Comfey is one of the many characters that can be played in Pokémon Unite. Comfey is a unique supporter that allows players to literally ‘stick’ onto allied Pokémon, providing utility like buffs and crowd control for them. It can be played in either the top or bottom lane, as long as there is a partner in the lane. In this guide, we will take a closer look at the best battle items, and abilities, including the tips and tricks to make your way to victory with Comfey in Pokémon Unite.
Comfey: In-game Cost
Comfey is a more expensive Pokémon available for purchase. It can be purchased for either 14000 Aeos coins or 510 Aeos Gems from the in-game shop called the Unite Battle Committee. The shop consists of all the characters available from which players can view general info, stats, and abilities of the Pokémon before purchasing them. Please note that players will not be able to purchase Comfey with Aeos coins until a week after its release.
Pokémon Unite Comfey Guide: Comfey and its movesets
Comfey’s abilities revolve around keeping itself attached to an ally and using all of its supportive capabilities on a single ally.
Passive – Synchronize
When an opponent decreases Comfey’s movement speed or uses a damage-over-time ability, Comfey will inflict the attacking Pokémon with the same condition
Every third attack is a boosted attack that does Area of Effect damage and reduces the special defense of all opponents hit. Boosted attacks deal more damage based on Comfey’s special attack.
Ability 1 –Synthesis
When the user is not attached to an ally Pokémon, it attaches itself to the designated ally Pokémon and grants it a shield. When the user is attached to an ally Pokémon, it restores that ally Pokémon’s HP. The more flowers that are consumed, the more HP that is restored. If the user releases, it will stop being attached and move in the designated direction.
Ability 2– Vine Whip
The ability has the user strike out with whiplike vines in front of itself, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon in the area of effect and decreasing their movement speed for a short time.
Ability choices at level 4
Ability 1 evolves into one of the two abilities at level 4.
|Floral Healing||Sweet Kiss|
|When the user is not attached to an ally Pokémon, it attaches itself to the designated ally Pokémon and grants it a shield. When the user is attached to an ally Pokémon, it restores that ally Pokémon’s HP. The more flowers that are consumed, the more HP that is restored. Any HP restored in excess of the ally Pokémon’s maximum is converted into a shield. If the user releases it, it will stop being attached and move in the designated direction.||When the user is not attached to an ally Pokémon, it attaches itself to the designated ally Pokémon and grants it a shield. When the user is attached to an ally Pokémon, it charges power before making opposing Pokémon in the area of effect infatuated. Infatuated Pokémon approach the user against their will. The longer power is charged, the larger the area of effect; and the more flowers that are consumed, the longer Pokémon are infatuated. If the user releases it, it will stop being attached and move in the designated direction.|
|Upgrade: It also increases the movement speed of the ally Pokemon attached for a short time.||Upgrade: It also increases the movement speed of the ally Pokemon attached while the user is charging.|
Ability choices at level 8
Ability 2 evolves into one of the two abilities at level 8.
|Magical Leaf||Green Knot|
|It has the user launch three curious, scattering leaves each second for a set amount of time. The leaves target opposing Pokémon in the area of effect and deal damage when they hit. These leaves can deal damage the opposing Pokémon hiding in tall grass. If the same opposing Pokémon is damaged six times by these leaves, Pokémon will be left unable to act. If this move is used when the user is attached to an ally Pokémon, its area of effect is increased.||Has the user unleash vines in the designated direction, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon it hits and leaving them unable to move. This move can hit up to two opposing Pokémon. If it hits two opposing Pokémon, it pulls the second to the first’s location and deals additional damage to both.|
|Upgrade: Increases the number of leaves launched each second to four.||Upgrade: Increases this move’s area of effect.|
Unite Move – Flowery Fields Forever
It has the user create a large area of tall grass around itself. The Pokémon in this tall grass cannot be seen, just as with other tall grass on the map. If the ally Pokemon enter this grass, they will continually recover HP as long as they’re in it. The user gains special flowers from this tall grass. Consuming these special flowers boosts Floral Healing and Sweet Kiss.
Best items for Comfey in Pokémon Unite
Best held items
|Item||Why it’s useful|
|Wise Glasses||Wise Glasses provides a huge amount of special attacks and pairs well with the special attack boost from Choice Specs.|
|EXP Share||Because Comfey lacks offensive capabilities to farm XP, Exp Share is a great option as it gives Comfey free experience to help it catch up to the level of teammates|
|Choice Specs||Because Comfey doesn’t need any defensive items due to being untargetable most of the time, Choice Specs is a great option as it provides a great amount of special attack and increases some of Comfeys offensive capabilities.|
Best battle items
- Slow Smoke: Slow Smoke is a great item on Comfey as Comfey does not need any battle items for its own defences. Slow Smoke can be used as extra crowd control to allow teammates to engage/disengage fights.
