Pokémon Go is one of the most played games worldwide, with lots of trainers playing the game every day. Now, Pokémon Go users will be able to send Pokémon to Pokémon Home, the cloud-based service for Nintendo Switch and compatible mobile devices designed as a place where all Pokémon can gather.
What is Pokémon Home
Pokémon Home is an upgraded version of Pokémon Bank. It enables users to transfer and store their Pokémon from mainline and other entries of the series, which will be available to view on smartphones and Nintendo Switch.
Pokémon Home also allows users to expand their collection of Pokémon between games. Pokémon Home also allows users to trade Pokémon with other Home users. Players can choose to trade with nearby users or use the Global trading system to specifically send or receive Pokémon.
Steps to link Pokémon Go account to your Pokémon Home account
To send Pokémon to Pokémon Home, users will first have to link their Pokémon Go account to the Pokémon Home account. Follow these steps to link the accounts:
- Launch the Pokémon Go app.
- Tap on the Pokeball icon on the map
- Select the Settings button on the top right corner
- Tap on Pokémon Home
- Sign in using the Nintendo account associated with your Pokémon Home account.
After linking the accounts, users will be able to see their Pokémon Home account details in the Pokémon Home section of the settings menu.
How to send your Pokémon to Pokémon Home in Pokémon Go
- In the Pokémon Home section of the settings menu, tap on Send Pokémon to behind the process of sending Pokémon to your Pokémon Home account.
- Tapp on the Send Pokémon option will enable users to access the Go Transporter. The Go Transfer will send Pokémon to Pokémon Home using Go Transporter Energy. Remember that each Pokémon will require a different amount of Go transfer energy to be sent.
Go Transfer will be initially full of charge when users send Pokémons to Pokémon Home for the first time, after the first transfer the Go transfer will automatically start accumulating energy. Users can choose to charge the Go Transfer instantly by using Pokécoins.
Pokémon once transferred from Pokémon Go to Pokémon Home cannot be brought back to Pokémon Go, and users have to receive the Pokémon in Pokémon Home for the Pokémon to appear in their Pokémon Boxes.
Users will not be able to send some Pokémon to Pokémon Home, which includes Spinda, favorited and Buddy Pokémon, Pokémon defending Gyms, Costumed, Shadow, and Mega-Evolved Pokémon. On the other hand, some Pokémon will change forms during the transfer. This includes:
- Sunshine Form Cherrim will become Overcast Form Cherrim.
- Sunny Form, Rainy Form, and Snowy Form Castform will become Castform in its usual form.
- Origin Forme Giratina will become Altered Forme Giratina.
Although this list is temporary, the confirmation screen during the transfer process will tell players if the Pokémon will change forms during the transfer or not. Users can stay updated about all the information by visiting the official website or following the official social media handles.