Machoke is a Fighting type Pokémon found in Pokémon Go which is the evolved version of Machop. It is found in the Kanto region and evolves when being fed 25 candies and evolves further into Machamp when fed 100 candies. Machoke is a pretty easy raid for most solo players and here’s the guide on some of the best counters to defeat it in Pokémon Go.
Machoke in Pokémon Go
As Machoke is a Fighting type Pokémon, with the maximum CP of 2031, some of its best counters are by Psychic and Flying type Pokemons like Mewtwo, Alakazam, and Moltres to name a few. Players can keep these Pokémons in their team to exploit their weaknesses to the maximum.
The best movesets for Machoke are Karate Chop and Dynamic Punch. Both of these moves add up to the highest DPS possible from this Pokémon, which is 52. These moves are very useful even when players are fighting in Pokémon gyms for PvP battles. Machoke has some very powerful Fast and Charge moves so players need to build a quite strong team before going against it in a Raid.
Best counters against Machoke in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of best counters that you can use against Machoke, and guarantee yourself a win.
- Mewtwo: Psychic/Psystrike
- Hoopa (Unbound): Confusion/Psychic
- Hoopa (Confined): Confusion/Psychic
- Alakazam: Confusion/ Psychic
- Espeon: Confusion/ Psychic
- Tapu Lele: Confusion/ Future Sight
- Latios: Zen Headbutt/ Psychic
- Moltres: Wing Attack/ Sky Attack
- Azelf: Confusion/ Future Sight
- Gardevoir: Confusion/ Dazzling Gleam
- Rayqauza: Air Slash/ Hurricane
- Metagross: Zen Headbutt/ Psychic
- Ha-Oh: Extrasensory/ Brave Bird
- Exeggutor: Confusion/ Psychic
- Gallade: Confusion/ Psychic
- Lugia: Extrasensory/ Aeroblast
- Zacian (Hero): Quick Attack/ Play Rough
- Tornadus (Incarnate): Air Slash/ Hurricane
- Victini: Confusion/ Psychic
- Tornadus: Air Slash/ Hurricane
- Xurkitree: Spark/ Dazzling Gleam
- Deoxys (Attack): Zen Headbutt/ Psycho Boost
- Meloetta (Aria): Confusion/ Psyshock
- Honchkrow: Peck/Brave Bird
- Yveltal: Gust/ Hurricane
- Togekiss: Charm/Dazzling Gleam
- Staraptor: Wing Attack/ Brave Bird
- Beheeyem: Confusion/ Psychic
- Tornadus (Therian): Gust/Psychic
- Latias: Zen Headbutt/ Psychic
- Zapdos: Thunder Shock/ Drill Peck
- Braviary: Air Slash/ Brave Bird
Windy weather boosts all Psychic and Flying Counters which makes it the perfect weather for speeding raiding. While cloudy weather boosts Machoke’s level in the Catch encounter along with boosting its Fighting-type moves which in turn makes it deal more damage. Players should keep all the influences in mind before going into battle.
What are your thoughts about our article on Machoke counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!