Primal Groudon is a Primal Raid Boss which is a large, crimson-colored Pokemon. It has spikes on both sides of its body. It has jagged teeth and a black underbelly with spikes on its nail that become longer than they are in their normal form and become diagonal instead of straight. Being a Primal Raid Boss, it is one of the toughest Pokémon to fight against in the game and players will need just the right counters to stand a chance against it. So in this Pokemon GO guide, we will talk about the best ways and counters to defeat Primal Groudon in the best way possible.
Primal Groudon in Pokemon GO
Primal Groudon is a dual-type Ground and Fire Pokémon and has a maximum CP of 6672. It is vulnerable to very powerful Ground and Water-type attacks and also has a 2x weakness towards Water-type counters. It is a very tough Pokémon to fight against and even experienced players will need to go in groups of more than ten players to even stand a fighting chance against it. New players are recommended to sit this fight out completely till their Pokémons gain higher experience and levels.
Primal Groudon Movesets
The best moves from the moveset of Primal Groudon are Mud Shot and Earthquake. It is also the best combination of moves that can be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Other good enough attacks from its moveset include Dragon Tail, Solar Beam, Fire Blast, Fire Punch, and Precipice Blades.
Best counters against Primal Groudon in Pokemon Go
Here’s the list of the best counters that one can use against Primal Groudon and have a winning chance against it.
- Swampert (Mega): Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Blastoise (Mega): Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Gyarados (Mega): Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Kyogre (Primal): Waterfall/Surf
- Kyogre: Waterfall/Surf
- Swampert: Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Salamence (Mega): Dragon/Hydro Pump
- Kingler: Bubble/Crabhammer
- Gyarados: Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Feraligatr: Waterfall/Hydro Cannon
- Samurott: Waterfall/Hydro Cannon
- Clawitzer: Water Gun/Crabhammer
- Slowbro (Mega): Water Gun/Water Pulse
- Crawdaunt: Waterfall/Crabhammer
- Empoleon: Waterfall/Hydro Cannon
- Primarina: Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Palkia: Dragon Tail/Hydro Pump
- Blastoise: Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Greninja: Bubble/Surf
- Sharpedo: Bubble/Hydro Pump
- Groudon (Primal): Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Genesect (Douse): Fury Cutter/Techno Blast
- Vaporeon: Water Gun/Hydro Pump
- Milotic: Waterfall/Surf
- Floatzel: Water Gun/Hydro Pump
- Wailord: Water Gun/Surf
- Tapu Fini: Water Gun/Surf
- Pelipper: Water Gun/Weather Ball
- Omastar: Water Gun/Hydro Pump
- Starmie: Water Gun/Hydro Pump
- Rhyperior: Mud-Slap/Surf
- Salamence: Dragon Tail/Hydro Pump
- Gengar (Mega): Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Haxorus: Dragon Tail/Surf
- Keldeo (Ordinary): Low Kick/Hydro Pump
Primal Groudon is one of the best Pokemon out there at the moment and that’s why it will be one of the toughest opponents the players will ever face throughout the game. They should also try to finish the raid as quickly as possible so that they will reward them with the maximum amount of Primal Energy. One should try to use the highest level Water-type Pokémon in their team to have the highest chance at winning.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Primal Groudon counters in Pokemon Go? Let us know in the comments below!