Morelull is a nocturnal Pokémon and they walk around at night on their leg-like roots. A very short grass-type Pokémon, Morelull is always on the move because if it stays in one place then it would keep on sucking all the nutrients from the soil. The sucking away of all the nutrients would leave no nutrients for the surrounding plants in the area. The grass-type Pokémon has roots with unique abilities that allow it to communicate with other Pokémon. In this guide, you will find out the best counters with which you can defeat Morelull in Pokémon Go.
Morelull in Pokémon Go
Morelull in Pokémon Go is a Tier 1 raid boss and can be caught with 545 – 590 CP at Level 20 with no weather boost and 681 – 738 CP at Level 25 with a weather boost. Being a grass-type Pokémon, Morelull is vulnerable to Fire, Ice, Flying, Steel, and Poison type moves.
Morelull’s best moves are Astonish and Dazzling Gleam when going against Pokémon in Gyms. This move combination is the best moveset for heading into PVP battles and its total DPS rating is also the highest.
Best counters for Morelull in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of the best counters to use against Morelull in Pokémon Go.
- Gengar (Mega): Hex/Sludge Bomb
- Beedrill (Mega): Bug Bite/Sludge Bomb
- Nihilego: Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Charizard (Mega Y): Wing Attack/Blast Burn
- Charizard (Mega X): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Roserade: Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Overqwil: Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Houndoom (Mega): Fire Fang/Flamethrower
- Deoxys (Attack): Poison Jab/Zap Cannon
- Toxicroak: Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Pidgeot (Mega): Wing Attack/Brave Bird
- Scolipede: Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Gengar: Lick/Sludge Wave
- Victreebel: Acid/Sludge Bomb
- Staraptor: Gust/Brave Bird
- Haunter: Astonish/Sludge Bomb
- Salazzle: Poison Jab/Poison Fang
- Darkrai: Snarl/Sludge Bomb
- Qwilfish (Hisuian): Poison Sting/Sludge Bomb
- Arbok: Acid/Gunk Shot
- Skuntank: Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Moltres: Wing Attack/Overheat
- Genesect (Douse): Metal Claw/Gunk Shot
- Roselia: Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Slowking (Galarian): Acid/Sludge Wave
- Dragalge: Acid/Gunk Shot
- Latios (Mega): Zen Headbutt/Luster Purge
- Sneasler: Poison Jab/Aerial Ace
- Darmanitan (Galarian Standard): Ice Fang/Avalanche
- Abomasnow (Mega): Powder Snow/Weather Ball
- Vileplume: Acid/Sludge Bomb
- Drapion: Poison Sting/Sludge Bomb
- Braviary: Air Slash/Brave Bird
- Tentacruel: Acid/Sludge Wave
- Blaziken: Fire Spin/Overheat
Make sure to use all these counters effectively to take down Morelull. Remember the Pokémon vulnerabilities and use the counter movesets accordingly.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Morelull counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!