ActionGuidesMOBA

Pokémon Unite Boost Emblems Guide: How to Obtain, Upgrade, Best Builds, and more

Pokémon Unite has recently added a new mechanic to the game called Boost Emblems. Similar to the Rune system in the game League of Legends, emblems are small medal-like items that provide a boost to Pokémon stats and include bonus effects that increase things, such as a Pokémon’s attack speed or crowd control resistance. This Pokémon Unite guide will cover how to obtain Boost emblems, how the emblems work, and how to use these emblems.

How to obtain Boost Emblems in Pokémon Unite

Boost emblems can be obtained in two different ways:

  • The Seasonal Pass
  • Energy Rewards

The Seasonal Pass rewards players with a different item every time they level up. These rewards include items such as Aeos Tickets, Item Enhancers, and Boost Emblems. To level up the Seasonal Pass, players can play as many matches as possible, so that the Boost Emblems can be claimed. This method is not suggested, as most of the emblems rewarded from the Seasonal Pass are quite weak and low in rarity.

Pokémon Unite Boost Emblems Guide
Image via The Pokémon Company

The other (preferred) method of obtaining Boost Emblems is by using the Energy Rewards system. Whenever a player does matches they gain ‘energy’, with enough energy, players can acquire a random Boost Emblem. There is an 88% chance to get a bronze emblem along with a 10% chance to get a silver emblem and a 2% chance to get a gold emblem. Players must remember to log in daily, as the first energy reward per day is free!

How do Boost Emblems work in Pokémon Unite

Emblems have two effects on Pokémon, which include their ‘singular’ effects and their ‘color group’ effects. Every individual emblem has two stat changes on a Pokémon, one will decrease a Pokémon’s stat, while the other change will increase a Pokémon’s stat in return. With higher rarity, the amount of stat in the emblem decrease/increase will be greater.

For example, a bronze Bulbasaur emblem will decrease a Pokémon’s health by 30, but by providing 1.5 special attacks in return, a silver Bulbasaur emblem will decrease a Pokémon’s health by 40, providing 2.5 special attacks in return. A gold Bulbasaur emblem will decrease a Pokémon’s health by 50, providing 3 special attacks in return. These individual emblem effects can alter the following stats:

  • HP
  • Attack
  • Defence
  • Sp. Attack
  • Sp. Def
  • Speed
  • Critical Hit Rate

These individual effects currently have very little effect on Pokémon. Therefore, the color group bonuses should be prioritized, as the most notable of these stats is the critical hit rate. Characters with a high attack like Absol and Cinderace do benefit greatly from it.

The other effects are the ‘color group’ effects. Each emblem is assigned with one or two color effects. When a number of emblems of a specific color are assigned to a Pokémon, they will get a bonus of some sort. The effects of Boost Emblems include the following:

ColourQuantitySpecial Effect
x2+1% Sp. Atk
Greenx4+2% Sp. Atk
x6+4% Sp. Atk
x3+4% movement speed when out of combat
Yellowx5+6% movement speed when out of combat
x7+12% movement speed when out of combat
x3+2% attack speed
Redx5+4% attack speed
x7+8% attack speed
x2+2% Defense
Bluex4+4% Defense
x6+8% Defense
x2+1% HP
Whitex4+2% HP
x6+4% HP
x3+2% move cooldown reduction
Blackx5+4% move cooldown reduction
x7+8% move cooldown reduction
x2+1% Attack
Orangex4+2% Attack
x6+4% Attack
x2+2% Sp. Def
Purplex4+4% Sp. Def
x6+8% Sp. Def
x3-4% hindrance effect duration
Pinkx5-8% hindrance effect duration
x7-16% hindrance effect duration

Duplicate copies of an emblem will not be counted towards the color bonuses. Players must remember that more bonuses will be given for using more of each consecutive emblem color. This might sometimes be better to use more of a color, than balancing out the color bonuses.

Boost Emblems: How to upgrade

Our Pokémon Unite Boost Emblems Guide will also discuss how they can be upgraded when there are three copies of them in the same rarity along with 100 Aeos coins. For example, Three bronze emblems and 100 Aeos coins can merge into a silver emblem and 100 Aeos coins with 3 silver emblems will merge into a gold emblem.

Merging into a gold emblem may not always succeed. If it fails, the Emblems will be refunded, but the Aeos coins will remain spent. Boost Emblems can be upgraded by doing the following:

  • Players must go to the trainer profile, followed by selecting “Pokémon Boost Emblems”.
  • They can highlight an emblem in the collection by selecting it.
  • They can press the upgrade button in the bottom right-hand corner.

Pokémon Unite Boost Emblems: Example Builds

Below are three example builds, which does showcase an idea of which emblem choices should be used. The first build is an example of a standard special attacker build. This build is the most useful currently because the amount of cooldown reduction which the black emblems provide mixed with high special attacks allows Pokémon like Delphox or Pikachu to become powerful.

Pokémon Unite Boost Emblems Guide examples
Image via The Pokémon Company

The second build is an example of a standard physical attacker build. This build focuses less on the color bonuses and more on increasing the critical-hit rate stat, as it provides a great amount of benefit to basic-attack reliant characters like Cinderace and Greninja.

The third build is an example of a standard tank build. This build focuses on increasing HP through the color bonuses, as the white emblems provide a great amount of health. The purple emblems are used against the frequent usage of Special Attackers in the current meta, with some special defense.

Final Thoughts

Players can hope that this guide can give some insight on how to use these new emblems! Players look forward to watching how this system evolves over time and the many interesting ways, in which these emblems are used in the metagame!

What are your thoughts on our guide on the new Boost Emblems in Pokémon Unite? Let us know in the comment section below!

For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp groupTelegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Google NewsInstagram, and Twitter for quick updates.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Related Articles

Back to top button
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x