With many big League of Legends: Wild Rift tournaments happening around the globe, the world’s largest Esports company ESL, known as Riot Games’ appointed tournament partners, has announced a tournament open for players from the Nordic regions and Ireland. The ESL Wild Rift Premiership tournament is scheduled to start on April 20, 2021.
About ESL Wild Rift Premiership 2021
The event will feature open qualifiers so everyone can join as long they meet the requirements as well as an eight-team round-robin group stage and playoffs. This will be the region’s very first competitive tournament yet it features a prize pool of £5000. Moreover, it will be broadcast online on different platforms which will soon be announced.
Dan Ellis, the Partnership Director for ESL UK, expressed his excitement for the event:
For more information about the tournament, check out the details below.
How to join the ESL Wild Rift Premiership Tournament?
The tournament will feature an open qualifier and anyone from the Nordic regions (Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom) and Ireland can join the tournament as long they meet the requirements:
- Teams must have at least 5 and no more than 8 players
- Players must enter their Wild Rift ID game ID
- Players must be at least 16 years old
Moreover, the open qualifiers start at 12:00 GMT on April 3 and 4. While the finals are scheduled to be held on Saturday and Sunday, June 19 and 20. Here is more information about the tournament:
- Double Elimination
- Best of 3
- Game: League of Legends: Wild Rift
- Game Mode: Custom – Draft Pick 5v5
- All Champions Allowed
- Lobby Creation: The lower seeded team will create the game lobby and invite their opponents for game 1
- Side Selection: The higher seeded team has side selection for game 1. The loser of each game has a side selection for the following game
- All teams must have a representative in the ESL Wild Rift Discord server
- Teams must have a minimum of 5 players
- Players cannot be registered to more than one team
- All players must be from the following countries: Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom. Players from any other country are not eligible to take part in this tournament
- Players must be over 16 years of age
- Due to the lack of a pause feature in game, disconnecting from the game will not result in a stoppage of gameplay. Players must reconnect to the game as soon as possible
- Server issues that require a full game restart will be done so with the same champion bans and picks
If interested and for more detailed information regarding the tournament’s general and system rules, check the tournament’s registration link is here.
What happens to the winner of the tournament?
The top 4 of the tournament will earn a spot on the ESL Wild Rift Premiership Spring 2021 season. Also, they will win a corresponding money prize to their place from the £5,000 prize pool.
What do you think about the ESL Wild Rift Premiership 2021? Do let us know in the comments below!