Genius Invokation TCG has been released in Version 3.3 Update of Genshin Impact and players have since then been positively enthusiastic and passionate about this permanent card game being implemented. TCG in itself seems simple to navigate on the surface level but once players are heavily involved, they will notice the abundance of content and challenges to do in the game. In this Genshin Impact Genius Invokation TCG Challenges Guide, we will be explaining the Player level ascension challenges as well as how to obtain some of the Character Cards through Tavern challenges.
- Player Level Ascension Challenges in Genius Invokation TCG
- Tavern Card Challenges in Genius Invokation TCG
Player Level Ascension Challenges in Genius Invokation TCG
Once your Player Level reaches a certain level, players should go and seek out the cat named ‘Prince’ in Cat’s Tail and talk to him. An option dialogue will pop up that states about the Ascension Challenges.
Players can now complete the Ascension Challenges to keep increasing their Player Level and unlock various features such as more levels, NPCs to duel, and other obtainable rewards. Prince will be your opponent during these Ascension Challenges. Read this Genshin Impact Genius Invokation TCG Challenges Guide to know about all the challenges in detail.
Ascension Challenge I
- Opponent Character Cards: Electro Hilichurl Shooter, Hydro Samachurl, Cryo Hilichurl Shooter
- Suggestion: As it is an early game, the challenge will not be hard to win. Using the basic and obtained character cards given such as Kaeya, Sucrose, Diluc, and Fischl are eligible cards to be in your main Deck. Be advised that Prince will pop up with 2 more Character Cards once the others are defeated. Your opponent will bring in an Electro Hilichurl Shooter and then an Ice Shieldwall Mitachurl at the end.
Ascension Challenge II
- Opponent Character Cards: Hilichurl Berserker, Cryo Abyss Mage, Crackling Axe Mitachurl
- Suggestion: Your opponent will use the Hilichurl Berserker first but then quickly switch to the Cryo Abyss Mage Card once the other Card is low on HP. The Cryo Abyss Mage is the main card you should be focusing on defeating as one of its moves applies Cryo to your active Character Card.
Ascension Challenge III
- Opponent Character Cards: Kairagi: Fiery Might, Kairagi: Dancing Thunder, Kairagi: Fiery Might
- Suggestion: Both types of Kairagis deal heavy damage to your active Character card, enabling Pyro and Electro to your cards. The best recommendation is to bring Cryo and Hydro Character Cards to enable perma-freeze and quickly defeat the opponent’s Character cards before taking any heavy damage.
As of now players can only reach up to level 7 and complete till Ascension Challenge III.
Tavern Card Challenges in Genius Invokation TCG
Players can unlock and obtain some Enemy Character Cards through Tavern Card Challenges. Visit Prince in Cat’s Tail and talk to him. Once you click on one of the dialogue options, ‘Start Tavern Card Challenge’ the game will show you a total of 6 Tavern Card Challenges that can be played. Each challenge opponent is a different Cat depending on the Character Card. They all have different Deck line-ups which can be viewed beforehand so players can prepare on what Deck they will be using.
1. The Oceanid’s Concern
- Deck: Rhodeia of Loch
- Opponent: Finnick
Reach Player Level 3 in order to play the challenge. Rhodeia of Loch is immune to Frozen, Stun and Petrification and gains Elemental Lifeform: Hydro when the battle begins and starts with the Talent Card “Streaming Surge” equipped. The Character Card has about 30 HP.
- Achieve Victory to unlock the Rhodeia of Loch Character Card.
- Achieve victory within 5 rounds or win with less than 2 characters defeated to obtain Streaming Surge Equipment Card.
- Suggestion: Rhodeia of Loch will summon 2 Oceanid Mimics that will deal Hydro damage for the whole round. After each round, it will summon a new set of Oceanid Mimics to deal Hydro damage each turn. The best bet is to use Character Cards that can deal Cryo and Electro damage. Fischl Character Card is a recommended Card to use due to her summoning Oz on the game and dealing Electro damage to the Mimics. Both ‘Send Off’ and ‘Guadian’s Oath’ is good Action Cards to use in order to destroy the summons.
2. Agent’s Test
- Deck: Fatui Pyro Agent 2x
- Opponent: Little Rose
Reach Player Level 4 in order to play the challenge. The Character Card ‘Fatui Pyro Agent’ will start with the Talent Card ‘Paid in Full’ equipped. The Opponent will have 2 Fatui Pyro Agents in its deck with each card having 10 HP.
- Achieve Victory to unlock the Fatui Pyro Agent Character Card.
- Achieve victory within 5 rounds or win with less than 2 characters defeated to obtain Paid in Full Equipment Card.
