MapleStory, the iconic free-to-play global MMORPG from Nexon, has now launched Neo: Darkness Ascending update, Part One of its summer update. This is the largest content update to the game in 2021. Neo Part One adds an all-new area, Cernium, increases the max level to 300, and offers special limited-time events today. Moreover, this update adds a new Nova Archer job, Kain, on June 23rd, 2021.
First of all, a new Nova Archer job – the Darkness Chaser, Kain joins the game on June 23rd, 2021. Kain is a powerful archer, fighting to recover his lost past after discovering that his organization has betrayed him. Using the Whispershot, a one-handed weapon, with various melee weapons from his Weapon Belt, Kain commands an effective and flexible weapons mastery to wreak critical hits on his enemies.
About the Maplestory Neo: Darkness Ascending update
As a part of this update, the border between the two worlds in Maplestory has disappeared. And now Cernium, the City of the Gods, has come back. New area Cernium is now available in-game and this brings new challenges and quests to all players. Moreover, a special power called Sacred Power is now available which will aid in the battle against monsters inhabiting the Grandis Continent. Sacred Power is acquired by equipping Sacred Symbols, which can be enhanced to increase Sacred Power as well as the main stats in the game.
Also, the maximum character level is now increased from 275 to 300. The amount of EXP required to level up between levels 210-250 has been reduced as well. The update also includes increased EXP rewards for Arcane River quests. Furthermore, it modifies the character death penalty to a decreased drop rate percentage instead of overall experience lost.
Part One of the Maplestory Neo update also brings the new Neo Castle event to MapleStory. Neo Castle is an area shrouded in mystery in the game. This was formed when Maple World and Grandis World combined and created a space to enjoy a series of new events with the following features and shops available now:
- Neo Stone Shop: Players can exchange Neo Stones for a variety of improvements that can be used to enhance items and boost character growth
- The Neo Gem Shop: Neo Gems are earned by playing one of the many new mini-games, and can be used to buy special cosmetic items
- Neo Core Shop: Neo Cores can be collected by battling bosses and can be used to purchase a variety of rare items
- Neo Meso Shop: The Meso shop is stocked full of powerful items that can be purchased using Mesos
More features coming in this Maplestory Neo: Darkness Ascending update
Burning World and Tera Burning
Burning World and Tera Burning events have returned to support speedy player growth. This will allow players to create and designate burning characters who will gain 1+2 levels each time they level up, to Level 150 and Level 200 respectively. For this, they will receive additional level-up rewards, and earn the 17-Star Unique Absolab weapon.
The Better Maple Project
This update brings a host of new improvements for overall improved gameplay under the Better Maple project including:
- The V Matrix has been improved for easier use for the players in-game.
- Boss Battles have been improved and a new boss entry system has been added. This will be allowing players to move to the waiting area immediately from the current channel simply by selecting the boss, difficulty, and pressing “GO”
- Skill Tooltips have been widened for better legibility and understanding of skill descriptions
- Equipped item functionality has been improved, allowing players the ability to compare equipped items with other items linked in chat
- The Clean Slate Scroll has been updated. While in possession, it is changed to a Pure Clean Slate Scroll to protect the item from being destroyed when it fails
- A Notification has been added to alert players when Safeguard is automatically disabled during Star Force enhancement
- Meso Market trades that are in progress for other characters in the same world have been updated and can be viewed in addition to canceling or receiving trades
- The Meso Market’s daily listing limit has been increased to 20
- Maplers can now purchase Mu Gong’s Soul Shard from the Mu Lung Dojo Point Shop
Are you excited about the Maplestory Neo: Darkness Ascending update? Do let us know in the comments!
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, and Google News for quick updates.