ALICE Fiction is a fast-paced Puzzle RPG game on the market. It is developed by WonderPlanet Inc., and it brings a different take on puzzle games with it. In this beginners guide, we will discuss what this game is, its benefits for new players, how new players can progress, and so on. Puzzle games, like MMOs and RPG games, have become saturated. ALICE Fiction is a breath of fresh air in the genre. In this beginners guide, we are going to take a look at the basic gameplay and tips of ALICE Fiction, and help new players get a headstart.
The story of this game takes place in a digital world. This world is called the Metaverse of ALICE. In this Metaverse, we are an Avatar, our digital selves. All our memories of the metaverse are stored in a database. These stored memories are known as World Memories. One day, like any other, when we are browsing the Metaverse, an error makes the whole thing glitch and break out.
This error code locks us out, but the mother AI resolves the problem, and we log back in. When we log back in, we come to know that we have forgotten all about the Metaverse, we don’t even remember if we have logged into it before. Supposedly we have a little sister in this Metaverse, and we cannot remember her either. It is here that the gameplay begins.
Introducing the basics of ALICE Fiction
The main gameplay of this game is kind of like Candy Crush but better and contains more action. After we are done with the story tutorial, we have to defeat a monster that has appeared in the Metaverse due to the error. We beat this monster by breaking panels on screen.
These panels contain the faces of our characters that we own, and breaking them helps our characters on screen to attack the enemy. Breaking 3+ panels of the same character (like in Candy Crush or similar games) leads to that character unleashing a special attack. These special attacks are devastating, so breaking 3+ panels as often as possible should be the goal.
A small but very important part of the above gameplay is the timer. There is a timer that runs out when it is our turn. So, it is very important to ensure that we break as many 3+ and singular panels as we can within the time limit. If we don’t, our character’s attacks will be way weaker.
Skills are special effects on our characters. These can also be called buffs. These skills can be used to help our entire team. These include buffs for our characters, as well as debuffing other characters, and so on.
A restricting factor that limits the playtime in ALICE Fiction is the energy. The energy system here allows players to store a ton of energy. Once the energy runs out completely, we have to wait for it to recharge, or else we can also buy it from the store.
After completing a few quests at the beginning, the Auto Play feature becomes available for future battles. This is useful for quick play sessions.
World Memories are the memories of our avatar. These memories are a part of the main storyline and some side quests as well. These memories are also made up of different levels, with 5-star World Memories being the highest rarity. These 5-star World Memories can also be obtained through a gacha banner.
Completing the Quests
The main objective of quests in ALICE Fiction is to unlock different parts of the game. This game contains a bunch of different questlines. The main questline among them is the Primary Story Quests. World Memories are also unlocked by completing a few quests right at the beginning.
The early, beginning stages of the game revolve around completing them to unlock different parts of the game, as said before. The following are the different parts of the game we can unlock:
- Resource Quests: Unlocked by completing Quest 1-6. These Quests are for gathering resources like Experience.
- The Underground: Unlocked by completing Main Quest 03-01 (Normal).
- Memory Search: Unlocked by completing Main Quest 01-10 (Normal).
- Event Quests: Unlocked by completing Main Quest 01-09 (Normal).
- Battle Arena: Unlocked by completing Main Quest 04-07 (Normal). This is the PvP aspect of ALICE Fiction.
- Team Hunt: Unlocked by joining a team.
Utilizing in-game Gacha
The characters that we get in ALICE Fiction are obtained through a gacha system. These characters have 3 rarities:
- 1-star: The most common characters, are generally weak characters.
- 2-star: Stronger than the 1-star characters, but weaker than 3-star characters. Good characters with a variety of powers.
- 3-star: The 3-star characters are the strongest in the game. These characters have game-changing special attacks, and they can turn battles around single-handedly.
All of these characters can be obtained through different gacha banners. Along with this, all of these characters can also be upgraded. For this, there is a different gacha banner known as the “Everyday Gacha“. The things required for these upgrades are the spare parts. These spare parts consist of different things in the Metaverse that were used by previous users of ALICE.
Understanding the in-game Resources and Accessories
ALICE Fiction has a few different collectible resources. The primary objective of one of these resources is to use them in the gacha. Let’s take a look at what these resources are:
- Energy: A core element of the gameplay of this game. Can be obtained for free through recharging, or can be bought from the Store with real money.
- Coins: Coins are used to upgrade our characters. Once we gather enough materials to upgrade them, we can use coins to complete the upgrade.
- Gems: Gems are the premium currency of ALICE Fiction. They are used for drawing gacha lotteries in bundles instead of single pulls.
- Gacha Cards: These cards are used for single pulls in the character gacha. They can be obtained through gameplay, but are rare.
ALICE Fiction Beginners Guide: Tips and Tricks
Here are some of our tips in our ALICE Fiction Beginners Guide to help you, newbies, to kickstart your journey.
- Always collect the free gacha character that is available every day.
- Use energy only for the quests you want to do. Essentially using energy for the Main Quests is the best option. After completing these, using them for Resource Quests is the best.
- Do single pulls in the gacha banners if you are a free-to-play player.
- Store up gems during the events that award gems. Only then spend them for a 10-pull in the gacha, so that you get a 3-star guarantee.
- During the gameplay, breaking individual panels so that 3+ panels of the same characters are in line, is important. Just mashing the panels won’t do the trick.
- Endgame content is still a long way away, so new players should just focus on learning the game properly, and not worry about the endgame right now.
So go ahead and give it a try! If you find trouble, don’t hesitate to fall back on this ALICE Fiction beginners guide for tips.
That’s all from us for the ALICE Fiction Beginners Guide! Did you find our ALICE Fiction beginners guide helpful? Do let us know in the comments!