Waiting has come to an end! 2 years after the first BDM teaser, Pearl Abyss finally launched Black Desert Mobile on Android and iOS today. Pre-release, players could already download the game to customize their character. Now, nothing keeps us from hopping right into a great adventure.
Missed the release date but can’t wait to get started? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
What is Black Desert Mobile?
Black Desert Mobile denotes an open-world MMO developed by the Korean company Pearl Abyss. First launched as MMORPG for Microsoft Windows in 2015, the game received a remastered version 3 years later. Just this year, Black Desert was released for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
While the long-awaited global launch of Black Desert Mobile finally takes place, Korea, Japan and Taiwan already enjoy the mobile version since 2018.
Free-to-play, available across all platforms and 150 countries – it doesn’t surprise that Black Desert accumulated more than 10 million players over the years. Incredible action scenes, as well as endless options to customize your own characters, make the game a real staple for RPG lovers. Awesome graphics captivate both newcomers and old hands; meanwhile, the sandbox-oriented game design makes sure that things never slow down.
As of now, you get to choose between 5 classes that will feel rather familiar for RPG experts.
- Warrior: The Jack of all trades, Warrior don’t really excel at anything, but provide a well-rounded kit also suitable for beginners.
- Ranger: Another staple in the RPG scene, Rangers provide good long-ranged DPS but suffer in close combat.
- Giant: The traditional hard-hitting juggernauts, Giants aren’t very agile but devastating once they land a hit.
- Witch: Of course, BDM also offers the classic mage role. Witches make use of elemental powers to destroy their foes from afar, providing huge amounts of burst damage.
- Valkyrie: Somewhere between Fighter and Support, Valkyries provide a very flexible skillset with offensive, supportive and defensive powers.
Aside from action-loaded combat, there’s a broad variety of activities you can pass the time with. Farming, trading and crafting are only a few of many options to explore the Black Deserts. Learn more about the 2 rivalling nations Valencia and Calpheon and search for the Black Stones that allegedly bear great power. So what are you waiting for?