Eldegoss is one of the many Pokémon which has arrived in the MOBA scene, that one can choose to play in Pokémon Unite. Eldegoss is ranged healer support, which means Eldegoss sticks closely to teammates to ensure that they stay alive for as long as possible. This adorable little cotton ball is played in the bottom lane and does best when paired with an all-rounder. In this guide, we will take a closer look at the best battle items, and abilities, including the tips and tricks to make your way to victory with Eldegoss in Pokémon Unite.
We have previously discussed how to master playing with other Pokémons like Pikachu. So make sure to check that guide as well. For now, let’s focus on Eldegoss.
Eldegoss: In-game Cost
Eldegoss is one of the cheaper Pokémon available for purchase. Eldegoss can be selected at the start of the game as one of the free Pokémon. It can be purchased for either 6000 Aeos coins or 345 Aeos Gems from the in-game shop called the Unite Battle Committee. The shop consists of all the characters available from which players can view general info, stats, and abilities of the Pokémon before purchasing them.
Eldegoss is heavily reliant on abilities. All of Eldegoss’ abilities are AOE, which means Eldegoss specializes in team fights. In this Eldegoss guide, we are going to see in-depth how these abilities work in Pokémon Unite. We will also show how one can master it in no time.
Passive – Cotton Down
When damage is dealt to Eldegoss, it reflects some damage back at the attacker. This does slow the attacker and also heals the other Pokémon. In turn, it also contributes to increasing the movement speed for a short time.
Every third attack attaches a cotton fluff to your opponent. This does slow the opponent and makes them take more damage. Boosted Attack damage also increases, depending on your special attack amount.
Ability 1 – Leafage
A ranged special attack that slows the opponent.
This heals Eldegoss and his allies within a circular AOE radius for a small amount of health.
Ability choices at level 4
Ability 1 evolves into one of the two abilities at level 4.
|Pollen Puff||Leaf Tornado|
|Throws a pollen puff that attaches to an ally or opponent. When touched, it heals the ally Pokémon but damages opposing Pokémon within a small circular radius of the puff.||Shoots a tornado of leaves forward that can go through enemies/allies and damages enemies on hit, leaves a trail behind for a few seconds that increases allies’ movement speed.|
|Upgrade: Increases ally defence but deals damage to opposing Pokémon over time when hit.||Upgrade: When an opposing Pokémon is hit by the tornado, it reduces their accuracy for a few seconds.|
Ability choices at level 6
Ability 2 evolves into one of the two abilities at level 6.
|Cotton Guard||Cotton Spore|
|It gives all allies within a circular radius a shield, if the shield is not expended it is converted into a heal after a few seconds.||It increases your defence for a few seconds, then lets out an AOE burst attack that slows opponents.|
|Upgrade: It increases ally movement speed while active.||Upgrade: It increases your defence even more while active.|
Unite Move – Cotton Cloud Crash
Eldegoss floats above the ground, being invincible for a few seconds. Then, it can be recast to slam onto the ground, healing allies hit by the slam. It also makes a point to push opponents away from Eldegoss and damage them.
Best items for Eldegoss in Pokémon Unite
Best held items
|Item||Why it’s useful|
|Buddy Barrier||When Pokémon uses its Unite Move, it will give your Pokémon and a nearby ally with the lowest health a shield for a percentage of their max HP. This is helpful since the goal as a support is to protect your teammates. As long as the healer can stay alive, a large amount of health buddy barrier is given.|
|EXP Share||While your experience points are the lowest on your team, one will get 2 experience points per second, but it will not share XP with your allies when you kill a Pokémon. Eldegoss doesn’t need much XP when using XP share make sure to give most of the wild Pokémon to your lane partner so that they can get a big XP lead and carry the game (as a general rule of thumb, take 20% of the nearby wild Pokémon and give 80% to your allies).|
|Shell Bell||When the Pokémon hits with a move, it recovers some HP, the higher the Pokémon’s special attack, the more HP it recovers, this effect is on a ten-second cooldown. This synergises well with Eldegoss because Pollen Puff can easily hit opponents due to its range and splash damage.|
Best battle items
- Eject Button: Eject Button instantly teleports Eldegoss a short distance of your choice, this item has a 70-second cooldown. This is by far the best battle item to use on Eldegoss. This lets to reposition quickly, giving her the ability to escape fights (or sometimes go into fights) quickly.