- Suggestion: The Fatui Pyro Agent will keep using its Elemental Skill and enable Stealth. Try to avoid getting your Active Character hit with Stealth as it deals +1 every turn. Another deadly move to avoid is the Elemental Burst. Use Character Cards such as Fischl and Rhodeia of Loch to take advantage of the summons and equip them with lots of Food stored to heal.
3. Mirror Maiden’s Journey
- Deck: Mirror Maiden 2x
- Opponent: Baobab
Reach Player Level 5 to play the challenge. The Mirror Maiden Character Card starts the challenge with the ‘Mirror Cage’ equipped. The Opponent will have 2 Mirror Maidens in its deck with each card having 10 HP.
- Achieve Victory to unlock the Mirror Maiden Character Card.
- Achieve victory within 5 rounds or win with less than 2 characters defeated to obtain Mirror Cage Equipment Card.
- Suggestion: The Mirror Maidens deal Hydro damage and will cause your Active Character Card to be inflicted with Refraction. As the Mirror Cage Talent Card is equipped on the Mirror Maidens, not only will your inflicted Character Card will take +1 Hydro damage, the Elemental Die Cost will increase to +1 when you switch your Character cards. It’s best to use some Action Cards that reduce the cost of Elemental Dice.
4. Stonehide Lawachurl’s Rest
- Deck: Stonehide Lawachurl
- Opponent: Baobab
Reach Player Level 6 to play the challenge. The Stonehide Lawachurl Character Card starts the challenge with the ‘Stonehide Reforged’ equipped. The Opponent will have only 1 Stonehide Lawachurl in its deck with the Card having 16 HP.
- Achieve Victory to unlock the Stonehide Lawachurl Character Card.
- Achieve victory within 5 rounds or win with less than 2 characters defeated to obtain ‘Stonehide Reforged’ Equipment Card.
- Suggestion: The Stonehide Lawachurl will continuously deal Physical damage to your Active Character Card.When the challenge begins the character card will gain both Stonehide and Stone Force. Both will decrease damage taken for the Opponent and converts the Player’s Cards with Geo damage. It is recommended to stock up with Food-related Action Cards in order to tank in the onslaught of big physical attacks.
5. Maguu Kenki’s Origin
- Deck: Maguu Kenki, Nobushi: Kikouban 2x
- Opponent: Sneku
Reach Player Level 7 to play the challenge. The Maguu Kenki is immune to Frozen, Stun, and Petrification and starts with the Talent Card ‘Transcendent Automaton’ equipped. Both the Nobushi: Kikoubans have 6 HP each. Maguu Kenki on the other hand has 20 HP.
- Achieve Victory to unlock the Maguu Kenki Character Card.
- Achieve victory within 5 rounds or win with less than 2 characters defeated to obtain ‘Transcendent Automaton’ Equipment Card.
- Suggestion: Both the Nobushi and Kikoubans deal both Physical and Electro damage to your Active Character Cards. Due to the passive, the Cards can constantly proc Iai: Thrust Skill which deals high Physical damage. Maguu Kenki is a tough opponent to beat due to the Combat Talent Card that is equipped. Whenever the Maguu Kenki uses the Blustering Blade it will force you to switch your Active Character card to another and you will be enabled to change until the Maguu Kenki uses Frosty Assault. It is recommended that Players use a full Geo Deck with Noelle being the main damage dealer. Make sure you equip Action Cards such as Liben, Iron Tongue Tian, and Timmie.
6. Jadeplume Terrorshroom’s Parade
- Deck: Jadeplume Terrorshroom
- Opponent: Night Pilot
Reach Player Level 7 to play the challenge. The Jadeplume Terrorshroom is immune to Frozen, Stun, and Petrification and starts with the Talent Card ‘Proliferating Spores’ equipped. The Jadeplume Terrorshroom has about 36 HP.
- Achieve Victory to unlock the Jadeplume Terrorshroom Character Card.
- Achieve victory within 5 rounds or win with less than 2 characters defeated to obtain ‘Proliferating Spores’ Equipment Card.
- Suggestion: The Jadeplume Terrorshroom will gain Radical Vitality and deal high amounts of Dendro damage when it uses its Elemental Burst. The Character Card will be in a constant battle state of using its Elemental Skill and gaining Radical Vitality due to its Talent Card. Once it gains all stacks it will unleash the Elemental Burst. Overall using Pyro and Electro Character Cards is recommended especially using Xiangling due to her Guoba summon.
That’s all for the Player Level Ascension and Tavern Card challenges in Genshin Impact Genius Invokation TCG.
Did you like our Genshin Impact Genius Invokation TCG Challenges Guide? Let us know in the comments below!