Survivor.io is a fast-paced arcade action survival game where players have to survive as long as possible against hordes of zombies. To do this they will need equipment, skills, and weapons. In this beginners guide, we are going to take a look at the basic gameplay and tips of Survivor.io, and help new players get a headstart.
Basically, it is a zombie survival game where players can control the character with just one finger. There are multiple types of zombies available. Players will get to choose their counterattack and passive skills to fight those zombies. There are various types of attacking skills like rockets, RPGs, Molotov, drones, etc. A player can select a maximum of six active attacking skills at a time. There will be a timer that will record the real-time survival period in each round.
Introducing the basics of Survivor.io
At first, players will start with a throwable item named Kunai. After defeating the first horde of zombies with this weapon, players will have to collect Green Gems lying on the floor. It can be used to upgrade the character’s level and select or upgrade skills. The amount of spawn of the green gems increases with each passing level and so is the requirement for upgradation.
An attacking skill can be upgraded to 5 stars, after reaching this level the skill will get a feature called evolution where it will get better and more powerful. In each chapter, players will collide with a boss zombie. This boss is very strong and will take a lot to defeat. The reward is also high. After playing for some hours, this game might feel boring and repeated due to the same kind of gameplay. Different kinds of zombies and higher levels of difficulty will surely prevent this issue.
Mastering all the in-game Skills
In this section, we are going to discuss the various types of skills available in the game. These skills can be claimed by collecting green and blue gems and opening rainbow chests.
- Type A drone: An automated drone that fires a powerful missile at a high firing rate.
- Type B drone: This is a great weapon, it’s fast and will hit a lot of zombies at once. Upgrade it for increased missiles.
- Forcefield device: Generates a dissolving forcefield around the character. If any zombie gets too close to this field, it will be dissolved by this forcefield.
- Guardian: This skill summons guardian tops that spin around the character. Guardians can nullify bullets and hit multiple zombies at once.
- Drill shot: Fires a loose drill top that travels around the city and bounces back after hitting something solid. It is great for hitting a horde at once.
- Energy Drink: This increases 1% of the character’s health points every five seconds. It can be consumed multiple times at once to get better results.
- Fitness Guide: It is a book that increases 20% HP in every use. It pairs great with the energy drink skill.
- Hi-Power Bullets: Players can upgrade this skill more to increase further the attack power of bullets.
- Sports Shoes: These increase the movement speed of the character.
- Katana: An ancient bladed weapon that will kill closeby zombies with its single blow.
- Hi-Power Magnet: It is a skill that increases the radius of the collection of green and blue gems.
- HE fuel: It increases the firing range of all bullets and missiles.
- Ronin Oyoroi: It is a great defensive skill that decreases the damage taken from zombies.
- Ammo Thruster: This skill increases the traveling speed of the bullets and missiles. By using it, players can hit the zombies faster with bullets and missiles.
- Boomerang: As players can guess from the name of the skill, it throws a boomerang.
- Lightning Emitter: Generates a powerful lightning shower on one random target area to deal massive area damage. Great for high HP zombies and bosses.
- Molotov Cocktail: This skill will create a fiery explosion on the game map, as players upgrade this more, they can get more Molotov at the same time. Another skill that is very useful at hitting a horde of zombies.
- Energy Cube: Every attack has its own interval period. By using this skill, players can decrease the interval times of attacks.
- RPG: Using this skill, players can fire big and explosive rockets at zombies. Deals great area damage. Ideal for a large group of zombies and bosses.
- Exo Bracer: Increases the effect duration of an attack or a passive skill.
- Brick: Throws a brick that damages the zombies.
- Soccer Ball: Throws a soccer ball that bounces and does nothing.
Survivor.io Beginners Guide: Tips and Tricks
Here are some of our tips in our Survivor.io Beginners Guide to help you, newbies, to kickstart your journey.
1. Use better Equipment
Always try to use better quality instruments like legendary tier belts, vests, gloves, etc. It helps a lot to withstand the zombie attacks. Players can merge their duplicate wearables to make them better.
2. Use the high-damage Skills
It is not a great idea to always use melee weapons. Players should try to use Guardian tops, RPGs, and drones. These skills do the most damage.
3. Avoid the Zombies
Do not get too close to the zombies. When a player’s character gets surrounded by zombies, they should try to go in only one direction. This strategy helps a lot to defend. Do not make a sudden 180° turn.
4. Collect as many Chests as possible
Collecting chests is one of the most important aspects of the game. Players can collect gold crates from the battlefield for gold coins. A special rainbow crate spawns after a boss or a large horde of zombies. Players should collect this crate to get a magnet and multiple skills.
5. Choose your Skills wisely
Players should select the attacking skills according to the skill synergy. Maintaining synergy helps to get the evolution faster. This also works swiftly while defeating the zombies.
So go ahead and give it a try! If you find trouble, don’t hesitate to fall back on this Survivor.io beginners guide for tips.
That’s all from us for the Survivor.io Beginners Guide! Did you find our Survivor.io beginners guide helpful? Do let us know in the comments!