Pokémon Unite Comfey Guide: Gameplay Tips
Our Pokémon Unite Comfey guide includes the perfect game plan for the early and late game during the Unite battles.
- Comfey doesn’t do much until the late stages of the game, so during the early game it’s best to play as passively as possible (don’t go far from the goal zone or make risky plays) and help teammates evolve
- During the early game, Comfey has very little health so make sure to stick to teammates to stay untargetable during fights
- Once the first objective spawns make sure to help teammates secure them.
- Late Game is when Comfey has a large impact on the game. As long asComfey sticks to a powerful carry Pokemon that’s ahead like Greninja or Tyranitar then
- Comfey’s Unite move “Fairy Singularity” is one of the best Unite moves if used correctly. If the move hits an enemy it draws them in, making them unable to move to mean you can easily land your abilities and your teammates can attack the opposing Pokémon while they are unable to run. This is especially useful for securing Zapdos, as the enemy team is often grouped together, meaning you can hit more enemies with your Unite move at once
Positioning of Comfey
Comfey’s best lane is the top/bottom lane. Comfey has extremely strong healing capabilities that can only work when paired with an ally.
Only rotate when your teammates are as well, an important aspect of playing Comfey is to always stay near a Pokémon that’s ahead. This is important because Comfey players need to minimize the amount of damage allies take if the Pokemon Comfey attaches to dies, then Comfey will likely die as well.
Comfey with other Pokémon
Our Pokémon Unite guide will also look at the combination of Comfey with Pokémon during Unite battles.
Best synergies with Comfey
|Greninja||Greninja is best paired with Comfey. Greninja is a great character for solo-carrying and Comfey is a support designed for aiding a single character at once, the combination of these Pokemon allows Greninja to stomp the entire enemy team on its own.|
|Tyranitar||Comfey helps Tyranitar to be able to tank more damage and stay in fights for longer as Comfey can continuously provide healing.|
|Lucario||Lucario is another great pokemon when paired with Comfey as Lucario is a solo carry that can easily dive into the backlines and fight with Comfey|
|Scyther||Scyther is great with Comfey as it needs a strong leader to work, Comfey helps achieve this by sticking to Scyther and helping it fight.|
Pokemon which are strong and weak against Comfey
|Strong against||Weak against|
Pokémon Unite Comfey Guide: Tips and tricks to master
This guide will also discuss some tips and tricks for playing the Comfey in Pokémon Unite.
- As Comfey, your main objective is to heal teammates as much as possible. When playing Comfey, keep in mind that when you die you are unable to heal teammates, so it is better to play safer.
- Comfey is a very easy character to play, Comfey doesn’t require the player to worry about their health or movement as they will often be stuck to another player that makes those decisions for them
- If a player has a Comfey on their team, make sure the Comfey goes in a lane with the most confident player on the team, because of this Comfey is a great option for playing with friends.
- Comfey’s Unite move is extremely useful as it allows teammates to heal a great amount by staying in the bush. Make sure when playing with Comfey to stay near a bush if they have their Unite move ready
- Save the Unite Move for Zapdos. This is an easily overlooked aspect of the game that can change the entire outcome of the game, by saving your Unite Move for Zapdos, ensuring that they can secure the objective and win the game.
- One must make sure to check the map before Zapdos spawns. They must look around in the bushes surrounding Zapdos to ensure there are no sneaky enemies waiting to steal it.
- Score goals with the teammates. Own teammates will defend Comfeyon the goal point and the goal timer will go faster if you have more teammates standing on the point.
- In teamfights, Comfeysmain objective is to stay with a group of players so that it can easily attach and detach to players that need healing
- Comfey is an excellent pick if you are going to be playing with people you can communicate with (EG through call). This is because you can communicate with your allies where each player is going to go, allowing you to get a better idea of how to position.
- Make sure to frequently attach and detach from allies to utilize the extra flowers Comfrey obtains by going into bushes, that way allies can receive greater heals
Comfey is a great character for all levels under specific conditions, as long as the players surrounding Comfey are strong then Comfey can do well. I hope this guide inspires more people to play Comfey and gives some insight into how to play this Pokémon!
What are your thoughts on the Comfey guide in Pokémon Unite? Let us know in the comment section below!
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Google News, Instagram, and Twitter for quick updates.