Primal Kyogre is a Primal Raid Boss and is twice the size of a normal Kyogre. It has a deeper blue body which is partially translucent and has a golden light glowing from within. It has blue stripes on its body instead of the usual red. Its fins are pure white and the parts of it which are normally opaque are now transparent with red marks on the tips. Primal bosses are the most difficult Pokémons to fight against and if the player is not completely ready with the perfect team in the beginning, they have already lost. So in this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters to defeat Primal Kyogre.
Primal Kyogre in Pokémon Go
Primal Kyogre is a pure-type water Pokémon and is vulnerable to powerful Electric and Grass-type counters. It has a CP of 6672 and needs to be defeated as quickly as possible as the quicker it gets defeated, the more Primal Energy one will receive.
Players are recommended to go in teams of more than 10 members with their highest level Pokémon with the best counters. Primal Kyogre will be very hard to defeat even with good counters so new players should probably sit this one out till they have better odds at winning.
Primal Kyogre Movesets
The best moves from the moveset of Primal Kyogre are Waterfall and Blizzard. This is also the best combination of moves that can be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Other decent attacks from its moveset include the likes of Thunder, Hydro Pump, Surf, and Origin Pulse.
Best counters against Primal Kyogre in Pokémon Go
Here’s the list of the best counters that one can use against Primal Kyogre and have the best chances at winning with.
- Sceptile (Mega): Bullet Seed/Frenzy Plant
- Manectric (Mega): Thunder Fang/Wild Charge
- Venusaur (Mega): Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant
- Ampharos (Mega): Volt Switch/Zap Cannon
- Kartana: Razor Leaf/Leaf Blade
- Xurkitree: Spark/Discharge
- Latios (Mega): Zen Headbutt/Solar Beam
- Abomasnow (Mega): Razor Leaf/Energy Ball
- Zekrom: Charge Beam/Fusion Bolt
- Gengar (Mega): Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Zarude: Vine Whip/Power Whip
- Alakazam (Mega): Psycho Cut/Psychic
- Salamence (Mega): Dragon Tail/Draco Meteor
- Groudon (Primal): Mud Shot/Solar Beam
- Raikou: Thunder Shock/Wild Charge
- Latias (Mega): Dragon Breath/Psychic
- Gardevoir (Mega): Confusion/Psychic
- Banette (Mega): Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Thundurus (Therian): Volt Switch/Thunderbolt
- Chesnaught: Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant
- Luxray: Spark/Wild Charge
- Tapu Bulu: Bullet Seed/Grass Knot
- Gyarados (Mega): Bite/Crunch
- Magnezone: Spark/Wild Charge
- Electrivire: Thunder Shock/Wild Charge
- Blaziken (Mega): Counter/Focus Blast
- Venusaur: Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant
- Roserade: Razor Leaf/Grass Knot
- Tangrowth: Vine Whip/Power Whip
- Sceptile: Fury Cutter/Frenzy Plant
- Mewtwo: Psycho Cut/Thunderbolt
- Vikavolt: Spark/Discharge
- Zapdos: Thunder Shock/Thunderbolt
- Beedrill (Mega): Bug Bite/Sludge Bomb
- Shaming (Sky): Hidden Power/Grass Knot
Primal Kyogre is one of the hardest Pokémons to fight against in raids so players need to be absolutely sure that they have their best options in their team and also have as much manpower as possible in their team.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Primal Kyogre counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Google News, Instagram, and Twitter for quick updates.