- Fluffy Tail: A niche, but surprisingly strong Battle Item choice is Fluffy Tail. Fluffy Tail stops a wild Pokémon from being able to act for a few seconds. It greatly increases the damage done to them. This item has a 25-second cooldown. This works well with Eldegoss, because he can use Fluffy Tail on objectives such as Drednaw, Rotom or Zapdos. So, one can defeat them faster.
- Slow Smoke: Since Eldegoss already has a lot of survivability, one could choose to use Slow Smoke instead. When Slow Smoke is used, it decreases the movement speed of all opponents within a wide circular radius of the user. This item can be very beneficial in team fights, as it lets you slow down multiple opponents. Then, one can shield and heal the entire team, making team fights work strongly in favour.
Pokémon Unite Eldegoss Gameplay Tips
Our Pokémon Unite Eldegoss guide includes the perfect game plan for the early and late game during the Unite battles.
- Eldegoss doesn’t do much until Drednaw spawns. In the first few minutes of the game, his only job is to constantly poke at your enemies with Leafage and basic attacks, as well as keep to keep the lane partner alive.
- During the early game, Eldegoss doesn’t have much defensive capabilities. Therefore, he must make sure to stay with the lane partner, and space yourself, when a bit behind them so they can protect you from taking damage.
- Once Drednaw spawns, one should be around level 6 and have both Cotton Guard and Pollen Puff. They must make sure to ping for backup once Drednaw spawns because with Eldegoss, taking Drednaw is a piece of cake!
- Late Game is when Eldegoss has a large impact on the game, as long as he sticks near the team and position yourself so that assassin-type Pokémon like Greninja can’t kill you. Thus, taking objectives should be easy.
- Make sure to get the timing of using cotton guard right. If he uses it at the correct time that one ability can win your team fight. In my opinion, they find it best to use it as soon as an enemy Pokémon attacks the team, as they will usually follow up with the attack.
Positioning of Eldegoss
Eldegoss’ best lane is by far the bottom lane, with the strong healing and defensive abilities, it helps your lane partner stay alive for an absurd amount of time to defend their goal.
Only rotate when your teammates are as well, the golden rule of playing support is to never be alone, especially when playing a Pokémon like Eldegoss. Luckily, it’s easy to stick with your team since Eldegoss has the highest movement speed in the game, and moves even faster with EXP share equipped.
Eldegoss with other Pokémon
Our Pokémon Unite guide will also look at the combination of Eldegoss with Pokémon during Unite battles.
Best synergies with Eldegoss
|Lucario||The best two-Pokémon combo in the game, Lucario is already broken. When paired with Eldegoss, one get an unkillable monster that can fight anyone with ease.|
|Zeraora||One of the most personal favourites as it presents a great complementation to each other. Zeraora doesn’t have much health, but has insane damage. One must pair that with Eldegoss to take a 2v5 easily.|
|Garchomp||Garchomp thrives on elongated fights thanks to its passive basic attack ability. Eldegoss is able to keep Garchomp alive in lane till the late game, where it is able to fight entire teams with an Eldegoss keeping it alive.|
|Wigglytuff||A funny combo which can do with friends. Pollen Puff the Wigglytuff, while using Sing and then he is free to kill the opposing Pokémon while they rage and button mash, trying to escape as soon as possible.|
Pokemon which are strong and weak against Eldegoss
|Strong against||Weak against|
Eldegoss: Tips and tricks to master
This guide will also discuss some tips and tricks for playing the supportive Eldegoss in Pokémon Unite.
- A envision to play support is the fact that as a healer support, he is not helping the teammates level up but rather preventing them from dying and giving the enemy team more XP, you’re basically the “anti-carry“.
