One of the most played genres of RPG games these days is the idle RPGs. Idle RPGs are RPG games that are easy to play, and easy to master. In such games, the characters play by themselves, and players make progress even when they aren’t playing the game. One game that stands out among these, is Saint Seiya: Legend of Justice. This game is an adaptation of the famous Saint Seiya manga. In this Saint Seiya: Legend of Justice beginners guide, we will look at what the game is like, what does progress in the game look like, how can new players make decent progress, and so on.
The story of Saint Seiya is the same as the manga. It revolves around the Knights of Saint Seiya. These Knights are the worshippers and protectors of the goddess Athena. They are brave and will do anything to protect their goddess and her kingdom.
The story follows five mystical warriors called the Saints who fight wearing sacred sets of armor named Cloths, the designs of which derive from the various constellations the characters have adopted as their destined guardian symbols and empowered by mystical energy called Cosmo.
The gameplay of Saint Seiya is just like any other idle RPG. It revolves around the Saints of goddess Athena, and how they fight through various obstacles in order to rescue her and keep her faith alive. It contains a lot of different elements. Let’s see what they are.
Mastering your Knights
The most important part of Saint Seiya: Legend of Justice is the Knights. These Knights are the protectors of Athena, and as stated in the story, fight for the safety of their goddess and the universe. In this game, they are characters that continuously battle other enemies as part of the idle gameplay. There are a total of 88 different Knights in this game.
They can be collected through Summoning, where the Observatory sends out a signal and Knights respond to it. These summonings are random in nature, that is, we can’t summon specific Knights. We have to make do with the Knights that we get at random. These knights are divided into 3-star levels: 2-star, 3-star, and 5-star.
Summoning the Knights
Summoning is the process where players can summon different Knights. This process takes place in the Observatory. When players summon Knights using the Summoning Stone, the Knight that they get is a random one. Specific Knights cannot be summoned by targeting them. Players need 300 Diamonds for summoning one Knight, and 2700 Diamonds for summoning 10 Knights.
Like in other idle RPGs, Combat in Saint Seiya is fairly simple. Players have to just add Knights to their party, and the Knights will automatically assume suitable positions. Archers and ranged fighters, along with ranged healers, will go in the backline, while tank fighters will go in the frontline. Once the party is ready, they will automatically start combating enemies.
Mastering the Equipment
Outside of combat, the Knights can equip different Accessories. These accessories can be obtained through battle. Once the Knight party starts on their journey, they will battle various enemies, and in the process, after every major fight, the enemy will drop different accessories.
These accessories can be equipped by selecting the Knight, then selecting Accessories, and then selecting Auto Equip. This will automatically equip the best available items for the Knight. An important thing to remember is that different Knights equip different items, but some items are still common, so it is recommended to always equip the strongest Knight first.
Leveling Up your Knights
The Knights can be leveled up in Saint Seiya. Once the players get enough materials, they can level up all of their Knights. At first, a Knight can only be leveled up to Level 10. After that, a Breakthrough is needed to level up that Knight further.
A Breakthrough requires Gold Coins, Knight Experience, and Magic Stones. When these are used, a Breakthrough is achieved, and the Knights can be further upgraded beyond level 10.
All of the Knights in Saint Seiya use different elements in battle. There are six different elements that are at play in Saint Seiya: Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Light, and Dark. All of the Knights are aligned with one of these elements. Since these elements are very different from each other, they naturally counter each other. The counters of each element are as follows:
- Water counters Fire
- Fire counters Wind
- Wind counters Earth
- Earth counters Water
- Both Light and Dark elements are different from all the other elements. They naturally deal extra damage to each other, but when they interact with other elements, they are completely inert.
There are a lot of quests that are available in Saint Seiya. These quests are a major way for newer players to progress in the game. They provide a lot of useful rewards for newer players and these rewards range from Gold Coins and Diamonds to Knight Experience and 3-star Fragments.
Understanding the in-game Currencies
The monetization of Saint Seiya: Legend of Justice is just like other idle RPG games. Since it is a free-to-play game, it involves micro-transactions. These are all different, and they also involve various packages. There are 4 different shops in this game:
- Foundation Lobby: The Foundation Lobby is the Diamond Shop of this game. Diamonds are available in different packages here.
- Fund: The Fund shop is a shop where players can purchase Monthly Cards. These Monthly Cards are passes that provide the players with a daily supply of Diamonds and other important resources. The Silver Monthly Card provides players with 100 Diamonds and 2 Resource Hourglasses daily. The Gold Monthly Card provides players with 400 Diamonds and 20 3-star Knight Fragments daily.
- Kido Shop: Kido Shop is the shop where players can purchase Daily Packs, Weekly Packs, and Monthly Packs. All of these packs provide players with Diamonds and other resources.
- Special Offer: The Special Offer Shop is a shop where different special offers are available for the players. Like all other packs, these packs mainly offer Diamonds, along with other resources. All of these special offer packs have a purchase limit of 1, that is, they can only be purchased once for each account.
Saint Seiya: Legend of Justice has two primary currencies, they are as follows:
- Gold Coins: Gold coins are the Free-To-Play currency in this game. These are obtained mainly through gameplay progression and battles.
- Diamonds: Diamonds are the premium currency in the game. These Diamonds are primarily used for summoning new Knights. Besides that, they are also used to purchase Star Fragments for Knights, and other items in the game.
Saint Seiya: Legend of Justice Beginners Guide: Tips and Tricks
Here are some of our tips in our Saint Seiya: Legend of Justice Beginners Guide to help you, newbies, to kickstart your journey.
- Players must make sure to complete all the Beginner quests so that they can get all the rewards for those quests.
- Players should pay close attention when forming their parties. Different Knights provide different buffs to their party.
- Along with adding different Knights to the team, the player should also pay attention to the formation and elements of their team. As with most idle games, tanks should always be in the frontline, while ranged fighters and healers should be in the backline. This is because tanks can survive better and soak up a lot of damage, while the backline pumps out a lot of damage.
- When summoning Knights with Diamonds, always go for single pulls. This is because single pulls are cheaper and even if the Knight that is summoned is a bad one, the wasted Diamonds can be easily obtained again through quests and such.
- It is very necessary to log in at least once a day in order to collect all the rewards and check on gameplay progression and quest completion.
Overall, Saint Seiya is not that different from other idle RPGs, but the story and the manga universe behind it are what make it interesting. It is definitely worth trying out once. Overall, there is a lot of stuff new players can do, and they should take their time with it and enjoy the game at their own pace. So go ahead and give it a try! If you find trouble, don’t hesitate to fall back on this Saint Seiya: Legend of Justice beginners guide for tips.
That’s all from us for the Saint Seiya: Legend of Justice Beginners Guide! Did you find our Saint Seiya: Legend of Justice beginners guide helpful? Do let us know in the comments!