A game released by Tapplus, Tales of Grimm is an idle turn-based RPG mobile game. The story of the game begins with you, the player as a dreamer battling against the enemy in order to save the world from dark magic. In this Tales of Grimm beginners guide, we will provide you with some of the tips and tricks for you to check and follow.
The game set will take place in the Land of Oz, where the people and habitat there were turned into demons by the hands of dark magic. Dreamers will fight using their favorite character to save the Land of Oz. Tales of Grimm has various tasks to do for the player’s success to restore the Land of Oz.
Tales of Grimm Beginners Guide: Tips and Tricks
1. Focus on your Hero Roles
Hero character in Tales of Grimm is a lot and each of them has different roles. There are four types of roles available in-game currently, which are:
- Guardian, who have high defensive and durability
- Warrior, as the name suggest, this role is great choice for attacking
- Mage, a long-ranged attacking role, also good for attacking
- Support, we could say this role is the backbone of a team, this role will play crucial role to heal or give shield (depend on the character skill) to other character
2. Choosing the most efficient line up formation
Depending on the heroes you have, line-up formation is one of the important things in this game. Not all formations can use the same heroes, there are specific numbers of heroes that you need to put in a formation to make one formation become more effective.
For example, in the game, the first main formation only allow players to put one guardian type hero in the front to make it effective in battle, and this formation allows you to bring two support type as well, while the second formation, which will be unlocked when the player reached level 20, allows players to put two guardian type heroes in the front of the formation, but this formation only allows players to bring one support type hero.
3. Level up your Heroes from time to time
Tales of Grimm really suggests players level up their heroes all the time. In fact, in this type of game, turn-based RPG, the higher the hero level will guarantee players victory all the time.
This will make players constantly level up their hero almost every time. With all victories players get, the more item and resources they will get as well, which is very important to improve the heroes they have.
4. Understanding the Hero elements
Hero element in RPG games is not something new, but it is also an important thing that needs attention from players. Almost every RPG game has the same elements, fire, water, wind/air, earth, darkness, and light. Tales of Grimm also use the same system.
This element system will be most likely to be missed by players, but if players pay attention and arrange your line up while considering which element they should put in their formation, it will really help them while coming face to face against the map boss.
5. Keep upgrading your Dreamer
Dreamer is what Tales of Grimm call the players that play this game. Players can raise their level easily by just playing the game, the most recommended to do it is to play the adventure mode. The level of a dreamer will be very convenient for the players to access the modes available in the game. There is also a number of modes that will be unlocked when the players leveled up, such as:
- Formation line up, there are 6 of line ups in total, the first is the basic formation that already unlocked, the second line up will be unlocked when the players reached level 20, and the other will be unlocked when the players reached level 30, 40, 50, and level 60.
- The wonder crystal, the place where players doing their hero summoning.
- Magic tower, the place where players can retire heroes and star up a hero.
- Crystal lake, the place where players can collect materials and resources by defeating certain monsters.
- Wonder stalk, which is a tower challenge, players can challenge every monster in there, the difficulty will be determined on the floor level, the higher the level, the harder the monsters to defeat.
6. Check your Power from time to time
The power, which is located on top of the screen is the indicator of how strong the player is currently. The power level can be increased by using high star heroes, wearing gears, and leveling up heroes. The line-up formation and the hero composition in it also contribute to increasing the power level. The power level is important because, certain modes, monsters, and events need a certain power level as a requirement to enter them.
There is an album that contains hero stories and hero bonds.
- Hero stories: since the heroes are from fairy tale, they have their own stories that players can read, whenever you get new hero check their stories, players will receive diamonds when they finished reading it.
- Bond: when players get a hero from a certain story, for instance, Laddin and Lamp which based on Aladdin story, its bond will activate. Bond will give players hero that associated with certain story, like Laddin and Lamp mentioned above. To activate bond, players need to collect hero from the same story line.
8. Joining a Guild
If a player is a member of a guild, they can get several profits from joining the guild.
- Access to dungeon: accessing dungeon is very useful for the guild and the player, challenging one dungeon will give player guild points to upgrade their guild skills and also coins to enhance their heroes or just to buy something in the shop.
- Guild war: the guild war is a competitive mode among all guilds. The participating guilds will compete each other to raise their guild rank until the period of guild war ends. Once it ends, the reward for the winning guild will be distributed via mail based on the guild rank and personal rank.
- Exchange: exchange in guild is useful because player can request items to their fellow guild members, the assisting members also get reward for assisting their guild mate.
9. Raise your Dreamer rank
Dreamer rank is a ranking system for the player. This rank system will give players rewards when they rank up. Players can get rare heroes by just ranking up their dreamer rank.
To increase the rank, players need to complete tasks given to them. Dreamer rank can also increase one player’s power, and give additional power stats to their heroes, which will make completing missions and fighting their enemies easier.
10. Take advantage of the idle aspects of the game
Tales of Grimm is an idle turn-based RPG, so players can play this game anywhere and anytime, whenever they want. Even when they are going offline because of classes or work that need to be done, players will always get earnings when they open the game back.
This system is what makes this game so easy to play and popular, players can play without spending real money on the game unless they want to, but it is not necessary, because it is easy to get resources to draw the gacha and get good heroes. Even they do not get good heroes, constant leveling up will help them gain the power they need to beat the boss.
Tales of Grimm is a fun game with easy and less time-consuming gameplay. This game is suitable for busy people who want to relax in between their activities, the idle system is what makes it suitable.
There are two most important things to do in this game, which are leveling up and collecting materials for leveling up the heroes, and the process of collecting them is easy, the player just needs to do adventure and play other modes in this game, and they will be guaranteed to be able to be leveling their heroes high enough to beat every enemy in the game.
That’s all for today’s Tales of Grimm beginners guide. Did you find our Tales of Grimm beginners guide helpful? Do let us know in the comments!