After a critical hit on PC and consoles with more than 2.5 Million downloads, Dotemu, Lizardcube, and Guard Crush Games have partnered with Playdigious to bring Streets of Rage 4, which is now up for pre-registration on iOS and Android devices. Players will get to help Axel, Blaze, Adam, and all their friends get rid of a new threat everywhere they go on May 24th, 2022.
Fight against the crimelords along with your friends in Street of Rage 4
Streets of Rage comes back for a sequel 25 years after the last episode. In this edition, a new crime syndicate seems to have taken control of the streets and corrupted the police. All you have to fight against them is your friends and your fists! Critically acclaimed (over 85 on Metacritic), Streets of Rage 4 won several awards and was nominated as Best Action Games at the 2020 Game Awards. Here are the key features of this upcoming Action title:
- Rediscover the classic beat’em up Streets of Rage Franchise with new fight mechanics
- Get thrilled by the Retro hand-drawn comics-inspired artistic direction by the studio behind Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap serving juicy animations & vivid FX
- Unlock up to 5 new & emblematic playable characters and fight your way through 12 various stages to bring back order to the streets
- Challenge yourself and your friends in different modes: Story, Training, Arcade…
- Listen to a new Electro OST with world-class musicians like Olivier Derivière and legend Yuzo Koshiro
- Get retro with up to 13 alternative retro characters, secret retro levels or choose the SoR1&2 OST and enable the Retro Pixel graphics!
However, the multiplayer mode will not be available at launch but will come in a free update after release. There will be a Revamped mobile interface along with Game Center achievements. Also, there will be iCloud where you can share your progress between iOS devices.