Tapu Koko is a Tier 5 Legendary Raid Boss which is solid black in color along with white markings on its chest and face. Its shoulders have yellow rings and its eyes have yellow markings. The lower body of Tapu Koko is orange and consists entirely of five feather-like appendages. It’s a very difficult opponent to fight with and winning against it won’t be a piece of cake at all. So in this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters to defeat the legendary Tapu Koko with as much ease as possible.
Tapu Koko in Pokémon Go
Tapu Koko is a dual-type Electric and Fairy legendary Pokémon. It has a boss CP of 45438 and is vulnerable to Ground-type attacks the most. It’s a very powerful Pokémon and even experienced players should go with at least 3 to 4 more players in their teams to stand a chance against it. New players don’t have much hope against Tapu Koko but they can always try out their luck with the right counters and with as many trainers as possible.
Tapu Koko Movesets
The best moves from the moveset of Tapu Koko are Volt Switch and Brave Bird. Both of them have a combined DPS of 75.5 and are also the best combination of moves that can be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Other decent attacks from its moveset include Quick Attack, Thunder, Thunderbolt, and Dazzling Gleam.
Best counters against Tapu Koko in Pokémon Go
Here’s the list of the best counters that one can use against Tapu Koko and guarantee a win for themselves.
- Nihilego: Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Landorus (Therian): Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Excadrill: Mud-Slap/Drill Run
- Mamoswine: Mud-Slap/High Horsepower
- Garchomp: Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Rhyperior: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Roserade: Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Landorus: Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Landorus (Incarnate): Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Gengar: Lick/Sludge Bomb
- Krookodile: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Overqwil: Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Rhydon: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Golurk: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Donphan: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Toxicroak: Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Mewtwo: Confusion/Psystrike
- Darkrai: Snarl/Sludge Bomb
- Victreebel: Acid/Sludge Bomb
- Golem: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Gengar (Mega): Lick/Sludge Bomb
- Beedrill (Mega): Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Swampert (Mega): Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Venusaur (Mega): Vine Whip/Sludge Bomb
- Alakazam (Mega): Confusion/Psychic
- Sceptile (Mega): Confusion/Psychic
- Charizard (Mega Y): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Latios (Mega): Zen Headbutt/Psychic
Even though Tapu Koko is a legendary Pokémon, players shouldn’t face much of a problem as long as they have the right set of counters with their maximum level Ground type Pokémon which shouldn’t be a problem as Ground type Pokémons are readily available.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Tapu Koko counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!