Mega Gengar along with five other Pokémon has appeared in Pokémon Go. Mega Gengar is definitely a tough Pokémon to defeat, but like every other tough Pokémon, Mega Gengar also has its vulnerabilities which can be used against it with the best counter moves. We will discuss the best possible raid counters and move sets to defeat Mega Gengar.
Mega Gengar in Pokémon Go
Mega Gengar is a dual-type Ghost and Poison Pokémon. It is extremely vulnerable to Ground, Ghost, Psychic, and Dark Moves which makes it very easy to deal damage to this beast. But strategy and the correct use of moves will still remain the key factor to defeating Darkrai during battle raids.
Mega Gengar Movesets
Mega Gengar has some of the best damage-inflicting moves, its Fast moves include Sucker Punch, Shadow Claw, and Hex. On the other side, Focus Blast, Sludge Bomb, and Shadow Ball are charge moves that can deal lethal damage to the opponents. But these moves can be countered easily if the opponent uses the right strategy and moves at the correct time.
Best counters against Mega Gengar in Pokémon Go
- Mewtwo: Psycho Cut/Psystrike
- Hoopa: Confusion/Psychic
- Hydreigon: Bite/Brutal Swing
- Giratina: Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Gengar: Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Latios: Zen headbutt/Psychic
- Yveltal: Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Darkrai: Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Garchomp: Mud shot/Earth Power
- Excadrill: Mud slap/Drill run
- Landorus: Extrasensory/Earthquake
- Metagross: Zen headbutt/Psychic
- Chandelure: Hex/Shadow ball
- Alakazam: Psycho cut/Psychic
- Tapu Lele: Confusion/Future sight
- Landorus: Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Meloetta: Confusion/Psystrike
- Groudon: Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Zeoxy: Zen headbutt/Dark Pulse
- Gardevoir: Confusion/Psychic
- Exeguttor: Extrasensory/Psychic
- Rhyperior: Mud slap/Earthquake
- Espeon: Confusion/Psychic
- Latias: Zen Headbutt/Psychic
- Tyranitar: Bite/Crunch
- Honchkrow: Snarl/Psychic
- Zarude: Bite/Dark Pulse
- Weavile: Snarl/Foul Play
- Azelf: Confusion/Future Sight
- Gallade: Confusion/Psychic
- Houndoom: Snarl/Foul Play
- Jirachi: Confusion/Psychic
- Rhydon: Mud Slap/Earthquake
These are the best movesets and counters available to effectively defeat Mega Gengar during battle raids in Pokémon Go.
What are your thoughts about our article on Mega Gengar counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!