Pokemon Go developers Niantic have officially released exciting details about the upcoming Pokemon Go Fest 2021. The announcement was made back in April and a couple of months later, the Trainers have the details regarding the major event. The eventual Pokemon Go Fest 2021 Raid Day is set to be live on Sunday, 18th of July, 2021. Along with this, they have also released the updates coming to Raid Battles in Pokémon Go. However, this is in celebration of four years of Raid Battles and five years of Pokémon Go, which makes it even more special.
Pokemon Go Fest 2021: Raid Day Details
Niantic has confirmed that this year, Pokemon Go Fest will feature all the Legendary Pokémon discovered in Pokemon Go ever since the launch in the upcoming Pokemon Go Fest 2021 Raid Day. Each Legendary Pokemon will be appearing in five-star raids during one of four themed hours on a rotation throughout the second day of the Fest. The list includes as follows:
- During Wind Hour, occurring from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. local time, Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Latias, Latios, Regigigas, Altered Forme Giratina, Cresselia, Virizion, and Therian Forme Tornadus will be appearing in five-star raids.
- With the Lava Hour, occurring from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. local time, Moltres, Entei, Regirock, Groudon, Heatran, Reshiram, Terrakion, Therian Forme Landorus, and Yveltal will be appearing in five-star raids.
- During Frost Hour, occurring from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, Articuno, Suicune, Lugia, Regice, Kyogre, Palkia, and Kyurem will be appearing in five-star raids. Plus, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf will be appearing in five-star raids in the regions that they normally appear in!
- In the Thunder Hour, occurring from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time, Zapdos, Raikou, Registeel, Rayquaza, Dialga, Cobalion, Therian Forme Thundurus, Zekrom, and Xerneas will be appearing in five-star raids.
- Mythical Pokémon will not be appearing in five-star raids.
Confirmed by Niantic, all Trainers will be able to participate in this event regardless of whether they have a Pokémon Go Fest 2021 ticket, the ticket holders will enjoy some benefits which are given as follows:
- Get an extra 10,000 XP for winning a Raid Battle.
- Spin Gym Photo Discs to earn up to 10 Raid Passes. These can be used for in-person raids.
- Complete Timed Research to earn up to eight Remote Raid Passes. These can be used to join a raid remotely.
- Pick up an event bundle containing three Remote Raid Passes. The bundle will be available in the shop on Sunday, July 18, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time.
Upcoming Raid Battle Updates in Pokemon Go
Raid Battles have been extremely fun to have in the game, and Niantic has left no reason to complain anything about it by introducing a fresh update to the Raid Battles. This summer, Raid Battles will see the following updates.
This is going to be introduced to celebrate Trainers of all levels for taking part in a raid. For example, after a raid, Trainers who dealt the most damage or used a Mega-Evolved Pokémon will be exhibited for being the valuable participants in the battle. Complete certain actions during it and players can grant them.
Here’s a list of accomplishments that can earn the player a Trainer Achievement after a raid:
- Delivering the final attack of the battle.
- Dealing the most damage overall.
- Keeping a single Pokémon in the battle for the longest time of all participants.
- Using the tallest Pokémon among all participants in the battle
- Joining the raid from the furthest distance.
- Using a Mega-Evolved Pokémon during the battle.
- Changing your avatar’s clothing or pose.
- Using the most Charged Attacks of all participants.
Art and user experience updates
Along with Trainer Achievements, the Art and UX updates are also coming to raids. With this, the overall look of Raid Battles will be getting a makeover ahead of the summer. The stadium where Raid Battles take place will have a whole new look, and there will be other visual updates as well.
What are your thoughts on the Pokemon Go Fest 2021 and the Raid Day Battles and updates? Do let us know in the comments below!