Rayquaza is a Tier 5 legendary Raid Boss which is a long-in structure, green serpent-like Pokémon. It has yellow eyes along with a pink lining on its mouth. It also has yellow, linked, circular marks around its entire body. It is not a very easy Pokémon to fight against nor is it very tough. So in this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters using which one can defeat Rayquaza in the easiest way possible.
Rayquaza in Pokémon Go
Rayquaza is a dual-type Dragon and Flying with a maximum boss CP of 49808. It is vulnerable to Dragon, Fairy, Ice, and Rock-type attacks. It can be defeated by experienced players if they go in groups of 2 to 4 players while new players will have a chance if they go in groups of 5 players or higher. All of them will need to carry along their best counters for the occasion.
The best moves from the moveset of Rayquaza are Dragon Tail and Outrage. Both of them have a combined DPS of 50.2. It is also the best combination of moves that can be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Other decent attacks from its move pool include Air Slash, Aerial Ace, Ancient Power, Hurricane, and Breaking Swipe.
Best counters against Rayquaza in Pokémon Go
Here’s the list of the best counters that one can use against Rayquaza and guarantee a win for themselves.
- Glalie (Mega): Frost Breath/Avalanche
- Abomasnow (Mega): Powder Snow/Weather Ball
- Gardevoir (Mega): Charm/Dazzling Gleam
- Darmanitan (Galarian Standard): Ice Fang/Avalanche
- Latios (Mega): Dragon Breath/Dragon Claw
- Salamence (Mega): Dragon Tail/Draco Meteor
- Mamoswine: Powder Snow/Avalanche
- Latias (Mega): Dragon Breath/Outrage
- Glaceon: Frost Breath/Avalanche
- Aerodactyl (Mega): Rock Throw/Rock Slide
- Weavile: Ice Shard/Avalanche
- Jynx: Frost Breath/Avalanche
- Mewtwo: Psycho Cut/Ice Beam
- Charizard (Mega X): Dragon Breath/Dragon Claw
- Avalugg: Ice Fang/Avalanche
- Sceptile (Mega): Fury Cutter/Dragon Claw
- Kyurem: Dragon Breath/Blizzard
- Avalugg (Hisuiam): Powder Snow/Blizzard
- Ampharos (Mega): Charge Beam/Dragon Pulse
- Aurorus: Frost Breath/Weather Ball
- Vaniluxe: Frost Breath/Blizzard
- Beatric: Powder Snow/Ice Punch
- Alakazam (Mega): Psycho Cut/Dazzling Gleam
- Porygon-Z: Lock-On/Blizzard
- Articuno: Frost Breath/Ice Beam
- Blastoise (Mega): Water Gun/Ice Beam
- Piloswine: Ice Shard/Avalanche
- Salamence: Dragon Tail/Outrage
- Mr. Time: Ice Shard/Ice Punch
- Genger (Mega): Lick/Shadow Ball
- Altaria (Mega): Dragon Breath/Dazzling Gleam
- Rayquaza: Dragon Tail/Outrage
- Walrein: Frost Breath/Blizzard
- Regice: Frost Breath/Blizzard
- Cloyster: Ice Shard/Avalanche
One thing players should remember while going into battle with Rayquaza is that it has a 2x weakness towards Ice-type attacks. So everyone should try to include their best Ice-type Pokémon in their team along with their other heavy-hitting options in order to ensure their victory.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Rayquaza counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Google News, Instagram, and Twitter for quick updates.