Beginning today, Rocket League Sideswipe will begin its Season 5, as announced by Psyonix. Along with a return of Volleyball mode in Competitive/Ranked mode, the new season features a brand-new Rocket Pass, Rewards, and more. Read on for more details revealed in this Patch.
Rocket League Sideswipe Season 5: New additions
The Rocket Pass from this season will be based on a futuristic theme. Brand-new cars and items will be included in this Rocket Pass:
- Chikara G1 Car
- Holo Data Goal Explosion
- Masamune Cars
- ROBO-Visor Topper
- Hexphase Boost
Ranked Rewards from Season 4
Some rewards such as Quick Chat Stickers and Titles will be given away to the players. This will be based on the Competitive rank, which players finished in the previous Season 4.
Players will now have more control over the car’s look and paint, as the developers have re-designed the Garage and Loadout UI.
Players have added a button to randomize player distribution in private matches, during team selection.
The developers have noticed that players love to smash cars. They can go ahead and try the experimental mutator in Private Matches. The developers have left it to the players to decide whether they want it to stay!
Rocket League Sideswipe Season 5: Changes and updates
- Volleyball mode returns in the Competitive Mode rotation.
- Friends List: The developers have added a friend list in the game, where they can see the status of their friends. They can queue in, for a Doubles match and more.
- News and Updates Panel: The look of the News and Updates section in the game has been updated.
- UI: The developers have included some localized text positioning
- Challenges crash has been addressed.
- Miscellaneous art polish is added on some in-game items
- Bots shouldn’t send quick chats post-match anymore.
That’s all about the new content coming with this current season of RL SideSwipe!
What are your thoughts on the Rocket League Sideswipe Season 5? Let us know in the comments below!