Redeem Codes, be it for getting freebies in a game or purchase, always come in handy for us players. Whether you have received a gift card from a friend, or a promotional code, or want to make in-app purchases with a code, there is an option to redeem them on your device via Google Play Store. So, to help you with the steps on achieving so, this guide will walk you through how to redeem codes via the Google Play Store on your Android device.
Google Play Store Redeem Codes
Google Play Store doesn’t offer a direct method for users to generate or obtain redeem codes. Typically, developers and Google organize promotional events or contests, distributing codes for free apps or in-app items. Alternatively, for such rewards, you can also purchase Google Play gift cards from authorized retailers, which come with a redemption code for adding credit.
So, to earn these redeem codes, participate in app giveaways by developers or content creators, engage in surveys or tasks on certain apps/websites for redeem codes, and look out for in-app promotions offering codes. So summed up, you can get Google Play gift codes by email, physical gift cards, or other methods as well.
How to redeem codes on your Android device via Google Play Store
The following steps can be followed to purchase a game or even an in-game item via Redeem Code.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your device.
- On the top right corner, you will find your Profile icon. Click on it to open the options drawer.
- Locate the Payments and Subscriptions option and click on it.
- You shall find multiple options for payments. Among them, click on the Redeem Code option.
- It will open the section where you can enter the code you have. Direct copy and paste the code since they are case-sensitive.
You can also scan a physical gift card by tapping the Scan gift card option available just below the text box. Another step is to directly search for a game for which you have a redeem code and then follow the steps given when you get the payment option.