: Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Chandelure: Fire Fang/Overheat
- Delphox: Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Luxray: Spark/Wild Charge
- Victini: Quick Attack/V-Create
- Volcarona: Fire Spin/Overheat
- Charizard: Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Kyogre (Prima): Waterfall/Origin Pulse
- Arcanine (Hisuian): Fire Fang/Flamethrower
You should try to avoid Snow or Rainy weather as they boost the moves of Shadow Skarmory. There are many good options to choose from as counters such as Zekrom, Reshiram, and other Mega evolutions such as Mega Ampharos, Mega Houndoom, and so on.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Shadow Skarmory counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!