- One could use Pollen Puff more as an offensive ability and aim for the enemies than done with the teammates. This is because all the teammates will have the small delay time to get in range of the enemy and heal themselves. Also, because a player would consistently want to heal himself using Shell Bell.
- Despite being a ranged healer, Eldegoss is very forgiving of misposition or make mistakes, as one would usually end up living anyway. Eldegoss has a surprising amount of HP, Def and SP Def and speed for a healer support. Eldegoss’ passive “Cotton Down” has the ability to reflect damage, slow, heal you and increase the movement upon taking burst damage, making Eldegoss even more unkillable for the enemies.
- As one has got higher in the ranks, he feels that it has gotten easier and easier to climb with Eldegoss. Eldegoss is a very team-fight-oriented character. Since, players in Expert and below won’t always rotate for Drednaw, a player has to rely on winning lane and poking the enemies to death to win games.
- If one is confident in being able to carry, he could try an offensive Eldegoss build. This is where, the abilities of Leaf Tornado and Cotton Guard and the Held Items of Focus Band, Muscle Band and Wise Glasses. With this build, one can easily poke the opponents and kite back and forth with the extra movement speed from Leaf Tornado.
- Eldegoss’ Unite move, “Cotton Cloud Crash” is extremely useful and can be used in a few different ways. He can use the slam behind enemies to displace them from their goal into your team and kill them. One can also use it to steal/secure objectives. But the best way to use it is in a team fight, one must try to land on as many allies and enemies as possible. This is to make sure it gives as much value in the fight as possible.
- Save the Unite Move for Zapdos. This is an easily overlooked aspect of the game that can change the entire outcome of the game, by saving your Unite Move for Zapdos, it ensures that he can secure the objective and win the game.
- One must make sure to check the map before Zapdos spawns. They must look around in the bushes surrounding Zapdos to ensure there are no sneaky enemies waiting to steal it.
- Score goals with the teammates. Own teammates will defend Eldegoss on the goal point and the goal timer will go faster if you have more teammates standing on the point.
- When playing Eldegoss, one may prefer using Leaf Tornado over Pollen Puff. Pollen Puff has the only abilities that can heal an ally Pokémon. But, depending on the team composition, he could want to use the Leaf Tornado instead. When playing with a majority of melee Pokémo, one could use Pollen Puff. But when playing with a majority of long-range attackers, one may want to use Leaf Tornado instead. This is because the long-range attackers will be able to kite easier from the extra movement speed, whereas with Pollen Puff, the ally melee Pokémon will engage on the opposing Pokémon with Pollen Puff attached to it. Therefore, hopefully winning the trade since the ally is in range of the Pollen Puffs heal and the opposing Pokémon is damaged by it.
- If Pollen Puff does not attach to a Pokémon, it will stay on the ground, then explode after a few seconds, still applying its effects to nearby Pokémon. One can attach the Pollen puff to oneself by using the ability and targeting the ground next, then walking into the Pollen Puff to attach it to yourself. This can be helpful if a player is low on health and needs healing.
- Prioritise staying near allies that have lots of kills and can carry. It is important to prioritise healing, these allies because the chances of the other allies playing well and staying alive aren’t as likely. Also, the damage-focused Pokémon tend to have less Health and Defences. This means that they do best with a Healer keeping them from dying.
- Eldegoss is an excellent pick, if he is going to be playing with people you can communicate with (EG through call). This is because, one can communicate with the allies to prioritise objectives and with Eldegoss’ AOE heals and shields. Thus, completing objectives should be an easy task.
Eldegoss is very underrated and super easy to play. It is a Pokémon that can win games consistently, if played correctly. Eldegoss is a defensive healer that specialises in team fights. When played correctly, Eldegoss can keep teammates alive for absurd amounts of time, win every trade with enemy Pokémon by out-poking them, thus winning every team fight. I hope this guide inspires more people to play Eldegoss and gives some insight into how to play this loveable cotton ball Pokémon!
That’s all for today’s Pokémon Unite Eldegoss Guide. Do you prefer to use Eldegoss in any other way? Let us know in the comment section below!