Riot Games just revealed the latest event for Legends of Runeterra. There’s a host of new things coming with it, including an event pass, new lab, epic quests, and card balance changes. In this Legends of Runeterra Spirit Blossom event guide, we will go through each one of them in detail.
Epic quests and petals in Legends of Runeterra Spirit blossom event
You will progress and unlock rewards using the event’s currency called petals. You can obtain petals by completing limited-time event quests. Your first win of the day will give you four petals, plus an additional petal for every win after that. There is also a series of quests that appear in the event lab. These quests unlock in sequence and will give more petals.
All about the Event Pass in Legends of Runeterra Spirit Blossom event
The event pass works pretty much like a battle pass, which is a commonly used system in a lot of games. There is a free rewards path. If the path is completed then you will earn a new icon, two new emotes, 3000 shards, an epic wildcard, a new card back, and a random champion.
Seems pretty good for free-to-play players. Alternatively, you could purchase the premium event pass, which costs 975 coins. In addition to the free rewards mentioned above, you will get another icon, three more emotes, five guardians, an expedition token, three more cards backs, and an extra 5000 shards in the premium event pass
It should be noted that three of the five guardians are variants of existing ones. Don’t worry if you don’t have the original form, you can use the variant regardless.
New Lab in Legends of Runeterra Spirit Blossom event
Along with the event comes a new lab. You will choose from six decks that the lab will offer you. So, like the last lab, this will be great for new players who don’t have much of a card collection. You also start with 30 health instead of the normal 20. And when a unit dies, its stats are given to a random unit in your hand.
Balance Changes in Legends of Runeterra Spirit Blossom event
- Heimerdinger: The dreaded 3/1 elusive turrets have been pushed to 6 mana. The new 3 mana turret is Mk3: Apex Turret, a 3/1 with Fearsome which used to be the 4 mana turret. The new 4 mana turret is Mk4: Stormlobber, a 4/1 with Overwhelm which used to be the 6 mana turret. Lastly, the 6 mana turret is Mk6: Floor-B-Gone, a 6/1 with Elusive.
- Braum: Recently buffed, Braum filled the metagame with a lot of mustaches and Mighty Poros. His base power had been increased to 1 last major balance patch, but will be reverted back to 0 this time. Meaning his leveled up form’s power (which was 2) will now be 1.
- Anivia: Her Eggnivia form will now be 1 health (from 2).
- Shadow Assassin: Base power will go down to 1 (from 2).
- Crimson Disciple: She will now deal 1 to the enemy nexus when she survives damage (down from 2).
- Legion Grenadier: Health increased to 2 (from 1). And his Last Breath will now deal 1 to the enemy nexus instead of 2.
- Relentless Pursuit: Spell speed is now slow (was fast). Naturally, Lucian’s Relentless Pursuit will receive the same change.
- Arena Bookie: Cost reduced to 2 (from 3). Health increased to 2 (from 1).
- Basilisk Rider: Power reduced to 4 (from 5).
- Flash of brilliance: Cost increased to 4 (from 3).
- Sump Dredger: Cost increased to 3 (from 2). New text: to play me, discard 1 and draw 1.
- Zaunite Urchin: New text: to play me, discard 1 and draw 1.
- Steel Tempest: Cost reduced to 2 (from 3). Naturally, Yasuo’s Steel Tempest will receive the same change.
- Rivershaper: Health increased to 2 (from 1).
- Will of Ionia: Cost increased to 5 (from 4). It finally happened! So many content creators have been asking for this one for a long time now.
- Golden Narwhal: Cost reduced to 2 (from 3). Health reduced to 3 (from 4).
- Hunting Fleet: Cost reduced to 4 (from 5). Power and Health reduced to 6 (from 7).
What are the new Shop additions in the Legends of Runeterra Spirit Blossom event?
With this event comes a new board for purchase called Festival Shrine. You can buy it for 1290 coins. They will also add the first deck bundle called Relentless Raiders. The deck will come with the champions Sejuani and Gangplank and will be a midrange type of deck that is based on Plunder effects.
The Legends of Runeterra Spirit Blossom event will run from July 22 at 10:00 a.m. PT to August 19 at 10:00 a.m. PT. It’s quite a large patch which is surprising since it was being expected that another large patch will be coming out in August (the new regional expansion). This event is bringing great cosmetic stuff for veteran players and ways for newer players to catch up. Be ready everyone and good luck collecting those petals.
Please feel free to ask any questions in the comments section below, We’ll make sure to reply to everyone.