Deoxys is a bipedal Pokémon with alien-type features in Pokémon Go. It has four forms and each of them has a different kind of stat. We are going to talk about its normal form in this guide. Deoxys in its normal form has tapering legs with vertical blue stripes on its upper side while the rest of the skin is reddish-orange. Its arm can shape into different forms to fight its enemies. In this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters to defeat Deoxys in a battle raid.
Deoxys in Pokémon Go
Deoxys is a Tier 5 Raid Boss and is a pure Psychic type, which means it is weak towards Bug Dark and Ghost type attacks. This means that players have quite a several options for a counterattack against this Pokémon which has a max CP of 2580.
The best movesets for Deoxys are Zen Headbutt and Hyper Beam. Both of them have a combined DPS of 52.6. This is the best combination that can be used by the Pokémon in Pokémon gyms and PvP battles. Some other decent movesets of Deoxys include Charge Beam, Psycho Boost, and Thunderbolt.
Best counters against Deoxys in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of the best counters that one can use against Deoxys and guarantee themselves a win.
- Gengar(Mega): Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Hydreigon: Bite/Brutal Swing
- Houndoom(Mega): Snarl/Foul Play
- Gyarados(Mega): Bite/Crunch
- Absol(Mega): Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Darkrai: Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Giratina(Origin): Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Chandelure: Hex/Shadow Ball
- Hoopa(Confined): Astonish/Shadow Ball
- Hoopa(Unbound): Astonish/Dark Pulse
- Scizor(Mega): Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
- Yveltal: Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Tyranitar: Bite/Crunch
- Zarude: Bite/Dark Pulse
- Mewtwo: Psycho Cut/Shadow Ball
- Krookodile: Snarl/Crunch
- Genesect: Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
- Trevenant: Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Pheromosa: Bug Bite/Bug Buzz
- Gengar: Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Bisharp: Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Blastoise(Mega): Bite/Hydro Cannon
- Weavile: Snarl/Foul Play
- Regigigas: Hidden Power/Giga Impact
- Incineroar: Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Banette: Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Absol: Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Beedrill(Mega): Bug Bite/X-Scissor
- Scizor: Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
- Raikou: Thunder Shock/Shadow Ball
Players should try to use their best Ghost and Normal types against Deoxys as only the normal form is going to be there for battle as of now. They can use Pokémon like Mewtwo, Gengar, and Zarude in their teams as they are pretty good options against this Pokémon.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Deoxys counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!